I Need Helpw/ Photoshop Elements 3.0

Guest moopadaisy

Guest moopadaisy
:grr:
ok, I got an Epson stylus photo 1280 printer for Christmas (total shocker to me!) , my hubby bought it for me since he knew I was getting into the digital scrapping and thought I could use it to print 12x12's from home. My problem is I have NO idea what I am doing!!!! I have no clue how to work PSE and no idea how to set it to print a 12x12 LO!! At this point I don't care about all the fancy stuff in pse 3.0 I just want to know how to use it for a simple LO and then be able to print it out! I swear to me it is like looking at something in a different language! I'm ready to send it all back! :(

[quote name='moopadaisy' post='79507' date='Dec 27 2006, 08:48 PM']:grr:
ok, I got an Epson stylus photo 1280 printer for Christmas (total shocker to me!) , my hubby bought it for me since he knew I was getting into the digital scrapping and thought I could use it to print 12x12's from home. My problem is I have NO idea what I am doing!!!! I have no clue how to work PSE and no idea how to set it to print a 12x12 LO!! At this point I don't care about all the fancy stuff in pse 3.0 I just want to know how to use it for a simple LO and then be able to print it out! I swear to me it is like looking at something in a different language! I'm ready to send it all back! :([/quote]

Never fear Tacie... there is always help here! :D When you begin your layout.. you are going to want to go to File.. .New... Blank File... then you have the choice to make your layout 12x12, but makes sure it is in inches and not pixels. Color Mode is RGB, Make sure the dpi is set to 300 . You can choose then if you want your background to be white, transparent or any color. I hope that helps you a little bit so you can get started. If you still run into troubles, don't be afraid to ask more questions or send me a PM.

Guest siraacsa
Sounds like you need to invest in Ro's PSE tutorials. It will be money well spent, she will have you up and creating simple layouts in no time and she will also give you the tips and confidence to go forward on. Don't throw it out, take some tuts, ask questions and in no time at all you will be able to show your DH your beautiful printed creations. Good luck.

Here is the link to Ro's video. [url="http://www.scrapgirls.com/store/product.php?id=5253&cat=20"]http://www.scrapgirls.com/store/product.ph...5253&cat=20[/url]

Guest sfcgijill
Congrats on your new Epson- I know you'll love it once you get past this part.

In order to get mine to print 12x12, I had to call the Epson help line to figure out how to set the configuration for it. It only took them maybe 5 minutes to talk me through it, and I haven't had a problem since.

The issue is that the printer dialogue will ask you what size to print, and it offers 8x10, letter, legal, 4x6, 5x7, etc... but it didn't have 12x12 already on the menu.

Merry Christmas!

Guest Happy99
Don't quit! There is a learning thing with digital scrapping, but it is well worth the trouble. I have to totally agree that Ro's Secrets Revealed tutorials are great for beginners. She walks you through each step - great investment. You can always go over them again when needed. I have to do that lots. Unfortunately I can't help you with printer problems, I own an HP that works but likes to add streaks to my pictures and layouts. Keep asking questions here though cause there is always someone to help. Don't quit! Happy New Year!

Archived