Weekend Wildcard Challenge 10 April

Mikelle

I am currently on a short overnight trip in Leavenworth, WA.  If you've never been here, it's a quaint little town in Bavarian style, full of great German restaurants and little shops. It tends to be a big Christmas destination around here, as they go all out for the Christmas decorations.  This is the first trip we've taken anywhere in over a year, since the pandemic began.

Our challenge this weekend is to scrap landmark or destination photos.  Examples include the Alamo in San Antonio, TX, or Stonehenge in England, or a Shinto shrine in Kyoto, Japan.  If you haven't traveled outside of your own town much, pick an interesting landmark or location where you live.  Your layout doesn't necessarily have to be about the landmark or location; the photos can be of people you were with while visiting the place you chose, or can focus on a specific event or funny story that happened while you were there.  Just make sure to include the location somewhere on your layout so we can travel with you!

When you have completed your layout, upload it to the Weekend Wildcard Challenge Gallery, then come back to this thread to leave a link to your layout so that we can all admire it!

Here is my layout:  Hirosaki Cherry Blossom Festival

It’s funny that I chose a cherry blossom festival near Misawa, Japan where I was stationed years ago.  I had forgotten that Wenatchee, which is near Leavenworth, is a big cherry orchard area, and as we were driving through today we saw all of the beautiful cherry blossoms on the trees.  More than that, Misawa, Japan and Wenatchee, WA are sister cities!

Oh my so many beautiful destinations I will have trouble picking a favorite....this is going to be hard. I will be back with a page this weekend.