Jumpstart January 2022

April Showers

Jumpstart January 2022

It's time to kick off the new year with some fun and a focus on scrapbooking! Join us on Scrap Girls Forum for "Jumpstart January!" This game and challenge will focus on taking time to scrapbook regularly despite the little "speedbumps" of life. When the month is over, you'll have completed several layouts and been treated to some fun along the way.

• Some tasks will require message board participation or gallery posting.
  • Check each day’s task for that day's requirements.
  • Some days will have no requirements. The tasks eligible for drawing entries will have the word “REQUIREMENTpreceding them to make them easier to find.

You don’t need to complete all the “required” tasks to be eligible for the drawing, but you do need to complete at least three of the layouts.

Prizes: For each layout and “required” task you complete, you will gain one entry into the prize draw. At the end of the month, I will draw two $10 Gift Certificate winners.

You have until 11:59 p.m. ET January 31, 2022 to complete the tasks and post your layouts. There are no daily time limits.

Upload your layouts to the Jumpstart January Gallery.

• Like 1

Jan 1st, I have been loading mine to my laptop and sorting them by event. Thanks for the push.

I forgot to post this earlier today, so sorry! 

January 2nd
SPEEDBUMP - It is a new year and time for a new signature!  REQUIREMENT - Create a new siggy, upload it to the Jumpstart January Gallery and add it to your profile.

The following tutorials may be of help to you.
How To Create A Custom Signature
How To Add A Custom Image To Your forum Signature

Note: If you are unable to get your siggy to work on your profile, message me, April Showers for help.

• Like 1

And I'll give you tomorrow's while I'm here, since some of you are already there. ;)

January 3rd
Choose 2 or more photos from those you organized on the 1st and edit them to make them look their best. You can use basic touch-ups, or you can get adventurous using presets, filters, styles and/or actions. 
REQUIREMENT: Share the techniques or tools you used in this thread. Sharing the photo is optional.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MariJ said:

@Belle I saw your lovely page, but I'm wondering.  I've never heard of the zig-zag tool and I don't know if PSE has it.   Can you tell me what it does?

If you go to the Effects Panel in Pse, it's the very last one. I love playing around with the effects.

@Belle In PSE you might have better luck removing power lines with another method.

Use the lasso tool to go around it then when you have the marching ants go to Edit- Fill Selection a block comes up - it should say Use "content aware"- Mode "normal" -Transparency "100%" then click ok. Give it a try.

Here is my altered photo...I used effect watercolor.

Jumpstart-Jan-22-#1.watercolor-photo.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Belle said:

Here is my Jan 3rd altered photo layout.

@Belle, it was nice to see your layout, and you are clearly ready to get a Jumpstart on January. :yippee: However, it is a slow scrap activity, and there will be instructions every day that build to a completed layout. You don't need to to do a new one everyday. There will be instructions on when to finish up the four layouts for the month and load them into the gallery. :whew:

47 minutes ago, Celestine said:

@Belle, it was nice to see your layout, and you are clearly ready to get a Jumpstart on January. :yippee: However, it is a slow scrap activity, and there will be instructions every day that build to a completed layout. You don't need to to do a new one everyday. There will be instructions on when to finish up the four layouts for the month and load them into the gallery. :whew:

@Celestine Oops! Thanks. I think I will go and delete that one. Once again, I did not read the instructions properly. 

2 hours ago, Boatlady said:

@Belle In PSE you might have better luck removing power lines with another method.

Use the lasso tool to go around it then when you have the marching ants go to Edit- Fill Selection a block comes up - it should say Use "content aware"- Mode "normal" -Transparency "100%" then click ok. Give it a try.

Here is my altered photo...I used effect watercolor.

Jumpstart-Jan-22-#1.watercolor-photo.jpg

@Boatlady. Thanks, I will try this. 

@Belle let me know if it works for you or if you have any questions. We leave in an hour for week camping adventure and I hear  phone service is spotty so no hot-spot so I may not respond right away.

I literally downloaded all of my holiday and Christmas photos a few days ago, so all I had left new for this challenge were a couple of shots of my daughter and our dog. She wanted a photo before she left because his health has been so iffy. They were so similar that I decided to just use one and apply some filters. I fixed the original with haze reduction, and some auto fixes for tone, color, contrast. I did three filters: colored pencil, sumi-e and water paper (which I've never used). I don't know yet which I'll use for the layout.

567722560_chiefandsalliedec2021edit.thumb.jpg.042547a2d09f7d7da4d10148a0849789.jpg1733829829_chiefandsalliedec2021editcoloredpencil.thumb.jpg.03277c80a39b1ba0f6a107686944404c.jpg1168815737_chiefandsalliedec2021editsumi-e.thumb.jpg.9a2fde2b79b8523a249129a0026e3079.jpg2103465504_chiefandsalliedec2021editwaterpaper.thumb.jpg.80a9c320f71bbdc91562727c346b6fae.jpg

• Like 2