Any Lincolnshire Ladies Out There?

Susan-s3js

If any of you live in Lincs, I'd be delighted to make your acquaintance. I *don't* live there, but my roots are in several Lincs villages. While I was stationed in England (almost 5 years in the 70's), I visited all those villages not knowing I belonged there. My Mother had told me all my life my great grandfather was from Wiltshire. NOT! I'd like to know more about where he lived and where my other greats were born and grew up so I can add some Local color and interest to my heritage scrapboook. I am happy to reciprocate, BTW. Many of you have American branches to your families.

I'll be working on the other counties when I am sure which ones they are.

I lived in Warrington, Cheshire (it was Lancs when I got my orders, but Chershire when I arrived!) when I was staioned at RAF Burtonwood, Harrow Wealdstone in Middlesex (London metro area) when I was stationed at our Embassy in London, and in Camberley in Surrey when I worked at the Embassy as a civilian while I was engaged to a Scotsman in the Royal Army. It didn't happen and I had to come home. Boo! I love England and could live there forever - as long as I could come home often!

Archived