Jumpstart January 2022

April Showers

January 11th  
Start a new layout and add your photos and papers.
Note: You will need to use the tutorial you chose on this layout. When you use it will depend on the specific tutorial.

January 14th – SPEEDBUMP
Check your back-ups! Even if you use an online service or scheduled software for your back-ups, it is a good idea to check and make sure they are running as you have them set up. How do you back-up your photos? REQUIREMENT: Share your chosen method(s) in this thread.

Jan 14th-backups

Since I had to use my backup this week to restore my photos, this is fresh in my mind. I save every photo to my ehd and back them up to another ehd. I save all my photos on the memory card from my camera and my phone. I save my scrapbook pages in the same ehd, so I save a finished jpeg copy of my layouts on my laptop so I have them in 2 locations until they get backed up. I lost my psd files, but that's ok.

I know it's probably not the most efficient method but it works for me.

This morning I decided to do backups. I backup to 2 EHDs. My photos I also backup this way. 

My photos I put in PSE organiser.  That is sorted into the different families, Friends, Nature etc. If I don't do this, I would never find anything. 

I use software called Good Sync. Jo Corne turned me onto it years ago. I store everything initially on an EHD, I call that my working drive. I don’t store anything on the computer scrap or photo related. Then using Good Sync I back up to two separate Hard Drives one by one.  That way I have everything in three places. It’s unlikely that all three would fail at the same time. Or so I’m told. So today, I will back up! Last time I backed up was before we moved. And then I packed the hard drives so securely I couldn’t find one of them for MONTHS!  They’ve all been found, and I will beck them up this week!