Scrap Girls World Tour 2021

ValerieT

World Tour 2021 Button.png
Welcome to the
Scrap Girls World Tour
? ? ? ? ?

Welcome to this year's World Tour. Join us as we travel the world aboard the Scrap Girls Express, a magical steam  train that can travel anywhere.

Complete layouts to gain stamps in the passport. Each stamp is worth one entry in the prize draw. At the end of the tour, we will do a random draw, and you could win one of three $5 Gift Certificates to use in the Scrap Girls Shop. 

Each time we stop at a new location we will give you some inspiration for you to create a layout. The inspiration will usually be in bold italics. You may also be given a task to complete. Check each day's itinerary to see what you need to do.
  • You are free to interpret each location’s inspiration in any way you wish.
  • There are no daily time limits, even if the post says today, tomorrow or any date.
  • Do not post your finished layout until we tell you to, just in case something un-expected happens. That should probably be "something un-expected WILL happen".
  • You do not have to complete a layout for every location, unless you wish to.
  • You can combine inspirations; however, you can only receive one stamp in the passport for each layout.
  • You have until 11:59pm (ET) on Tuesday 30th November 2021 to post your layouts. Any layouts or tasks posted after this time will not earn a stamp on the passport.

Please be aware the passport will not be updated everyday, I aim to update it at least once a week. I will let you know in the game thread when it has been updated. If you think you are missing a stamp please feel free to send me (ValerieT) a PM.

This year's image for your signature can be found here WorldTour202.png (201×225) (scrapgirls.com)
If you need help adding it to your signature please ask

1st November

Time to check in.

Head over to the ticket office and sign in. You will be assigned a cabin of your choice. Remember we are not aboard a ship this year, so you can't have a pool side cabin, sorry.

Create a layout featuring your name somewhere. It doesn't have to be in the title, it could just be in the journalling or a label for a photo.

I might travel along with you all but possibly will not participate much as I have a long list of things to do around the house this month with December not far away. 

I might travel as someone's companion... who needs help carrying their luggage or serving them their meals as we travel? 

2nd November

Before we set off for our first destination we have planned a masquerade party in the bar and restaurant carriages. Can I trust you all to behave? (unlikely) Fortunately we are still in the station so no one should get hurt if they fall (or are pushed) out of the train.

Tell us, in this thread, what your favourite drink and party food is.

Well, I AM disappointed that there is no pool, are you sure there isn't a pool car?   ?   Has anyone checked that out?
I'd like to come along, but not sure how if I can create many layouts.   

@A-M that's a good idea.   Or, maybe we can be stowaways.  Oops, I guess I shouldn't advertise that.   ?

How was everyone's first night?   I spent it sleeping in an empty cabin, I hope it didn't belong to anyone?

I'm going to join in this trip! I haven't been on a train in years.

My favorite drink in my 20's was a screwdriver. But in my old age, I prefer diet Dr. Pepper or Diet Pepsi. And party food? Stuffed mushrooms, spinach dip and chips, and chicken wings (mild) for me! I'm boring, I know!

My favorite drink is probably water, since that's what I pick to go with meals. But I have to have coffee, too, in the morning! :D And since I noticed a bar car on this train I think I'll have a prosecco before dinner. And party food? I don't think I've met a party food I didn't like, LOL. But my favorite is probably spinach/artichoke dip and veggies or chips.... or maybe little mini pizzas. 

Oh, by the way, I met some of you in the bar car, too. Hi there!! :waving-hi:

On 11/1/2021 at 6:42 AM, ValerieT said:

1st November

Time to check in.

Head over to the ticket office and sign in. You will be assigned a cabin of your choice. Remember we are not aboard a ship this year, so you can't have a pool side cabin, sorry.

Create a layout featuring your name somewhere. It doesn't have to be in the title, it could just be in the journalling or a label for a photo.

Should we post our layout... or wait?

2 hours ago, Florida granny said:

My favorite drink is probably water, since that's what I pick to go with meals. But I have to have coffee, too, in the morning! :D And since I noticed a bar car on this train I think I'll have a prosecco before dinner. And party food? I don't think I've met a party food I didn't like, LOL. But my favorite is probably spinach/artichoke dip and veggies or chips.... or maybe little mini pizzas. 

Oh, by the way, I met some of you in the bar car, too. Hi there!! :waving-hi:

Hi Diane! So good to see you!!  :dancing-smilie:

2 hours ago, scrapgarden said:

My favorite drink is coffee with water a close second. A sip of alcohol and I go catatonic. So please ladies don't tempt me! My favorite snacks are chips and avocado dip.

Hi Lynn!  Fortunately, when I was checking out the menu in the bar car, I saw that they serve all kinds of juice and soft drinks, too. Plus water, of course. So we can still have "happy hour" with our favorite drinks. See you there, later.  :) 

My favorite drink is unsweetened ice tea, freshly brewed, not from a mix.   I mean REAL ice tea not the alcoholic one.   Really, seriously.   If you give me a drink you will all find me asleep someplace!  ????  Of course that makes me very useful as a "designated driver".   I'm still up for lots of fun, though.

My favorite party food is pizza, I love pizza any way, shape or form - but no pepperoni please.    For party snacks I like pretzels and peanuts and cheese - I love cheese... Pretty boring, huh?