** WINNER PICKED ** AFT Designs - November 2021 Challenge

AmandaFace

Here where I live in KY, the leaves are definitely changing and it's my favorite time. Fall. Looking at all the pretty leaves reminds me of all the great foliage we have available to us in scrapping kits.

The Challenge

This month I challenge you to create a layout that features leaves / foliage. This doesn't necessarily need to be fall themed, just use pretty leaves and foliage in your stash as embellishments.

How

The challenge will run from November 1st - November 30th. Create a layout leaves / foliage post it in the gallery, and then share it here with us in this thread as well. (There isn’t a specific place in the gallery you need to post, your personal gallery is fine.)

I ask that the layout utilize at least 30-50% of items from my store. (Don’t overthink that 

percentage, just make sure some of  my items are used pretty please) 

Prize

A $5 coupon - which is good for anything in my store.

And please share! When you post, feel free to tell us about your creative process or something about your layout.

AFT_FallSafari_Coll-digital-scrapbooking

AFT-treasure-digital-scrapbooking-printa  AFT_Elysian-embellishment-greenery-leave

AFT_Found-Foliage-Fall-Cluster-digital-s

AFT_opulent-digital-scrapbook-fall-kit-s  AFT_Opulent-digital-scrapbook-layoutidea

On 11/4/2021 at 1:02 PM, AmandaFace said:

I also wanted to let everyone know this will be the last challenge for 2021 (hard to believe). I'll be back next year with challenges done slightly differently, but more added prizes etc, so look for that to come :)

Oh my goodness, it's amazing to think the year has almost passed.  I'm glad to hear there will be more challenges next year!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's mine:
Leaf

For once I DO have a "creative process" story.    I was combining this challenge with the "tiny photo" one and small and minimal is just not my thing.   I made the photo small but didn't like how any of the backgrounds I chose looked, so I turned one I really liked into BW to match with the asphalt of my pic, then reduced the opacity a tiny bit to show a bit of the color of another paper underneath!   I clipped a paper to the AFT Antique Edgers paper, but it was too outstanding so I reduced opacity there, too.     It's all so unlike my usual, I wasn't too sure I even liked it, but it's growing on me.   Thanks for the challenge, Amanda!  

On 11/22/2021 at 7:24 AM, MariJ said:

Here's mine:
Leaf

For once I DO have a "creative process" story.    I was combining this challenge with the "tiny photo" one and small and minimal is just not my thing.   I made the photo small but didn't like how any of the backgrounds I chose looked, so I turned one I really liked into BW to match with the asphalt of my pic, then reduced the opacity a tiny bit to show a bit of the color of another paper underneath!   I clipped a paper to the AFT Antique Edgers paper, but it was too outstanding so I reduced opacity there, too.     It's all so unlike my usual, I wasn't too sure I even liked it, but it's growing on me.   Thanks for the challenge, Amanda!  

Thanks for sharing! I actually do that myself too sometimes when I find the background a little overwhelming. :)

• AmandaFace changed the title to ** WINNER PICKED ** AFT Designs - November 2021 Challenge
  • AmandaFace unpinned this topic