Look a Likes in the Gallery

A-M

This is a fun game where you will need to search the gallery. A good idea is to possibly look in the challenges gallery and choose current challenges like the Weekly Newsletter, Weekend Wildcard, Monthly Challenges or Sketch inspiration.   You can go as far back in the gallery as you want to. 

I will start us off by sharing a page from the gallery, I will leave a comment and will link it so that others who want to play the game to also comment on that page.

The next person will look at the page I share and find in the gallery another page that features something the same.... it could that it is another layout with 3 photos.... it could be a butterfly.... it could be the same dominate color used.... it could be the same template used.

To help I will share one page and then  share the next one to get us started.  Remember to leave a comment on the page you share and possibly mention you are going to feature that page in the Look a Like game. 

Here we go....

What's missing.jpg

7 hours ago, Celestine said:

@A-M Can you tell us how you were able to insert the image? I can't get the "Insert Image from URL" under the "Other Media" tab to work. I'm not really keen on downloading a file to my hard drive and then inserting it.

Have two windows open - the post and the gallery -  then what I do is when I find the layout in the gallery I do not click on it to open it. I right click and copy and then paste in the post in this thread and it comes in large full size. I then click on it to resize to 450 x 450 otherwise it is too large and takes up too much room in the thread. Then I highlight the image and go back to the gallery click on it to open it  and then copy the URL to come back to the post and click on the link symbol and paste the URL in the pop up box. 

I go back then to the gallery to leave a comment. 

Hope this all makes sense. 

14 hours ago, A-M said:

This is a fun game where you will need to search the gallery. A good idea is to possibly look in the challenges gallery and choose current challenges like the Weekly Newsletter, Weekend Wildcard, Monthly Challenges or Sketch inspiration.   You can go as far back in the gallery as you want to. 

I will start us off by sharing a page from the gallery, I will leave a comment and will link it so that others who want to play the game to also comment on that page.

The next person will look at the page I share and find in the gallery another page that features something the same.... it could that it is another layout with 3 photos.... it could be a butterfly.... it could be the same dominate color used.... it could be the same template used.

To help I will share one page and then  share the next one to get us started.  Remember to leave a comment on the page you share and possibly mention you are going to feature that page in the Look a Like game. 

Here we go....

What's missing.jpg

Thanks Annmarie!

Look a like..... Sweet children in the photo.   See the page to add some love to it  HERE

Traditions

18 hours ago, A-M said:

Have two windows open - the post and the gallery -  then what I do is when I find the layout in the gallery I do not click on it to open it. I right click and copy and then paste in the post in this thread and it comes in large full size. I then click on it to resize to 450 x 450 otherwise it is too large and takes up too much room in the thread. Then I highlight the image and go back to the gallery click on it to open it  and then copy the URL to come back to the post and click on the link symbol and paste the URL in the pop up box. 

I go back then to the gallery to leave a comment. 

Hope this all makes sense. 

Thanks, AnneMarie, those were perfect instructions. I guess the trick is to leave the image in the gallery in order to get the image to copy or to use the image URL (which is what I did). When you open an image all the way to its own page the ability to copy the image disappears. Hopefully, I remember this for the future.

@englishrose Hilary, thank you for playing the game. If you can next time please include a link to the page so we can also leave some love. I went looking in the gallery and could not find that lovely page by Andrea.

Look a Like.... gingham ribbon   You can leave some love on this pretty page by Celestine  HERE

Purple Shamrocks

9 hours ago, A-M said:

@englishrose Hilary, thank you for playing the game. If you can next time please include a link to the page so we can also leave some love. I went looking in the gallery and could not find that lovely page by Andrea.

Look a Like.... gingham ribbon   You can leave some love on this pretty page by Celestine  HERE

Purple Shamrocks

Ooops - sorry Ann-Marie!

@Jane in N.Z @Celestine  and others who come along and want to play in  our game.... please read the opening post. I want you all to leave some love in the gallery which is an important feature of this game. 

5 hours ago, Belle said:

Adore you  by @April Showers The look alike is the pretty pink flowers. 

I'm sorry but I followed all the instructions but could not find anywhere to resize  the layout.

I think I'm getting my wires crossed. I used the above layout instead of finding another one. ??

To resize the layout, double click on the image once it has been inserted into the content of your thread and change the dimensions to 250 x 250. Then hit "Submit Reply." 

2 hours ago, Celestine said:

To resize the layout, double click on the image once it has been inserted into the content of your thread and change the dimensions to 250 x 250. Then hit "Submit Reply." 

Thank you. I will give it another go.