Thursdays Challenge – 6/24 Party Time! (recipe challenge)

beatricemi

Sale-A-Bration week is all about throwing a party!  So for today’s challenge we are going to let you build your own party, then you’re going to turn that into a layout.

The rules are pretty simple.  Below you will see several categories and options under each category.  Next to the category title you’ll also see how many options you must choose.

Simply reply to this thread the options you’re choosing, then keep an eye on your private messages.  We will send you a list of what item corresponds with each option, and those are what you must use on your layout.

For Example, I might reply to this thread with the following:

I choose

Silver

Rock

Cocktails

Soda

Sandwiches

Cake

Cookies

I know I must already use: button, ribbon, word art/title, brush and a frame on the layout.  But then I’ll check my PM and see what other items correspond with the options I choose, and I must also include those.

Rules/Prizes: 

• Simply create your layout using today’s challenge prompt and post it in the Sale-A-Bration gallery. There's no need to add your layout here but if you do, please don't share the details of your menu since it's meant to be a secret.
  • After you have completed this task please remember to update your post in the Game Tracker thread  
  • In order to be eligible for Grand Prizes you must participate all games/challenges before the event closes at midnight EST 6/29
  • One lucky person will be chosen to win a $5 gift certificate.

Party List     

Basics Each Party Must Have  (every layout must include the following 5 items)

Table - Button

Table Cloth - Ribbon

Fork - Word Art/Title

Napkin - Brush

Cup - Frame

Color - Choose 1

Red

Gold

Silver

Pink

Purple

Blue

Green

Yellow

Music - Choose 1 

Country

Pop

Rap

Top 40

Classical

Rock

Food – Choose as many as you’d like from each category below (must choose at least 2 in total) 

Drinks

Coffee

Tea

Water

Soda

Punch

Cocktails

Food

Chips

Dip

Pizza

Sandwiches

Meatballs

Veggie Tray

Dessert

Cake

Cookies

Brownies

Ice Cream

Cupcakes

Treat Bags

2 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Gulp.  ? Keeping my fingers crossed that I won't be sorry with my picks (I still haven't recovered from having to put in 12 photos for one recipe challenge years ago, LOL):
I choose:
Green
Classical
Coffee and Cocktails
Veggie Tray
Brownies

lol...no 12 photos I promise.   Maybe the scariest thing is using 4 different colors

That was fun!! Thank you for the challenge. I am thankful I didn't end up with 12 photos.... LOL, but did 4 colors. I wasn't sure if you were referring to the flowers being 4 colors or my layout, ROFL.

Credits {linked here and in gallery}

Used: SSEmb Stacked Photos by Ginny Whitcomb  {I think this is what you meant by Scrap Simple Embellishment??}

Template: Blue Bayou by Carol W Designs

Kit: Adventure by Connie Prince

Leaves: Blue Bayou Kit by Carol W Designs

Stamps: Blue Bayou Kit by Carol W Designs

Photo Corners: Through His Eyes Embellishments by Ginny Whitcomb

Here is my layout:

large.cwx_blue_bayou_temp1-web1.jpg.4d3f291cbe713a59b8af0a0ca34cc6f5.jpg

I have my table set up and the table cloth on. I have my forks, cups, and napkins ready to go! 

The color of my party is Silver! 

I am definitely having country music. 

My drink of choice is whisky, but that wasn't an option ? so I will go with tea.

I am going to serve my guests chips and dip with their sandwiches. I will also have some meatballs. 

And, I can't forget the sweets! I love my sweets. I will serve cake, cookies, brownies, ice cream, and treat bags. 

Oh, this is going to be so fun! 

16 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Gulp.  ? Keeping my fingers crossed that I won't be sorry with my picks (I still haven't recovered from having to put in 12 photos for one recipe challenge years ago, LOL):

lol.. now I'm hoping the same

15 hours ago, beatricemi said:

Not to give it away but luckily there is nothing you could choose that would require using 12 photos lol.

I should be caught up to here so if you did not get a pm from me please let me know!

@beatricemi Sorry, I only did my choices when I woke up this morning. So I still need a PM please.

Well Laura I want to go to your party, I hope it's at your new camper. I will bring wine or rum because I am not a fan of whiskey.

My choices are

Red

Rock

Soda and Cocktails

Veggie Tray

Ice Cream