Weekend Wildcard - Aug. 28, 2021

Celestine

This weekend I want you to walk around your home and take some photographs, close-ups or not, of everyday items that can serve as texture to add to your layout. Incorporate these image(s) into your layout as a background paper, or clip them to a mask, overlay or even fill them in a spatter or paint. The texture photo(s) should not be the main subject of your layout, so think about how your new texture(s) will complement your primary photograph. Let's see how creative you can be with turning ho-hum household paraphernalia into art. 

When you are finished, load your layout in the Weekend Wildcard Gallery and link your image by posting a comment in the thread below. When you add your post, please tell us how you incorporated your texture and what household item was used. I am hoping some new "textures" will be hard to identify, yet look totally cool. Surprise us! 

Here is one from me. The textures I used were a backlit linen lampshade as an overlay and the fringe on a throw pillow as a mask.

Since I was having so much fun and couldn't decide which textures to use, I did a second layout. The background paper templates are filled with a closeup of an old, Depression era porcelain table top sitting in my kitchen and a small mask showing a lamp shade base is under the frame.

Here is my page. Background is chart I decoupaged on wood with fish net hanging on it blended with AFT_overlay. Other blended photo is block and tackle from a vintage boat, I made the mask and blended it.  (Oh how I miss this life)