Calling on Designers...... Art Journaling items

Last night I was working on an art journal page for  one of the Monthly challenges and struggled to find art journal items in  my stash ( that are current kits in the store).

I would love to see some kits concentrating on items for such pages.

Items I like to use:   paint marks - paint drips - gesso - stamp type images to create backgrounds - torn paper bits - tiny scatters - ephemera - netting/tulle - doodles/scribbles - threads - messy stitching 

I know I can find these among lots of kits but with a limited budget I would love to have a kit that has all these sorts of items in it. 

Please if anyone knows of a good kit or collection in the store, please share that in this thread as I may consider buying a few kits if I need to. 

That is a good idea for a designer to run with, grungy stuff is fun with digital and cannot be done as easily in paper/photo. We need masculine collections too.

• Like 1

I've looked through my stash and everything I have is retired or the Designer has gone.

Syndee has these Pieces  and a set called Inky but I know it's not really what you are talking about.

I understand there is no basic set of the different pieces to use in Art Journaling that would be versatile for a lot of pages.   And where you wouldn't have to buy a lot of different items.

• Thanks 1

Anne-Marie, have you thought about making your own journal kit up out of items in the kits that you do own? Go thru them and find anything you might use on a Art Journal page and put it in Anne-Marie's AJ kit. That way you could use your own stash and it would always be handy, you wouldn't have to search. Just a thought. Good luck with your search.

• Like 1

What I do is do a product search of something I like/want to use. For example when I searched for scribbles I found a few scribble brushes by Sekada Designs. AFT Designs has some fun paint marks. And I love Kimeric Kreations graffitis. These are just some examples that has worked for me. 🤗

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, scrapgarden said:

Anne-Marie, have you thought about making your own journal kit up out of items in the kits that you do own? Go thru them and find anything you might use on a Art Journal page and put it in Anne-Marie's AJ kit. That way you could use your own stash and it would always be handy, you wouldn't have to search. Just a thought. Good luck with your search.

I have lots and lots of products bought elsewhere but I want items from here at Scrap Girls so I can use them for challenge pages. 

4 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

What I do is do a product search of something I like/want to use. For example when I searched for scribbles I found a few scribble brushes by Sekada Designs. AFT Designs has some fun paint marks. And I love Kimeric Kreations graffitis. These are just some examples that has worked for me. 🤗

I did use some graffiti from Kimeric Kreations on my page for this month's #1 Monthly Challenge. Sadly the other kits I own from that designer are not in the store as they are from years ago. 

Sounds like a challenge! I'd love to create a kit like that. I am kinda slow in the designing process lately, as I'm battling some health issues that results in brain fog. But I will try!

• Like 1

@A-M I thought we had lots of items until I started looking. Gosh. Most of the items I have are from designers who are no longer here. 

I did find grunge items, however. For example, Angie Briggs has several grunge papers, and her Grungology collection also has layout templates that I think would make good bases for your pages: http://store.scrapgirls.com/ScrapSimple-Digital-Layout-Templates-Grungology.html.  But we could sure use more!

I'm going to check my brushes and see if there are any current aj ones.

• Like 1

@Figment  Thank you Marlene that would be great. Maybe there is another designer who would  work alongside of you in designing such a kit. 

@A-MIf you keep an eye on the $2 treats there are sometimes kits that will work for AJ. Even if there are not many items in the kit they are not too expensive. Angie has several grunge paper kits in there now. Amanda (AFT) is one to watch for as she has things I consider AJ and has 'treats' fairly often.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 2/6/2022 at 4:42 PM, A-M said:

Last night I was working on an art journal page for  one of the Monthly challenges and struggled to find art journal items in  my stash ( that are current kits in the store).

I would love to see some kits concentrating on items for such pages.

Items I like to use:   paint marks - paint drips - gesso - stamp type images to create backgrounds - torn paper bits - tiny scatters - ephemera - netting/tulle - doodles/scribbles - threads - messy stitching 

I know I can find these among lots of kits but with a limited budget I would love to have a kit that has all these sorts of items in it. 

Please if anyone knows of a good kit or collection in the store, please share that in this thread as I may consider buying a few kits if I need to. 

Hi Anne-Marie!

I have these in the store... not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I will have more things like this coming in over the next few months as I work to bring my whole back catalog over here ;)

http://store.scrapgirls.com/Birthday-Lockdown-Painted-Accents.html

http://store.scrapgirls.com/Birthday-Lockdown-Messy-Edges.html

• Like 1