Weekend Challenge 5/15/21

SodScrap

May is Gifts from the Garden Month.  We have flower gardens, vegetable or herb gardens.  These are the traditional types of gardens.  But there are also fairy gardens, butterfly gardens, and more.  Your challenge is to create a layout using Gifts from the Garden as your inspiration.  Do you gift vegetables from your garden?  Do you make or receive baked goods from a garden?  There are other garden gifts I can think of; like peace or joy while enjoying time in or viewing a garden.  Do you have a favorite botanical garden you like to visit?  

I can't wait to see the layouts your creatives create!  Please post your layout in the Weekend Challenge Gallery and post a link back in this thread. 

Ooh, Conda, I LOVE this challenge - I can think of 20 layouts I could do. Hopefully, I can find a minute to scrap one or two. I've barely scrapped all week because - you guessed it - I've been working in the garden. Beginning today, it is supposed to rain for seven straight days. And today I am headed out of town to a garden center for their arboretum walk. So, if the weather isn't too bad, maybe I will get some photos.

17 minutes ago, Celestine said:

Ooh, Conda, I LOVE this challenge - I can think of 20 layouts I could do. Hopefully, I can find a minute to scrap one or two. I've barely scrapped all week because - you guessed it - I've been working in the garden. Beginning today, it is supposed to rain for seven straight days. And today I am headed out of town to a garden center for their arboretum walk. So, if the weather isn't too bad, maybe I will get some photos.

I had a lot of ideas also.  Although, I couldn't find pictures for most of them...

Funny that you used gardens for todays challenge. I was already working on a different layout for one of the May challenges. I debated whether to use that layout for this challenge and come up with something else for that other challenge. Since I had two photos I was torn to use for the Monthy challenge I decided I would use the second photo for this challenge. Problem solved.  One Breath

2 hours ago, MariJ said:

What a great challenge, @SodScrap Conda, I was so happy to see it!   It's wonderful how many directions creativity can take it and I'm so enjoying all the different layouts posted.

Here's mine - 
Fairy Garden Magic

I was thinking of you, Marilyn, when I snapped these photos at a garden center on Saturday.

0093B562-D22B-42DB-8BA4-CCE2F4179BC2.thumb.jpeg.d083cfeffe600ace88f235d2b4f74fbc.jpeg

1E345C28-AB7F-4043-886F-D2B32E0C68DD.jpeg

6E913373-D706-4FE7-9DFC-68108265B19E.jpeg

@Celestine THANK YOU for showing me these, sure wish I were there.   Funny thing is, at my sister's I discovered an area in a garden center, but not as much as you show here, that's awesome.    My fairy garden creator is salivating wishing to get some of those fairies!    Thanks for your kindness in taking and showing me these, wow.   ?

@Celestine  OK, so I keep coming back to look at your pics!    Besides gifts, most of my Fairy Garden has come from Amazon (even the gifts!) and I've never even seen most of what is in your photos.   Wowie..  Maybe I should start looking in Garden Centers, although we don't have a lot of them/as big or expansive as in the midwest...  :(   I can't believe the assortment of houses and even fairies, amazing!   Ok, I will stop looking now.   Maybe....   ?

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

@Celestine  OK, so I keep coming back to look at your pics!    Besides gifts, most of my Fairy Garden has come from Amazon (even the gifts!) and I've never even seen most of what is in your photos.   Wowie..  Maybe I should start looking in Garden Centers, although we don't have a lot of them/as big or expansive as in the midwest...  :(   I can't believe the assortment of houses and even fairies, amazing!   Ok, I will stop looking now.   Maybe....   ?

Marilyn - I was attempting to send you a private message, but it indicated you do not receive private messages. These photos were taken at Hornbaker Gardens in Princeton, Illinois, and they have a website. If something appeals to you in their fairyland shop, perhaps you could call them and describe what products interest you from my photos and get a price. Believe it or not, I didn't photograph everything in their fairyland retail section. ( I just looked at their website and they ask you to call for availability of specific items in their miniature garden shop. There are more photos online). I was surprised at the size of the nursery operation and how gorgeously landscaped the grounds were (future scrapping layouts!). We were there for the arboretum tour - in the rain.

58 minutes ago, Celestine said:

Marilyn - I was attempting to send you a private message, but it indicated you do not receive private messages. These photos were taken at Hornbaker Gardens in Princeton, Illinois, and they have a website. If something appeals to you in their fairyland shop, perhaps you could call them and describe what products interest you from my photos and get a price. Believe it or not, I didn't photograph everything in their fairyland retail section. ( I just looked at their website and they ask you to call for availability of specific items in their miniature garden shop. There are more photos online). I was surprised at the size of the nursery operation and how gorgeously landscaped the grounds were (future scrapping layouts!). We were there for the arboretum tour - in the rain.

Thanks for the additional information and sorry about the PM..   Hmmmm..  I spent loads of time when I left Team deleting PM's so I'd have lots of empty slots, I'll have to check that out, thank you!    I appreciate all this and will look into it.