Weekend Wildcard Challenge 29 May

Mikelle

I'm sitting at my computer right now with our loyal Chiweenie, Pumpkin, near me in her special char.  I'm her favorite person, although her "Mama," my 12 year old daughter, runs a close second.  This weekend, let's scrap a layout about a pet, past or present, but to add a twist and work on our journalling, tell us a story about your pet.  For example, I had a cat growing up that liked to flush the toilets when he wanted attention.  We lived in an old, turn-of-the-century house (20th century of course), and apparently we had leaky pipes, because one evening the cat was upstairs repeatedly flushing the toilet, and suddenly the ceiling fell into the living room below, right next to the recliner my father was sitting in watching TV.  Oops!  Old house, leaky pipes, and an ornery cat.

If you aren't really a pet person (allergies or for whatever reason), then scrap a layout about an animal, and journal about when, where, and why you decided to photograph that animal.  Once you have completed your layout, upload it to the Weekend Wildcard Challenge Gallery, then come back to this thread and leave a link to your layout so that we can all admire it!

What a fun challenge, @Mikelle! Thanks for suggesting this topic. Here is Chief for Goldendoodles Rule. As an update for those of you who know our dog has a brain tumor and has now lived nearly six months past the time the veterinarian gave him, Chief is doing very, very well. No additional seizures, no obvious pain, and he is getting around with almost no weakness and trembling. We aren't sure how well he sees out of his left eye, and the steroids have caused him to gain weight (up to 101 lbs -yikes!), but the vet says she isn't worried about it. We have had to start him on some tummy medications to offset the long term steroids. Yesterday he went to an outdoor market with us and was happy, smiling and letting everybody give him pets.

2 hours ago, Celestine said:

What a fun challenge, @Mikelle! Thanks for suggesting this topic. Here is Chief for Goldendoodles Rule. As an update for those of you who know our dog has a brain tumor and has now lived nearly six months past the time the veterinarian gave him, Chief is doing very, very well. No additional seizures, no obvious pain, and he is getting around with almost no weakness and trembling. We aren't sure how well he sees out of his left eye, and the steroids have caused him to gain weight (up to 101 lbs -yikes!), but the vet says she isn't worried about it. We have had to start him on some tummy medications to offset the long term steroids. Yesterday he went to an outdoor market with us and was happy, smiling and letting everybody give him pets.

I saw your layout and read your journaling and thought, wow - Chief is doing well.  So I came here to look further and was happy to see that he is really doing very well, that's wonderful and I was glad to see this.   

2 hours ago, KTB said:

My lil guy TJ is pretty precocious and gets into everything. 

i just showed him once how to play in the Crazy Box I designed just for him!

Such a cute idea and layout! TJ is adorable and I love the little embellishment that looks like your cat!

@KTB if you post your layout in a gallery, forum members are able to make comments on a page dedicated to your layout. It is also a place where challenge managers help keep track of participants and if you post in the Gallery you could get picked for a $5 prize to the store. There are drawings held every week. Here is the Weekend Wildcard Gallery. If you need help on how to add a layout to the gallery, go here. We are so happy to have you join us in the Forum!!

16 hours ago, KTB said:

My lil guy TJ is pretty precocious and gets into everything. 

i just showed him once how to play in the Crazy Box I designed just for him!

I love your photo and layout of TJ!  Our cat Delta tries to climb into the smallest boxes whenever a box is available.  So funny - they think you can't see them if they hide their heads in boxes.  ?  And I echo Celestine - we're glad you're here, keep posting your layouts!

On 5/31/2021 at 8:39 AM, Celestine said:

Such a cute idea and layout! TJ is adorable and I love the little embellishment that looks like your cat!

@KTB if you post your layout in a gallery, forum members are able to make comments on a page dedicated to your layout. It is also a place where challenge managers help keep track of participants and if you post in the Gallery you could get picked for a $5 prize to the store. There are drawings held every week. Here is the Weekend Wildcard Gallery. If you need help on how to add a layout to the gallery, go here. We are so happy to have you join us in the Forum!!

Thanks EVER so much, Celestine!

16 hours ago, Mikelle said:

I love your photo and layout of TJ!  Our cat Delta tries to climb into the smallest boxes whenever a box is available.  So funny - they think you can't see them if they hide their heads in boxes.  ?  And I echo Celestine - we're glad you're here, keep posting your layouts!

Thanks, Mikelle! They REALLY do think we can’t see them!