Weekend Wildcard Challenge - July 17, 2021

Celestine

The challenge this weekend is to create a limited color layout. Start with a monochromatic palette (black, gray, white), and add in JUST TWO COLORS. You can choose any two colors. This means you will have to think about your photo, and whether you choose to leave it black and white, do a color "pop" or recolor the image. The papers and embellishments on the page can only be in the monochromatic palette or your two selected colors.

Load your image into the Weekend Wildcard Gallery and then post a link in the thread below. Don't forget to also post in the Challenge Chase thread if you are participating.

Here is my example, using the monochromatic base and then featuring blue and yellow in Blue Jay.

I can't wait to see your color combos!

I was into taking B&W pics for awhile so this is one that I got one weekend when we were on the boat in the river, pays to get up early. Note-My son has a huge poster of this pic in his auto repair shop.

I think I did this right. It's the perfect challenge for an idea I had related to the albino animals I have seen in the past year.  Here is mine. Thanks for the fun challenge!~

2 hours ago, hmfaub said:

Here is my two color challenge

large.Joe-and-Marie-Fav-pics-two-color-challenge-for-web.jpg.a44d451119bf65f6ca2b0cbdd8529b8e.jpg

Hi Marie - Thanks for joining the challenge. I just wanted to give you an FYI on your thread posts since there aren't any links, which in turn make it really easy for all of us to COMMENT on your gorgeous layouts. 

Usually here on ScrapGirls our protocol is to post just text in the Forum threads and provide a link to the gallery image. A lot of us use the title of layout as the hyperlink, or say "my layout is HERE." What I usually do is load my image first in the appropriate gallery, and then, once I am on the dedicated gallery page for the image I just loaded, I right click in the URL bar and copy the URL address. Then I go to the appropriate challenge thread and make a comment. I highlight the text where I want to put the link, such as the image title, and when I click on the little chain symbol in the message bar, a new window opens asking for the URL. I right click again and paste the URL address from my layout gallery page.

This way anyone in the Forum thread can go from your active hyperlink to your gallery image and leave comments. In the way you've loaded your image here, I am not able to link. I have to search for your image in the gallery to leave a comment. A secondary reason for using hyperlink text rather than loading images is so that we can save a little room and speed things up. Opening image-heavy threads on some mobile devices can make them sluggish. (I know I have this problem on my older I-Phone.)

I hope this is clear. If it isn't, just send me a message (or even send one to @April Showers, who manages most of the technical shenanigans here on ScrapGirls). I have been enjoying your layouts, so please keep posting!!