Help please!

You can organize files in Drop Box the same way you organize files on your computer. While I don't keep my supplies there, I do have things I need to access from more than one computer saved there. I tend to put all the parts of a collection into a single folder so that I can look at all the pieces with only opening one folder. The folder has the designer and collection name, similar to how it shows up on the file downloads so they sort in order of designer. All those folders are in a single "Collections SG" folder. 

11 hours ago, April Showers said:

You can organize files in Drop Box the same way you organize files on your computer. While I don't keep my supplies there, I do have things I need to access from more than one computer saved there. I tend to put all the parts of a collection into a single folder so that I can look at all the pieces with only opening one folder. The folder has the designer and collection name, similar to how it shows up on the file downloads so they sort in order of designer. All those folders are in a single "Collections SG" folder. 

April, Thank you for your response. I had moved everything off my computer, digital kits, to make more room on my hard drive to dropbox. My issue is now when I'm scrapping I can't find anything easily....I used to use Iphotos which I loved. Dropbox only shows a very small thumbnail which makes it difficult to find anything. Do I need another program on my computer for organziation. Especially the current files I'm working with? Also alot of programs won't take files such as PSD's which I have from Brandy Murray

When I'm viewing the DropBox folders with File Explorer (Win10) on my computer, I can set the thumbnail size just like I can with any other folder. 

Screenshot 2021-11-30 07.43.25.png

I can upload psd files to DropBox without any problems, but I save the ones I use as .tiff files so that I can view them in my browser.
I do find that the thumbnails can take longer to refresh in DropBox than they do when they are on the computer.
I personally use an external hard drive for easier access to my supplies when I'm scrapping with my laptop. I have about 25TB of storage on my desktop with auto backups to different internal drives.

They way you organize your files really depends on how you use them. I find fewer folders to make things easier for me, though I do have everything sorted two ways. I keep kits together and have a folder for them, but I also have a "Digital Elements" folder that has everything sorted by supply type.

Screenshot 2021-11-30 08.03.26.png

When I'm doing assignments, I use the individual kit folders, but when I'm doing my regular pages, I often have a certain feel I'm aiming for and I usually get it when I pick individual items, regardless of the kit they're in. When I find something that works particularly well, I'll switch to the collection folders and look at the everything in that kit to see what else may work well on my page. 

This method takes twice the hard drive space, but it speeds up my scrapping. If I could only choose one way, I would sort by kits. You can search them using File Explorer when there is something specific you're looking for. It works better with the designers who use words rather than numbers on the individual elements. 

Let me know if you have more questions. Hopefully this will help a bit.

6 hours ago, April Showers said:

@terriscrapper I realized I didn't ask what computer you are using. Though if you had everything showing in iphotos, you would be using a Mac, and I use Windows. You should still be able to access the DropBox files in a similar way.

Yes, its a Mac! Oh thats whats going on in Dropbox takes a moment to refresh.... I think I need to purchase another external. Yes, I do the same with scrapbooking I always have a "feel" for what I want with a particular photo. The elements are very difficult to sort through...In Iphoto you had a large visual. I could do it in regular photos but like everything theres a charge and no way would it take PSD files Hey, I just was on the website for dropbox...I changed it to large grid and it worked....Now I have another question....Would there be a way to post one of the sheets from kits to outside folder so you didn't have to look in folder first...That is one huge step that is missing...I also wish I could tag outside of folders so I knew and had a better visual.

7 hours ago, terriscrapper said:

.Now I have another question....Would there be a way to post one of the sheets from kits to outside folder so you didn't have to look in folder first...That is one huge step that is missing...I also wish I could tag outside of folders so I knew and had a better visual.

In XP, I had all the folders showing the file images and it was fabulous, but it went away with Win7. :monstercry: I don't know if there is a way to do that with a Mac. I did look a few years ago for a way to do it on windows, and there may have been a work-around for it, but I don't quite remember now.