File Sizes

SJDodd

Hello Scrapgirls - me again!  For the past several years, I have created my own Christmas card and uploaded it into Canva to print.  This year, for some reason, when I save my file it is really huge.  I have done the same things as in years past - namely, creating a copy of the file, flattening it, then saving it as a jpg with a medium size.  Past years, the file has been about 1.2 MB.  This year, the darn file is 46.8 MG (!!) with the same process!  It's so big it won't allow me to upload it.

I am afraid to save this in a really small size because I am afraid I will lose image quality in the final 5x7 card.

Does anyone know what in the world is causing this to be so big?  It's both the front and back of the card.  I'll try and upload it here. I welcome any thoughts!

Thank you!

Sandy

ChristmasCard3FLATtest.jpg

Wow - I imagine you mean the photo (of the family) itself?  Or do you mean the PSE file? 

I just swapped out the photo for one that was taken on a cell phone and saved it as a jpg with the same HUGE filesize.  So I'm guessing it is the the photo.  Also, the back side of the card has no photo and that, too, is a huge file.

The weird thing is I just designed a 12-month calendar 8.5 x 11 and those file sizes were no where near the size of the 5x7 card file I did tonight.

Sandy

Thanks so much - I will check this out when I get home and can look at the file.

One thing I thought might work was to save the file (or maybe parts of it) as a png and then upload the png into the 5x7 template and save that as the jpg that needs to be uploaded.

I also thought I might go back to last year's Christmas card that I know worked and bring this year's work in.  Thinking that it may be how the original PSE file was created.  It's just so odd because the 8.5x11 pages that I created for a calendar are no where near as big as the small 5x7 file.  

Thanks again - more to follow!

Sandy

Hi again - The dimensions of the original card are 1575 x 2175 - this is the same as previous years.

The Mode just shows RBG 300 px - it does not show 8 bit or 16 bit - this, too, is the same as previous years.

When uploading to the print site (Canva) they will only accept a jpg file.

I will continue to play with this, but any other ides would be so much appreciated!  

Thank YOU!

Sandy