Scrap Girls World Tour 2021

ValerieT

15th November
We have thankfully left all that sand behind (although we will probably still be finding some for days yet). We have travelled over night to Uttarakhand, India and the Valley of Flowers National Park.
R (2).jpeg
This area is known for it's unique alpine flowers, which are only found in the National park. It is also home to many rare and endangered animals, including the Asiatic black bear, snow leopard, musk deer, brown bear, red fox and blue sheep.

You have a choice for today's layout pick one of the following inspirations;
  • flowers
  • animals

4 hours ago, ValerieT said:
15th November
We have thankfully left all that sand behind (although we will probably still be finding some for days yet). We have travelled over night to Uttarakhand, India and the Valley of Flowers National Park.
R (2).jpeg
This area is known for it's unique alpine flowers, which are only found in the National park. It is also home to many rare and endangered animals, including the Asiatic black bear, snow leopard, musk deer, brown bear, red fox and blue sheep.

You have a choice for today's layout pick one of the following inspirations;
  • flowers
  • animals

Do we post the LO today or are we going to be adding to it?

1 hour ago, Laura said:

Oh, the flowers are lovely! I can't wait to run through them (anyone have any Benadryl? lol)

OOoohhh...    Even if I'm sneezing, don't give me Benadryl or I will fall down in the flowers just like Dorothy, Toto, the Scarecrow and the Lion did!  ?  ?

Marilyn , love waffles, I'll be there soon, save me a place. That looks like a gorgeous place to hike. Hope it will be a long one. If we're lucky maybe we will see a snow leopard. Wouldn't that be something! Will bring an assortment of antihistamines and asthma inhalers on the tour. And lots of Kleenex!!!

16th November
As we head off to our new destination we have a troupe of Bollywood dancers for you all to enjoy in the bar carriage.

:dancingelephant: :dancingcow: There's been a lot of dancing lately, who'd of thought this trip would also help keep you fit. ?️‍♀️?️‍♂️

In honour of the beautiful colours of their clothes, make sure your layout has something brightly coloured on it. It's up to you to decide what "brightly coloured" means. Post your layout in the Hodge Podge Gallery when you are finished.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, scrapgarden said:

Marilyn , love waffles, I'll be there soon, save me a place. That looks like a gorgeous place to hike. Hope it will be a long one. If we're lucky maybe we will see a snow leopard. Wouldn't that be something! Will bring an assortment of antihistamines and asthma inhalers on the tour. And lots of Kleenex!!!

Those waffles were delicious, weren't they?   I wonder what today's special is.   I'm there saving a table for whomever wants to join me for breakfast!

Whew! Between dancing and trekking through the flowers (Thanks for the antihistamines, Lynne!) I definitely need desert tonight!  On last year's cruise we had a desert table. I wonder if the train will have something fancy for us. See everyone later!

Here's my flower layout. I think the bougainvillea are pretty bright but I added a couple of other bright flowers, too. :) 

Phew I'm back! I was mistakenly bundled off the train with the belly dancers at the end of their show on Saturday night and the train left without me. I grabbed a passing camel but as they don't move as fast as the train, it's taken me a while to catch up. Anyway, here I am, a bit dusty and a bit flustered.  I'm off for a shower and a stiff drink before I dare to be seen in public!

2 hours ago, englishrose said:

Phew I'm back! I was mistakenly bundled off the train with the belly dancers at the end of their show on Saturday night and the train left without me. I grabbed a passing camel but as they don't move as fast as the train, it's taken me a while to catch up. Anyway, here I am, a bit dusty and a bit flustered.  I'm off for a shower and a stiff drink before I dare to be seen in public!

Was that you dancing with them Hilary I was wondering where you were:) 
I'll join you in the bar.....just to make sure you only have one stiff drink after that ordeal as we don't want you getting up to more mischief :)  

Oh my goodness Hilary, you have had quite the adventure!  ? I wondered where you were, wow - that's a lot of amazing experiences!    Once you get yourself sorted, maybe we all should meet in the Dessert car Diane was looking for.  I'm sure there must be one here.

We must keep an eye on you, don't want Valerie to get cross!  ?

(PS I must add your plight had me giggling out loud!)

I got off the trail and didn't get down the mountain before the train left without me! It's going to take me some days to find my way back to where I can jump on the train again. I figure I should be on board again on Friday. Now don't anybody else lose the train, me and Hilary are quite enough. Try and behave while I find my way back, ya hear!!!

17th November
Over night we have headed north into Nepal. We are off to see the Shanti Stupa in Polhara. This peace temple is dedicated to global friendship. It sits on a hill top overlooking the Annapurna Mountain range, which is reflected in Lake Phewa Tal below. Should be a nice peaceful day for a change (don't spoil it).
OIP (1).jpeg

Start a new layout with peace/calm as your inspiration.
  • Like 1

@englishrose did you like that camel ride? it must have been a nice view from up there.

Lynne I was wondering where you were.

There is so much happening I hope it doesn't make the train stop to drop us all off for misbehaving. I think I am going to climb up on top of the cars so they cannot find me when they kick all the trouble makers off. I see it on TV all the time and it looks so easy I just hope there is no low tunnel.  Anyone want to join me it should be a good view so bring your camera.

Be careful @Boatlady Debby!   I think we should tie a rope to you just in case.   I get a bit dizzy when things are moving and I'm high so I'll volunteer to hold onto the rope.    
Oh my, this does look like such a peaceful place, I think we need a serene and quiet day.

(Do you think maybe they have a pool out there? :giggle_bear:)

Thanks Marilyn I would appreciate you holding the safety rope. I was hoping you found the pool but I guess you didn't. When I am up there walking around I will look for it and let you know where it is. I wonder if there will be a pool boy.?