Tuesday Newsletter Challenge, 19 July

Mikelle

If you've been scrapping for a little while, you've most likely picked up a few skills along the way, and/or established a particular style that you like.  If you're like me, you look back on your early layouts and cringe a little, knowing you could do those photos more justice if you scrapped them with the skills you have now.

This week, you get a redo - go back to your earliest layouts, find one you'd like to re-scrap, then go for it!  Once your layout is complete, post it in the Tuesday Newsletter Challenge Gallery, then come back to this thread and leave a link to your layout.  If you'd like, post a thumbnail of your earlier layout for comparison, and tell us what you changed, or what you've learned since you scrapped the first version, or if it's a layout you posted here at SG, put the link to your earlier version here in this thread along with the link to your new and improved version.  I'd love to see the difference between the old and new layouts!

5 hours ago, Belle said:

How do I go about finding the oldest layouts? Is there a more direct way than paging through all the layouts?

Just click on your Profile pic, then click on see my activity button in the upper right of your screen. Then click on Images under Gallery on the left side of your screen, then go to the last page and work your way back. Since I lost all my work I downloaded everyone of my "images" of my LO's to work on redoing all that I can eventually.

19 minutes ago, Pab said:

Just click on your Profile pic, then click on see my activity button in the upper right of your screen. Then click on Images under Gallery on the left side of your screen, then go to the last page and work your way back. Since I lost all my work I downloaded everyone of my "images" of my LO's to work on redoing all that I can eventually.

Thank You. Found it. I found the very first comment that I left on a layout. 

57 minutes ago, Belle said:

Thank You. Found it. I found the very first comment that I left on a layout. 

Belle, when I first joined ScrapGirls, one of the reasons I felt so welcomed was all the lovely comments you left on my pages.   You inspired me!   :bighug:

8 hours ago, Pab said:

After all these years I did not know this!!! This is so exciting to be able to see all layouts in one place and not have to hop from gallery to gallery to find them! This made my day!

2 minutes ago, mimes1 said:

After all these years I did not know this!!! This is so exciting to be able to see all layouts in one place and not have to hop from gallery to gallery to find them! This made my day!

I was desperate to find a way to at least download the thumbnails to have something to see of a lot of my work that I had lost. I am rather enjoying redoing them one by one as I have learned so much more over the years. 

You guys are doing great, I absolutely love seeing the changes between the old and new layouts.  It's really interesting to see how everyone has improved and/or changed in their scrapping styles!  And I'm off to try to get my own done, finally found a little time to sit and scrap.

Replacing a layout from Feb 2011. It's the oldest I could find that I still had photos on. I lost a lot in my first hard drive crash. I am relatively new girl around here. My first layout here was in May. Not much changed in scrapbook skills since then, LOL.

I created a page that has both layouts on it as a comparison of my SB skills. 

Snowpocalypse, 2011 revamped in 2021.

Thankyou @Mikelle for this great challenge.  I have included the image of my old layout in the gallery with my new one : babys got blue eyes

As I have mentioned in the gallery my old page was created during the second month I had been doing digital scrapbooking.  I think I have improved a little over the years.