Is Pse The Best?

scrappin'teacher

Guest Sharebear57
I think PSE is the most commonly used software for digi-scrapping.
Another good one is PSPX, which I believe is less expensive. (there's another post that says where to get it for $30 or so).
But, most tutorials and things are written for PSE. That is what I use, and I am very happy with it.

Whichever software you choose, you will love digital!

It really is a matter of preference. There are those who swear by PSP (paint-shop pro). I started out using PSE, but wanted to be able to do more, like create my own layer styles, so I downloaded the trial version of PSP. Couldn't get used to it for the life of me. I ended up biting the bullet and shelling out the bucks for Photoshop CS2. I still work in PSE sometimes because I only have CS2 loaded on two of my computers and PSE on the rest. It is great software, but like I said, it's really personal preference.

First of all, welcome to digi! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

As for PSE, it's all I know, so I have nothing to compare it to. I've heard some people become frustrated with it - but it's what I learned on, so it's definitely do-able! :)

It really is a matter of personal preference. If your friend has PSE, that would probably be a good thing for you to start with - you'll have the opportunity to physically see what she does. I think that's something a lot of us would have liked when we first started - the chance to see someone else scrapping digi, rather than trying to learn something technical from written instructions online. ;)

Guest Happy99
I totally agree with Susan about wishing I had someone who lived near me with PSE. I use PSE 3 and since I just got in August of last year I'm going to stick with it. I really like it, but it is all I know. Don't get discouraged with the learning component. Everyone at this site will try and help you in what ever program you get. Having your own personal PSE/Trainer friend right there to help you is going to be a huge plus for you. Have fun with it:) Warning - Digital Scrapbooking is highly addictive! Welcome to ScrapGirls:)

I've never tried PSPX, so I'll say absolutely nothing about that...

I use Photoshop CS2, but I've used PS for photoediting the last 5 or 6 years, so I feel quite at home with that.

I believe that PSE3, 4, or 5 is a good way to start. I'm going to teach my mother Digi Scrappin' with PSE5 this spring. Once you know PSE, the transition to PS is not too hard!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm really new at this too. I have PSE4 and I've had it for over a year. I was so frustrated that I almost didn't give digi scrapping a try. Then.......I watched Ro's videos and Voila! Here I am. I'm happy to say they were the most informative, easy to watch and understand videos that I've ever seen to learn PSE4. Now that I have the basics other things are starting to click and it gets easier every day.

I recommend you check out the videos and you will really be hooked.

Mary

I started with PSP8-X. Found that there's a lot more available for PSE, which I got free with my Wacom tablet. So I gave it a try and have been wondering what to do with the PSP software since. PSE is much easier and it's more commonly used. But for designing PSP is the way to go. Good luck. By the way PSE3 seems to be the one most are happiest with so far.

I use PSE5 and love it!! I've been able to do some designing with it too, but then again I don't know anything else either. I would love to get PSCS but it's just way to expensive for me right now. I found PSE easy to learn and havn't run into any road blocks with it yet.

Welcome to Digi Scrapping! As another poster warned, it is highly addictive! Not just scrapping, but looking at all the wonderful products in the boutique and cruising the gallery.

As for software, I use PSE3. If you really want a feel for the programs before you purchase one, there are free 30 day trials at the adobe website. I don't know about PSP, but they might have free trials, too. I downloaded the free trial of PSE3 and loved it. I've had it for 2 years now and I'm still learning new things about it. Once you do decide on a software, definitely check out the University here and Ro's tutorials in the boutique.

Good luck with your decision!

Archived