May 2022 Forum Game - Who I am

SodScrap

? Happy May!! ?

During this month's game, we will create a Who I am album, a mini-book about yourself!  We so often create layouts without ourselves in them!  There will be a prompt each weekday, Monday through Friday.  The goal is to create a page each day based on the prompt.  Part of this challenge is to scrap the moments as you go daily so you do not simply add more items to your to-do list.  It will be fun to learn some facts about each others we go through the month.  

I recommend you chose one or two collections to use through out the month.  This simplifies looking for supplies and helps you create pages that will coordinate in your album.  When I have done something similar in the past, I created 4x6 layouts instead of the larger standard size.  This might be a good project to use templates or to create Project Life style layouts. I will spend some time today creating "blank" layouts so that when the prompt is posted I will have a head start on the layout.  I included links below to some template suggestions that might help you.  Not every layout will need a photo.  I 
recommend creating folder on your desktop to use for the month.  COPY the collections and templates you want to use into this folder, this way, you don't have to dig in folders to find what you are looking for.  Also, save your photos in this folder and your finished layouts!

There will be FREEBIES!  (You know, I'm not above bribery...)  Our amazing Angie has created a freebie for each week!  For those that complete the the layouts all month, there will be an additional freebie.  You DO NOT want to miss these!!

When you are finished, post your layouts in the Hodge Podge Gallery

Suggested templates to help:

Please feel free to post questions in this thread.  I will be back later today to update links and add information as necessary.  I'm leaving and will be gone a few hours but I will check in as soon as I can!  I'm looking forward to this game.  ?

OOOOOhhhhh...  I love this and had fun when we did something similar years ago.   I play Challenge Chase and do those layouts, but this is intriguing so I might try.
The first SG activity I ever did was Anna Mansfield's Class "Who I am - Right Now" and it was great to do pages about ourselves.  We did 4"x6" layouts which was manageable and I used those templates you highlighted Conda!  Best part is, they are easy to print at any photo place as regular 4"x6" prints.  (Am I talking myself into this?)

Conda - you mentioned a Challenge Chase link which doesn't work, but normally the monthly game layouts don't count for CC, will it this month?  ? 

4 hours ago, MariJ said:

OOOOOhhhhh...  I love this and had fun when we did something similar years ago.   I play Challenge Chase and do those layouts, but this is intriguing so I might try.
The first SG activity I ever did was Anna Mansfield's Class "Who I am - Right Now" and it was great to do pages about ourselves.  We did 4"x6" layouts which was manageable and I used those templates you highlighted Conda!  Best part is, they are easy to print at any photo place as regular 4"x6" prints.  (Am I talking myself into this?)

Conda - you mentioned a Challenge Chase link which doesn't work, but normally the monthly game layouts don't count for CC, will it this month?  ? 

Marilyn-we were in that class together I am certain!!  

And...oooops...maybe not on the challenge chase.  

4 hours ago, Belle said:

My layouts will be pretty boring. I pretty much do the same thing every day. ?

Ohhh...I hope we bring at the not-boring in you this month!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SodScrap said:

Marilyn-we were in that class together I am certain!!  

Oh, Conda - I'll bet we were!   I knew no one then and didn't even know how to post in the private gallery!  I was so lost, but I remember being so impressed with how kind and friendly everyone was and that hooked me to ScrapGirls forever!   That is so cool to think we were most likely together in the class back then!   ?

I remember my Mom walking into the dining room one of the first classes and me saying to her, "Look at this, look!   People here are from all over the world!!".   It was so exciting and I loved those classes and all I learned.

8 hours ago, Belle said:

Nah Belle - I always think that about my ordinary-day monthly Project Life layouts and laugh when others say I do so much!   Your layouts are always interesting and I love seeing your family and what you do and life and the scenery in South Africa.   I'll bet our lives are only boring to ourselves!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Conda, one more question please.  If for a day we don't complete the layout, can we do both the next day or does each have to be completed each day?

Correct, Marilyn.  No scrap police here!  I just want people to look at it like "a little" each day instead of it seeming like too much.  That's why we are only doing weekdays.  You can use the weekends to catch up!

• Like 1

This sounds interesting and definitely challenging to do a page a day. I'm willing to give it a try and see where it leads.

@Belle That's so funny; I was going to say the same thing!  But I think Marilyn is correct that our lives are only boring to ourselves. And, seriously, if we do the same thing, that makes the pages very easy to finish! :D 

1 hour ago, SodScrap said:

Correct, Marilyn.  No scrap police here!  I just want people to look at it like "a little" each day instead of it seeming like too much.  That's why we are only doing weekdays.  You can use the weekends to catch up!

Perfect, I thought so!  

I will see if I can keep up with this as it sounds interesting.  I will be away twice during the month and need to catch up at the end. 

Wow this will be awesome I sure hope I can keep up...we will be prepping for our long summer trip....I will try.

I did an "all about me" series a few years back at another site...super for preserving history.

15 hours ago, Belle said:

Ha ha I was going to say the same Belle :) you could document your exercises and walks each day though (as long as the prompt fitted that is :) 

This sounds like fun and I do remember doing something similar a few years ago and it was lots of fun.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GraceJ said:

Sounds interesting, hope that I can make it, just a question, I don't use own pictures, so can I use my avatar?

I could be wrong but I don’t think you necessarily have to have your picture on your page or any photo for that matter. You could use just embellishments or even just words. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ladyscrapalot said:

I could be wrong but I don’t think you necessarily have to have your picture on your page or any photo for that matter. You could use just embellishments or even just words. 

I think Kelly's right, Conda does say above every layout doesn't require a photo.  I"m sure you can use your Avatar or an Art Doll or Art Journaling woman, etc.  As SG and Conda says, "No scrapping police"!

• Thanks 1

Here'a another 4" x 6" template set I have from that long ago class - 

COL Daily Do

And I had a great (at least I thought so!) idea when looking through my stash right now.   I've bought quite a few recipe card templates which are 4" x 6" inch size.   Take off the lines, words, etc - and many of them are usable and adaptable!  

4 hours ago, GraceJ said:

Sounds interesting, hope that I can make it, just a question, I don't use own pictures, so can I use my avatar?

Grace-you do not have to have your own photo on the layouts.  Whatever works for you!  It's YOUR project!  :)

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Here'a another 4" x 6" template set I have from that long ago class - 

COL Daily Do

And I had a great (at least I thought so!) idea when looking through my stash right now.   I've bought quite a few recipe card templates which are 4" x 6" inch size.   Take off the lines, words, etc - and many of them are usable and adaptable!  

I often use recipe cards in this way, thank you for sharing!

3 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

I often use recipe cards in this way, thank you for sharing!

I never thought of it before! :hit-head-with-hammer:  I just looked through my stash and have so many 4" x 6" products from SG's, I might just got for broke and use them in a mix-up sort of way, whatever one works for the day.

Just now, MariJ said:

I never thought of it before! :hit-head-with-hammer:  I just looked through my stash and have so many 4" x 6" products from SG's, I might just got for broke and use them in a mix-up sort of way, whatever one works for the day.

This is a fantastic idea Marilyn!

It is so interesting that you selected this type of game, Conda. Just a couple of weeks ago, I picked up a gorgeously illustrated 95-page Grandmother's Journal book for my sister-in-law, and I thought it would be a great project to adapt for scrapbooking. It has pages for a grandmother to fill with journaling and photos, and the chapters are called About Your Parents, About Me Growing Up, About Me as an Adult, About My Child (Your Parent), Family Traditions and Recipes, Life and Living. Doing genealogy has made me realize how something like this would be valuable for future generations. Not that I am a grandmother yet, LOL. 

Anyway, this will give me some incentive to work on this. I'll need to give the design some thought. 

• Like 1

Where do we have to post our layouts. I don't know if I'm not looking properly but I can't seem to find a link.

I'm also battling with the 4X6 size. I can't see me doing 30 layouts this size. I think I'm going to do them 12X12 and resize them to 6X6 for printing. 

4 minutes ago, Belle said:

Where do we have to post our layouts. I don't know if I'm not looking properly but I can't seem to find a link.

I'm also battling with the 4X6 size. I can't see me doing 30 layouts this size. I think I'm going to do them 12X12 and resize them to 6X6 for printing. 

Belle, post your layouts in the Hodge Podge Gallery

You are welcome to do whatever size you are comfortable with!  There will be 20/21 layouts since we are doing them on weekdays, with weekends for catch up.  I like the idea of the 6x6 size!  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SodScrap said:

This is a fantastic idea Marilyn!

Thanks!  I just organized everything and made a document of it all for easy reference.    I'll get started later since all my devices are charging and I've got to get moving here.

I guess I'm hooked!  ? :dunno: ?