Marlene's Template Challenge

Figment

January can be so dreary here in the Northern Hemisphere. I thought I would give you a little gift to help you with this challenge.

MPE_ChallengeSpec_01_MKTG_300.jpg.9be003ca65a6ba6adf8f20e5b2d3da12.jpg

February 16: Link has expired

For this template challenge I’d like you to create a layout using the free template available HERE.

Share: Post the finished layout in the GALLERY, and post a link in this thread please. Due date is February 15.     

Prize: to be eligible please use the provided template and at least 50(ish)% of my products in your layout. Bonus entry if you use the January ScrapSimple club. A random winner will be chosen to receive a $5.00 coupon to my store.

Thanks for sharing in the fun!

Edited by Figment
link expired
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the great template, Marlene. @Figment   I'm working on a layout and tried to download the Windsong font from Marlene's link,  DaFont and 1001 Fonts.    Both give me this error when trying to install on my Mac.
Does anyone know if this is ok to do?     And has anyone found Boulders Beach Serif font that Marlene uses at a reliable place, I can't seem to!  ? 
Also, often I have the choice to install .ttf and/or .otf.   Which should I use or install, I have no idea of the difference.
Thank you!

1118916642_ScreenShot2022-01-21at8_36_38AM.thumb.png.7a5f19527c5708b9da91f9d2620a1c85.png

I believe I got the same message, and installed with no problems. I'll install them if it's a minor issue, not if there's a warning of a major issue. hth

It was such a pretty font, but feel free to use another one you like!

BTW, I mostly use Font Squirrel, and have used DaFont occasionally, but not 1001 fonts, so I can't personally recommend the site. @MariJ Do you use that site without any problems?

33 minutes ago, Figment said:

I believe I got the same message, and installed with no problems. I'll install them if it's a minor issue, not if there's a warning of a major issue. hth

It was such a pretty font, but feel free to use another one you like!

BTW, I mostly use Font Squirrel, and have used DaFont occasionally, but not 1001 fonts, so I can't personally recommend the site. @MariJ Do you use that site without any problems?

Thanks Marlene, that does help!   I'll normally substitute fonts I have but you're right, that was such a pretty one I wanted to get it.
I mostly use DaFont because others told me that it was reputable.  I have an article from Digital Scrapper (not sure I can leave a link, but probably since it's not products?) that lists the "Top 5 Font Sites" you can safely visit.  They were DaFont, 1001 Free Fonts, Fontspace, Fontsquirrel and Fontbundles (which has a Free Font section that I think Lynne mentioned on the SG Forum recently).   So, since Digital Scrapper recommended them I thought it was safe to search on them.

Thanks again for the template and this information!  :) 

• 4 weeks later...