Scrap Girls World Tour 2021

ValerieT

34 minutes ago, belis2mi said:

I am going to try this although I am not entirely sure what I am doing but hopefully I will post things in the right places. It sounds like fun.

Yay, glad you're going to join us!  Be sure to ask here for help, if you have trouble with anything. Someone is usually hanging around that will answer soon.  Can't wait to see your layouts!

We have been camping and don't have internet here so when I use my hot spot this morning I find this fun event started....I will catch up later. It's a rainy day but we have to pick up to move to another lock so once set up I will try to get caught up.

I did see @MariJ with a hose trying to fill up a car with water to try to make a pool I think I saw @Florida granny trying to stop her so she wont get kicked off the train. Trouble starts already...yikes

1 hour ago, Boatlady said:

I did see @MariJ with a hose trying to fill up a car with water to try to make a pool I think I saw @Florida granny trying to stop her so she wont get kicked off the train. Trouble starts already...yikes

Oh my SHHhhhhhh..   Debby!  It didn't work, I have to think of another idea.  ?  I still maintain there MUST be a pool somewhere on this train!  

I hope you can join some fun, we miss you.   ? 

5 hours ago, belis2mi said:

This is my layout for November 3 - Travel. I think I have done what I was supposed to for posting it but if someone could let me know if I have missed anything, that would be nice.

Breakfast at Versailles

Hi Belis! So glad you are joining us. You are in the right place!  MariJ is trying to find a pool on our train (I think she misses the boat World Tour from last year, LOL) and all of us are just wandering around finding each other and having a good time. If you start at the beginning, you'll see tasks or layouts for each day. Meanwhile, just hang out, sip your favorite drink, and plan some mischief... er... I mean behave. :D 

1 hour ago, Boatlady said:

We have been camping and don't have internet here so when I use my hot spot this morning I find this fun event started....I will catch up later. It's a rainy day but we have to pick up to move to another lock so once set up I will try to get caught up.

Hi Debby!

Yes, join us when you can. We miss you! Whew, that was a close call with MariJ filling up one of the cars to make a pool. On the other hand, it actually sounds like it could be fun. :D 

Thanks @MariJ at least we have a wading pool and it's handy, right next to the bar, @Jane in N.Z is there having wine so I will join her and I think there will be a few more people that stop in. There is a great charcuterie board one of my favorite things because there are so many choices.

Here is my Name page.

This is my Travel page.

47 minutes ago, Boatlady said:

Thanks @MariJ at least we have a wading pool and it's handy, right next to the bar, @Jane in N.Z is there having wine so I will join her and I think there will be a few more people that stop in. There is a great charcuterie board one of my favorite things because there are so many choices.

That sounds great, Debby and I hope they have hot pretzel sticks and some cheese?   That's one of my favorite snacks.  I can't believe you caught up so quickly and your layouts are lovely.

On 11/4/2021 at 6:50 AM, ValerieT said:

I am handing over to Laura for the next few days. My other half is taking me to London for a long weekend for our 25th wedding anniversary.

See you all on Tuesday, do try and behave!

Happy Anniversary.  Enjoy your London stay. I think getting this group to behave is a lost cause.

Happy Anniversary Valerie :) 
@belis2mi good to have you join us it will be lots of fun :)
 @MariJ
 I know you like the pool but filling a car with water :rofl:I did see a huge plastic bag in the end carriage and I think Laura must have made it into a pool and relaxing to much as she hasn't posted todays task ?
@Boatlady glad to have company in the bar as I think the others are still looking for that pool :) 

I have just found this. I’ll try to join in with the fun. My favourite drink is Bundaberg brewed Ginger Beer and I like to have that with rice crackers and dip (preferably sour cream & chives).

I’ll get cracking on my layouts tomorrow as I am watching the Super car Sprints tonight.

Hi Laraine, I'm so glad you are joining us.   :waving-hi: We'll have to sit together and catch up!

I don't know why everyone is blaming ME for bags of water, I've been sitting here reading my book.  ?   
Do you believe that one?  ?

Happy Anniversary, Valerie.  

(Hey guys with Valerie away, we can have LOADS of fun!  :partytime2:

PS to all.   Anne Marie posted on the Forum that she hasn't received notifications and I haven't either - along with a lot of other ScrapGirls.    This is specifically the "@MariJ ones.   So, if I don't answer, that's why!
I'm assuming this is looking to be true for most of us.

I'll try - @Jane in N.Z -- did you get a notification for this?

Off to find some fun!

@MariJ is going to be a trouble maker while  Val is away.By the way I never get notification, is that what that is supposed to do? @belis2mi is being so quiet I hope she doesn't get scared away from the antics that happen on the World Tours. I heard the bar will be serving everyone's favorite snack and drink at 5:00 today. I hope to see you all there. @scrapgran I look forward to seeing your pages. @Pab we are all wondering what to do I think we will find out what to do today.

5th  November
Sorry for the delay, folks. I was too busy hijacking the train! @ValerieT is one tough cookie and put up a fight. No worries, though. We are holding her hostage in a land far, far away. The ransom I ask is beautiful layouts! 

So, we have booked you in for a night of live music at The Ship Anson, a traditional English Pub. Please, no dancing on the tables! We don't want to get kicked out! 

Tell us in this thread "what is your favorite genre of music is. 

Post your boat/ship layout in the Hodge Podge gallery when you are finished. 

6th  November
Today our journey takes us to Copenhagen, Denmark. Make sure you take a look at The Little Mermaid statue, based on the fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen. The bronze statue was commissioned in 1909 and unveiled in 1913. It is just over 4 foot tall and weight 385 lb. 
littlemermaid.jpeg.251adde412068445ed46e3b93a7491b2.jpeg.8ecf258cc87e2ff6dd20056d95ce0583.jpeg

Start a new layout with "story" as your inspiration. 

Here is my boat page....I bet you all expected to see pics of our boat....nope.

My favorite music is 70's, 80's,90's Rock n' Roll but Rod Stewart is my all time favorite, Billy Joel and Neil Diamond but there are may more that I like.

I need to spend some time in my car and get some scrapping done. I think my mojo got left at the station!

I am an 80's music fan at heart, but I do like classic rock, plus pop music. The girls influence my choices A LOT! My all time favorite band is Bad Company, the first concert I ever went to!

I have two genre favorites, at opposite ends of the spectrum. Classical, especially opera, and old fashion 'cowboy' music from the 20s to the 50s. Lucia by Donizetti has been my favorite opera since I was about 8 and Hank Thompson since the late 40s. I'm stuck in the past, good thing I can bring my own music on a 'stick?'