Project: Holiday Traditions - Winners Posted

ValerieT

:xmastree: :santa: :santa: :xmastree:

The last couple of years we have introduced our month-long December project.  This project is meant to get you to slow down a little bit and to document your December.  It’s been such a success we decided to bring it back this year.  Welcome to Project: Holiday Traditions.

So how will this year work?  Since this year's theme is all about traditions each week we will introduce 2 new traditions.  You get to pick one of the traditions and create a layout using that tradition as a prompt.  Please keep in mind, you don’t have to use that prompt exactly “as is” It can be your inspiration.  Please do not use layouts you have previously uploaded, this must be a new layout. 

As an extra incentive, we will be giving away prizes!  Each week that you complete a layout using one of that weeks traditions, you will be entered into a drawing for a $5 gift certificate to the SG shop. To be eligible, you must post that week's layout by midnight EST on Monday, except for week 5 which must be completed by midnight EST on Sunday Jan 2nd. Those who complete the layouts for the entire month (at least one layout per week for the 5 weeks in December) will be entered into the grand prize drawing for a $25 gift certificate to the ScrapGirls Shop.  To be eligible for the grand prize drawing, you needn’t post your layouts each week, but make sure you post all 5 layouts representing each week by January 2nd at midnight EST.  So, if you get behind, you can still catch up and have a chance at the grand prize.

Week 1 Prompts
Week 2 Prompts
Week 3 Prompts
Week 4 Prompts
Week 5 Prompts

To participate in Project: Holiday Traditions, simply post an “I’m in” message in this thread, along with the following: 
Week 1 (11/30-12/6)
Week 2 (12/7-12/13)
Week 3 (12/14-12/20)
Week 4 (12/21-12/27)
Week 5 (12/28-1/3)

Post your finished layouts in the Holiday Traditions Gallery.  As you complete your layouts, come back to your post and add a link(s) to the corresponding week's layout.  Remember, you may create more than one layout a week, but to be eligible for prizes, you must have at least one layout per week. 

This is an example of how to create your post so we can track your layouts.

I'm in!
Week 1 (11/30-12/6) - add link here
Week 2 (12/7-12/13) - add link here
Week 3 (12/14-12/20) - add link here
Week 4 (12/21-12/27) - add link here
Week 5 (12/28-1/3) - add link here

Here are your prompts for week one;

Cut down/put up Christmas Tree
Do you always use a real tree, maybe you use the same tree your parents did. What about ornaments, do some hold special memories for you. Do you stick to a colour scheme every year or do you change your colour scheme at all? 

Listen to Christmas Music
What Christmas music do you love to listen to/sing? Does one song in particular hold special memories? When, where do you like to listen to Christmas music?

Here are your prompts for week two:

Christmas Shopping

Do you typically shop in stores or online? Do you buy piles of gifts or just a few? Are you an early shopper or last minute? Maybe you give gift certificates or cash instead of actual presents. What’s your shopping tradition?

Watch Christmas Movies

Do you have some special Christmas movies that you watch every year? Maybe you have an entire list? Do you like to watch them alone or with others? What’s your Christmas movie tradition?

Choose one of the prompts and follow the instructions in the first post of this thread. I can't wait to see your layouts.

7 hours ago, scrapgarden said:

Wow, this one is hard! Can't think of anything to scrap about cash transfers and we very, very rarely watch movies at any time. Will really have to think about this one. ??

Sorry Lynne. Remember the challenges are flexible. I know you can come up with something for sure. We give a lot of cash gifts too. I know you can come up with something clever. 

I'm in! I'll try to do more layouts than I did for the World Cruise last month! (Zero! Great plans with no follow-through!)

Week 1 (11/30-12/6) - add link here
Week 2 (12/7-12/13) - add link here
Week 3 (12/14-12/20) - add link here
Week 4 (12/21-12/27) - add link here
Week 5 (12/28-1/3) - add link here

Yay, Week 3 Prompts are below!  Happy scrapping!

Check out those Christmas lights!   Scrap a layout with a Christmas light theme:  Show us Christmas light displays around your neighborhood, or lights that you put up at home.  If you don't have easy access to Christmas lights, or if you don't celebrate Christmas and/or you celebrate another holiday around this time, scrap something bright, sparkly, and holiday-festive!  

Ugly Christmas sweater/holiday party -   Oooo, I love ugly Christmas sweaters!  In fact, I don't at all consider them ugly, I LOVE them!  Scrap a layout of an "ugly" Christmas sweater that you've worn or seen, OR scrap a layout about a holiday party you've attended.

• April Showers changed the title to Project: Holiday Traditions - Winners Posted