Masculine Cooking & Hunting Kits

Hi friends - My 86-year-old father-in-law has asked me to create a cookbook with HIS recipes to pass on to his children. He was an avid fisherman and gun and bow hunter (deer, turkey, pheasant, rabbit), and many of his recipes focus on his game and fish. I am looking for some kits that focus on hunting, but also some cooking kits that have more masculine colors and word art. I have Bekah E Design's Backyard Barb-B-Que already, but are there others that I have perhaps overlooked that tend more masculine? I can't seem to locate a hunting kit in the ScrapGirls Shop.

59 minutes ago, Brandy M said:

Celestine, I have an an Outdoor Dad Collection, it is not exactly hunting but more overall outdoors, fishing, hunting, camping etc... It might help some.

You can see it with lots of sample layouts here:

http://store.scrapgirls.com/Outdoor-Dad-Collection-Biggie.html

Thanks, Brandy - I actually have that collection and have used it often - especially for the fishing components. My grandad was a big fisherman. I appreciate the reminder, though!

• Like 1

I immediately thought of Brandy's collection as well!

I also have Brandy's Bon Appetit Collection but can't find it so it might be retired.  Same goes for Laura Louie's SS Culinary Creations.  Mentioning them here in case you already have it since I often forget what I have.

I also have Bandy's  Dinner Party Value Pack.   It's sort of Thanksgiving themed, but might help?

Brunch Collection  papers might work - just mentioning in case.

I'll keep looking through my stash.   I understand what you mean, not sure I have anything to fit that bill.  It's funny, I'm always looking for food/recipe/cooking collections because I love the recipe swap but I can't ever find one that's just right.

One more thought - do you have Angie's free collection she gave one year by month for the Recipe Swap?

32 minutes ago, Celestine said:

@MariJ Thanks so much for the suggestions. I hadn't seen the Brunch Collection. I do have the Dinner Party pack from Brandy, but it is pretty formal for what I envision. I appreciate everyone's suggestions!

You're welcome, I was trying to think of anything that might work and with a big sale sometimes even buying for a few papers are worth it.   
Good luck, I hope we get to see the cookbook, it's really such a wonderful idea!

17 hours ago, bitzee said:

Wow, bitzee, thanks for the links to these. I hadn't seen them, and the ones with the buck and the pheasant will work perfectly.

7 hours ago, Celestine said:

Wow, bitzee, thanks for the links to these. I hadn't seen them, and the ones with the buck and the pheasant will work perfectly.

You're welcome.  I already had these in mind for when I get around to doing my Dad's hunting layouts.  Good luck on your cookbook!

1 hour ago, Florida granny said:

Hi Celestine: If you are still gathering kits I just used Aftermidnight's Nordic Woods http://store.scrapgirls.com/Nordic-Woods-collection-Mini.html for a page and noticed there are elements there you might be able to use, too.

Thanks, Diane. I do have that and it has some wonderful wildlife embellishments in it. For all he was so excited for me to do this, my FIL is still collecting his recipes.