Help- move multiple layers to workspace

Help, Help, Help: I cannot move multiple layers from layers palette to my workspace. I used to be able to highlight many layers then drag them onto a new page. It was a great time saver.

example- I used to be able highlight many layers in a template then drag them over but now all I cannot  get separate layers.

I've never drug my layers. So can't help on that.  But what I do is select the layers I want and then duplicate to the page I want them on or make a new page with them. This works with both PSE and PS. Will have to try dragging to a page.

Debby are you working in a new version of your program?   Is this a new problem in your usual workspace or a difference in a new program?   
I know what you mean, I regularly move multiple layers over to my page.    So, I'm wondering if this just happened without you changing anything?
What program do you work in?

I'm using PSE 2021 it worked before so something happened. Thanks Susie I will try that method.

1 hour ago, Boatlady said:

I'm using PSE 2021 it worked before so something happened. Thanks Susie I will try that method.

Still, I'm wondering why that happened if it's worked before?   I'm going to try looking it up and see if I can find anything.   I'll let you know!