Storing kits

I'm assuming you have a Mac since you mentioned iPhoto?   I used the Documents folder in Finder.

I opened a new folder called "Scrapbook" and in that are individual folders with my purchases - as many as I can fit and see at the same time.   Right now I am on "Scrapbook 123"!    In each folder I put the folders of collections, lined up.  Normally there are 16-20 in each Scrapbook numbered folder.    I also store things I'm working on or whatever else is applicable in the "Scrapbook" larger folder.    

I don't know if that makes sense but it works for me!

I think they're doing away with Picasa and switching to Google Photos so you might check that out.  I'm a PC girl, too and thinking of going back to Picasa when I found the info and wonder if they'll set it up in a similar way.  One tip for PC is that you can search from your search bar in your computer and it will search whatever you type in.  Good luck with the Mac side! 

41 minutes ago, SkyMom said:

I think they're doing away with Picasa and switching to Google Photos so you might check that out.  I'm a PC girl, too and thinking of going back to Picasa when I found the info and wonder if they'll set it up in a similar way.  One tip for PC is that you can search from your search bar in your computer and it will search whatever you type in.  Good luck with the Mac side! 

Mac also has a search box in "Finder" and luckily as long as it's tagged most anything can be easily found!
You can also hit "Command Shift" at the same time and a Spotlight bar comes up to search for anything on your computer.    It also will give you links for web pages!  

I so very much appreciate all of you!! I had been taking a break from scrapping for a bit...I had something strange happen...photos I knew I put files in there...nothing showed up when I hit the icon. I used the search as mentioned above and searched kits and would you beleive it opened? I thought I was losing my mind. Not only did I want to store my kits where I could see them easaly I wanted to have outside storage. Right now I'm using dropbox....I've been told I should get another external. Dropbox is expensive!! Also I storee alot of files on Amazon photos. Free service if you are a prime member. I kind of like photos but the Amazon is free.