Scrap Girls World Tour 2021

ValerieT

22nd November
Don't panic if it still seems a bit dark outside your windows. We have arrived in Taroko Gorge in Taiwan.

If music is liquid architecture and architecture is frozen music, as Johann Wolfgang von Goethe said, then Taroko Gorge is both architecture and music.
gorge.jpg
Our driver has slowed our speed to a crawl so we can fully enjoy this 19km long gorge. Created by the Liwu River the gorge is a treasure chest of marbles, schists and gneissic rocks, the colour scheme includes creamy whites, dark greys, light browns plus soft shades of silver and gold.

Start a new layout with stone as your inspiration.

20 hours ago, Belle said:

Not me either. I dance with a bikini on. ?

Well I was not there to dance I was camping at a big event so it must have been someone else. Besides I cannot dance with my new hip yet got to let it finish healing. I'm back now so I am going to get up on top and go looking for that pool so Marilyn hold on to the rope please.

13 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

Wow, look at that gorge! @Boatlady and @MariJ :  Maybe you ladies riding the top of the train (hold on!!!) could grab us a few rocks as souvenirs  um... for scientific study purposes. 

Oh NOooooo...  I am NOT riding on top, I am riding below holding onto the rope that is attached to Debby.   It's a bit scary, I don't know how she does it but I'm trying to keep her safe.

27 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Oh NOooooo...  I am NOT riding on top, I am riding below holding onto the rope that is attached to Debby.   It's a bit scary, I don't know how she does it but I'm trying to keep her safe.

Whew! I was worried about you two, but am glad to hear you are safely below. :)  I'm back again to say Debby is sure to stay safe with you holding on, but if you need help, I'll hold her, too, or any of us will. Right now I can hold on with one hand while I finish my pancakes with the other. I'm sure that will be OK. ?

Oh Girls the view from up here is AMAZING. About 3 cars up I think I saw some water splashing out as we rounded the corner. Right now I am taking photos so when I am done I will head up there to check it out.

Thanks for all the help Marilyn and Diane.

23rd November
Before we leave Taiwan we will be learning to cook Xiao Long Bao and noodles during a visit to the traditional Changchun market.  We will be shopping and cooking with the locals, should be fun.

Once we have all finished shopping and eating go ahead and post your stone layout in the Hodge Podge Gallery.

I got off the train cars just in time...we went through a low tunnel. Here is the page I made when I went to my cabin to change clothes for dinner.

I am so glad we had that cooking class because we got to eat our own samples for our lunch too, it was so good, the broth was delicious.  I will hit the stores now for a few presents for my grandchildren.

good new Marilyn, I think I found the pool -right ahead about 2 cars there was water and some sand too. Lets go through on the inside to see what we can find.

24th November
As we cross the vast expanse of the Pacific, we are going to make a stop (just for Marilyn) in the Marshall Islands. Although the islands have a dark past we are here for the atolls. We will be stopping at Kwajalein, the largest coral atoll in the world. It has a land area of only six square miles but surrounds a 655 square mile lagoon. Did you know the Marshall Islands has the largest portion of its territory made of water of any sovereign state (97.87%).
shutterstock-1393520135.jpg

Let's all take some time to relax, enjoy the beach and water (not to mention the waiters) before we head to the west coast of America.
Start a new layout with water as your inspiration.

25th November
Who's up for some water sports? You can pick from wind surfing, water skiing, snorkelling or scuba diving. There is also a couple of boats available for those who would just like to continue relaxing.

Make sure there is something blue on your water layout. Post your layout in the Hodge Podge Gallery when you are finished.

Water sports?  Yay, I'm in, each of those choices sound enticing.   I've always wanted to water ski, but I heard it's really hard.  But, I've also always wanted to snorkel and be one with the sea underneath so I think I'll pick that.   What's everyone else choosing?
I'm off to find breakfast before digging out my swim stuff.    Anyone check out the pool yet, I didn't have time yesterday.  Hope it's still there.

Happy Thanksgiving to all ScrapGirls.    Even if you don't celebrate, I am very grateful for our ScrapGirl community and friends.   Stay safe today everyone.   ?

Oh Valerie, thank you for taking us to the ocean. I want to go scuba diving again, it reminded me of one of our scuba vacations so that is what I made my page with. Here is our first dive trip in 1999, I didn't have an underwater camera so all the pic are above water.

Yup I found the pool so after everyone is done swimming in the ocean we can dip in the pool and sit in the sand on the train. Thank you for all the the help Marilyn and Diane.

Oh, I'm so glad our tour took us to this beautiful water! I think I'll watch all of you scuba or water ski --- I'm going to relax with a tall drink and dip my toes later.  I'm so glad Debby finally found the pool on the train, though I don't think we were supposed to divert some of the steam to heat it. :D Oh well, the water feels nice and warm.

Here's my water layout. The button is blue though it looks kinda blue-green on the page.

Oh dear. I'm not making any headway. I keep missing the train! Once I saw it disappearing into the distance. Will keep trudging on. Still have hopes of catching up. Hope you haven't splashed all the water out of that pool. I will need to sit in it and relax my tired muscles. I have found a family who invited me in for a Thanksgiving dinner. Hope you all have a good dinner where ever you you are.

26th November
498555-stormy-ocean-wallpaper-1920x1200-4k.jpg
Wow! That was a rather rough crossing, was a little worried for a bit.

Anyway, we have arrived safely in the city of Los Angeles. Did you know the first film to be made entirely in Hollywood was a short called In Old California in 1910. The first movie studio opened in 1911.
OIP (2).jpeg

Start a new layout using a movie quote somewhere on it.

I think I saw Clint Eastwood heading to the dining car I think I will try to see him up close, "Do I feel lucky?" Maybe he will ask me to join him. After being at the ocean I hope lobster is on the menu, clams or mussels would be fine too. I am a little hungry after spending all that time on the cars but I am glad I found the pool, is anyone interested in an evening swim after dinner?