Pet Eye

KTB

I think I recall that April @April Showers shared a tip once that I copied onto a document because it was so cool.   
This is what I saved, not sure it will help you in Procreate.   I'm not entirely sure how to do this, but here goes -

"CAT RED EYES

Just thought I'd share this as a quick fix for that "Kittens of the Dammed" flash in the eye look that was a topic here a while back. I'm taking a Photoshop class from a guy who is a cat lover and this is how he does it. He selects the eye with the elliptical tool and then desaturates it (I think there is a specific desaturate command in PS--since I'm using PSE, I used the Saturation slider). Then he uses the brightness slider to darken the area. Kind of cool."

April, I'm thinking maybe it wasn't you as I'm remembering you use PS, not PSE?  
Anyone have any idea of who to give credit to?

8 hours ago, KTB said:

Thanks SO much, Marilyn!!! I don't know how many bright eyes photos of my kitty I saw today which I have on an external hard drive. Only now I can't find any. LOL!. I'll let you know how it goes!

Haha, I hate when that happens!  I hope it works, it's so funny, half of the time I can't remember my name ? but not only did I remember I had something about eyes but I found it, that's the real amazement!   Yes, please let me know if it works;  it's frustrating when there's a shiny eye.  Good luck finding the pics!

Found some of the photos- my boy Junior Kitty had pet eye pretty often. But that didn't happen with my other kitties.

What does the elliptical tool look like? Don't know about the saturation tool either. I looked for the former in PSE.

I don't have Photoshop.

I am going to quiz you next week about your name. 

A creepy neighbor had a tattoo of his name and his social security number. He should have either done it mirror style or upside down so he could read it!

Hi again KTB, I'm working in PSE 2020.   I don't use the elliptical tool but I'm sure we can figure it out, what I understand is you need to select the eye which you'd do  with the elliptical tool. There are probably other ways to select also that would work.
For desaturating, once you select the eye with the elliptical tool, go to the menu across the top of PSE (I never know the names for these things) and choose:
Enhance>Adjust Color>Adjust Hue/saturation.    Then you slide the saturation slider (middle one in my PSE) all the way to the left to desaturate the eye.
There are other ways to desaturate, not sure if they would all work the same for this purpose.
There is also a brightness slider right under the saturation one, not sure if that's what's meant or if it's the brightness control under Enhance>Adjust lighting Brightness/Contrast.   
You're right, my name is Marilyn!   My ScrapGirls' screen name is MariJ.  
Ok, off to see what I can find out.

Oh my goodness, I'm laughing because I use the elliptical marquee tool all the time!  Actually I use the rectangular marquee tool mostly which makes a rectangular selection,  but the other option is the elliptical which makes an oval or round selection.

Mine is up top left of the vertical tool bar in PSE.   The rectangular marquee is the dotted square, you can see mine is selected.
If I "Option/click" on the rectangular marquee tool on my Mac it switches to the oval which is the elliptical marquee tool.  
Or, you can click on "Tool Options" - see it at the bottom of my screen shot?  That will let you select the elliptical/oval.    You click on the layout near the eye and drag it out to make dotted lines around the eye.   You probably should zoom way in to the eye since it will be tiny.  If you play with it, you'll see the different oval shapes you can make.   To make a perfect circle, hold the option key (on a Mac) when you drag out and it will be a circle.

I think if you click outside the selection it will end it.  Or you can press "esc" on your computer to start again.   I hope I'm making sense, I know how to do it but don't always know the correct terms or how to explain!

1827491434_ScreenShot2021-09-17at3_56_57PM.thumb.png.326450e7c0e7cdc94e4c1aed749224e9.png   

Thanks, Marilyn! I'm getting there. I'm getting there. I have done the desaturation. (I feel so bad for my kitty but it is just a photo! LOL!.)

Well, I learned why the critters get flashing eyes... from the camera's flash. Makes sense.

I have been taking a Apple Photos course from MacSparky from MacPowerUsers group. And he says not to bother using the flash at all or on rare occasions.

Have you ever used Pixelmator Pro? I was going to buy it. I have a free trial right now. I got an Apple gift card from a very generous friend for my birthday. The software is $40 and the Machine Learning is not very good at all. That should straighten out stuff like exposure, at least to some extent. It does NOTHING!

I love photography, always have and I have a plethora of photo apps, almost all for my iPad.

What kind of Mac do you have? I just bought a MacBook Air M1 and I LOVE it! It holds a charge forever! I haven't had a regular computer for almost a decade but it is coming back to me.

Oh funny, I also taught, Pre-K and Kindergarten which is why sometimes I fear I explain too much!
I haven't heard of Pixelmator Pro, I'm not up on that kind of stuff. ?  I love photography also.  I used to take wonderful photos with an original High-School gift Minolta SLR with FILM, then great pics with a few Canon point and shoots.  When the last one went a few years ago, I decided to use gift money and get a "better" camera and haven't been happy since.   I finally got a smart phone almost a year ago and use that, but am not all all happy with the photos.  :(  

I also have a MacBook Air M1 (rose gold!) and love it too.  I was coming from a MacBook Pro and before that a White MacBook.  I've never had an actual computer, only laptops so I really don't know how to use a mouse.   I love the Macs, but Apple products are SOoooo expensive as you know.  My Pro ran out of space and wasn't working well mostly due to too many photographs and Scrapping materials.   Last Fall I was gifted $ from friend's parents who'd died and since my Pro was just 4 years old was able to trade it in for $400, plus some Black Friday sales.   I can't believe how long the battery lasts, either.   I rarely remember to close down the laptop since I"m always in the middle of things and the charge seems to last forever.

Well, I guess you didn't need to know all that, but that's my Mac/Apple story.  :) 

By explaining things, it certainly serves to reinforce what you already know! Great way to learn something actually. I started out in Head Start. I really wanted to teach kindergarten when I went into teaching. My kindergarten teacher was phenomenal. But the only time I taught that level was during summer school. I had a couple of twins in my class- a boy and a girl. The lil guy was pretty wild. He didn't know what planet he was on. Thankfully I had an older sister who came and helped me every day. She was far better than the aide I had assigned to me! After Head Start, I started with third grade and spent the bulk of my career teaching that level. I loved it!

I have the same laptop, Marilyn!!! Same color and everything. 

I got an external hard drive going tonight from about 10 years ago. All sorts of old Scrapgirls stuff on it. I thought I was in Hog Heaven. I love how you cannot use it up or waste the files. You can use them over and over. I found I am far better at doing scrapping digitally and it comes out less expensive although I am typically on the prowl here looking for the fantastic sales. (I'd love to get a 12 by 12 printer! Would that be cool or what?)

I'd especially love to get one of those fancy iPhones with the three lenses! But for that kind of $ I can get a phenomenal digital camera. Last I checked my 35 mm camera was going strong. I bought it for a George Harrison concert. I didn't know how to use the camera so I shot a LOT of film. I got one terrific shot and hung on to the not-so-hot prints, figuring maybe someday we'd be able to fix them up. That day is here!

I bought the laptop instead of the fancy iPhone and was kind of disappointed that it doesn't include a camera except to take those selfies. LOL! I guess I sort of assumed it would have a terrific camera. But I'll just use my iPhone which takes some good shots.

I worked a few years ago as a Foster Grandparent in a kindergarten class. Phenomenal teacher, really, but I think kindergarten is time for coloring, painting, singing, dancing, cutting and not for drumming Reading into their heads. If the kids are ready for Reading that is wonderful but they are doing Phonics where I am at (outside of Chicago). My friend's son is learning typing and he doesn't even know how to print! Crazy!!!

Where are you from?

Well, I'm going to go see if I can go shopping. ?

Oh I am glad I bought PSE although I went half crazy trying to get it set up from the tech support people who were more than a lil confused. PSE opened up a lot of my files tonight. I am so glad I got the trial of Pixelmator Pro because it is not worth that sort of money they are charging.

See ya!