Jump to content

2022 Recipe Swap


Recommended Posts

Happy New year!!  2022 is here.  We will be doing the recipe swap again this year.  :)   I would like you to share your thoughts and ideas for swap things for the year.  Is there a category you feel we have missed?  I can't wait to hear your ideas!  I will post the January swap later this week.  The grandkids will be here shortly (finally!) for Christmas.  Let the chaos begin!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope to join in more often this year with the recipe swap.

Have you ever done "gluten free" recipes?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my favorite activities! Thanks, Conda, for all your work on this every year. 
 

I would love to have a “grains” category. I have been experimenting with bulgar, wheat berries, barley, quinoa and would love to see some other tried and true recipes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy New Year! awesome, I really love the recipe swap, thank you so much for hosting dear Conda.
I would love also "gluten free" and "keto recipes", and of course baking, love bread, actually bread is my guilty pleasure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy New Year everyone!

Thank you Conda for hosting the Swap each month. We all appreciate the time you spend creating the category, answering questions, collecting the recipe cards and sending the complete set to the participants. I too would love "gluten free" and "keto recipes" added to the swap. 

Have a great time with your Grandkids...they grow-up so fast!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

I love all the ideas suggested so far and would how about vegetarian as well or just a meatless recipe :) 

Oh me too!  As I don't eat meat, I'd also like some vegetarian and meatless recipes.   I know we've had a month of "Healthy Alternative" recipes that included these, but maybe we could have a vegetarian/gluten free month?  Or, Healthy Alternative works, too.

How about a "Quick Meal" month?   Dinners that you can put together fast when there's not a lot of time?   

I'd also like ethnic recipes.

Also, maybe a month of cake recipes?   We have the Cookie Exchange, but we all have good cake recipes.

I liked when we did recipes that were passed-down from others, those "older" recipes too!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MariJ said:

Oh me too!  As I don't eat meat, I'd also like some vegetarian and meatless recipes.   I know we've had a month of "Healthy Alternative" recipes that included these, but maybe we could have a vegetarian/gluten free month?  Or, Healthy Alternative works, too.

How about a "Quick Meal" month?   Dinners that you can put together fast when there's not a lot of time?   

I'd also like ethnic recipes.

Also, maybe a month of cake recipes?   We have the Cookie Exchange, but we all have good cake recipes.

I liked when we did recipes that were passed-down from others, those "older" recipes too!

 

Wow, Marilyn, all good ideas. Interesting too! I have a cake recipe that is so old via my great-grandmother that I had to look up its origins. It's name, Spider Cake, came from the pan with three legs that was used to cook over an open hearth. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why it was called Spider Cake, but the Internet has its uses!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Celestine said:

Wow, Marilyn, all good ideas. Interesting too! I have a cake recipe that is so old via my great-grandmother that I had to look up its origins. It's name, Spider Cake, came from the pan with three legs that was used to cook over an open hearth. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why it was called Spider Cake, but the Internet has its uses!

That's so cool!   And, yes for sure.   I'm absent on social media things, but for looking up information the internet rocks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

All these ideas sound wonderful. I'm milk intolerant, with a little cheating occasionally, but I love different kinds of things to try. I would like to see a sauce or marinade or rubs and a 'toppings to various things' category. I cook with jam as a sauce a fair amount. Would like more ideas about that.

So glad this is back, was afraid it might be gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All those are great ideas! I especially like the idea of quick meals, since that's my cooking of choice, LOL. And I'd love to have some recipes using different grains and also vegetarian.

Thanks so much, always, Conda, for hosting the recipe swap!! :lovey-smilie:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, scrapgarden said:

All these ideas sound wonderful. I'm milk intolerant, with a little cheating occasionally, but I love different kinds of things to try. I would like to see a sauce or marinade or rubs and a 'toppings to various things' category. I cook with jam as a sauce a fair amount. Would like more ideas about that.

So glad this is back, was afraid it might be gone.

Good evening, I have a recipe on how to make your own soy sauce. My spouse is allergic to soy sauce and years ago my mom came up with this alternative. I have been using it ever since with no allergic reactions for my spouse. Please let me know if you're interested… I have posted it previously in a recipe swap here. Stay safe, be well and have a great evening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Florida granny said:

All those are great ideas! I especially like the idea of quick meals, since that's my cooking of choice, LOL. And I'd love to have some recipes using different grains and also vegetarian.

Thanks so much, always, Conda, for hosting the recipe swap!! :lovey-smilie:

 

Oh no Diane, somehow I messed up! This was supposed to go in the comments made by scrapgarden. So sorry, Happy New Year and have a great evening!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just thought another suggestion.... have we ever done Toffee recipes?   

I am doing a tidy up and came across my mother's recipe for  Honey and Eucalyptus Toffee which is great when you have a cough/cold. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2022 at 5:04 PM, A-M said:

I hope to join in more often this year with the recipe swap.

Have you ever done "gluten free" recipes?  

We have done "healthy alternative" for keto, gluten free, dairy free, etc. in the past.

On 1/5/2022 at 9:31 PM, A-M said:

Just thought another suggestion.... have we ever done Toffee recipes?   

I am doing a tidy up and came across my mother's recipe for  Honey and Eucalyptus Toffee which is great when you have a cough/cold. 

This sounds interesting!  I have never made toffee of any kind!  Perhaps it could be included in a "sweet treats" category or even "family favorites".

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2022 at 3:34 PM, scrapgarden said:

All these ideas sound wonderful. I'm milk intolerant, with a little cheating occasionally, but I love different kinds of things to try. I would like to see a sauce or marinade or rubs and a 'toppings to various things' category. I cook with jam as a sauce a fair amount. Would like more ideas about that.

So glad this is back, was afraid it might be gone.

I am dairy free (among so many other things!!)  Do you make your own jams when you use them to cook with?  Just curious!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2022 at 6:01 AM, MariJ said:

Oh me too!  As I don't eat meat, I'd also like some vegetarian and meatless recipes.   I know we've had a month of "Healthy Alternative" recipes that included these, but maybe we could have a vegetarian/gluten free month?  Or, Healthy Alternative works, too.

How about a "Quick Meal" month?   Dinners that you can put together fast when there's not a lot of time?   

I'd also like ethnic recipes.

Also, maybe a month of cake recipes?   We have the Cookie Exchange, but we all have good cake recipes.

I liked when we did recipes that were passed-down from others, those "older" recipes too!

 

These are great suggestions!  I love the older passed-down recipes as well.  The recipes for the swap are all supposed to be "tried and true" but those from Grandmas and Aunts are the very best!  :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

I am dairy free (among so many other things!!)  Do you make your own jams when you use them to cook with?  Just curious!

No, not anymore. Too busy scrapping! Though I understand it is suppose to be easy to make in the instant pot. Haven't checked that out. Might make me make my own jam. I gave away my jars many years ago!

Link to post
Share on other sites

@MariJ I love that you have included your mother's recipes each month!!  That was my goal when I started participating in the swap was to get our family recipes scrapped on recipes cards to preserve the recipes!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

These are great suggestions!  I love the older passed-down recipes as well.  The recipes for the swap are all supposed to be "tried and true" but those from Grandmas and Aunts are the very best!  :) 

I especially liked our passed-down recipes that were short on measurements, etc - but from our older generations and often family favorites!

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

@MariJ I love that you have included your mother's recipes each month!!  That was my goal when I started participating in the swap was to get our family recipes scrapped on recipes cards to preserve the recipes!  

Thank you Conda.   It's been so special to me to scrap them and have them appreciated too!  :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SodScrap said:
On 1/5/2022 at 10:31 PM, A-M said:

I am doing a tidy up and came across my mother's recipe for  Honey and Eucalyptus Toffee which is great when you have a cough/cold. 

This sounds interesting!  I have never made toffee of any kind!  Perhaps it could be included in a "sweet treats" category or even "family favorites".

I was curious about this as well and wondering if it were like a cough drop or throat lozenge - or is it a sweet?   

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Thank you Conda.   It's been so special to me to scrap them and have them appreciated too!  :) 

I agree Marilyn and Conda. I love being able to share some of my Nana's recipes with everyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LindaH57 said:

I agree Marilyn and Conda. I love being able to share some of my Nana's recipes with everyone.

I've loved your Nana's recipes, Linda!   I guess we are in agreement about sharing the older special recipes.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MariJ said:

I've loved your Nana's recipes, Linda!   I guess we are in agreement about sharing the older special recipes.  

 

1 minute ago, MariJ said:

I've loved your Nana's recipes, Linda!   I guess we are in agreement about sharing the older special recipes.  

LOL...It is like a step back in time for me. The memories of cooking with her, learning about the times/history of what was happening in the US/World. How the economy played a part in her recipes and ingredients.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LindaH57 said:

 

LOL...It is like a step back in time for me. The memories of cooking with her, learning about the times/history of what was happening in the US/World. How the economy played a part in her recipes and ingredients.

Definitely treasured memories!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...