Jump to content

May 2022 Forum Game - Who I am


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, SodScrap said:

Prompt 6 May 9

Show us your Selfie

Here is this week's Freebie

I'm having difficulty uploading my layout.  I'm getting a size error.  I've deleted and resaved and no luck.  Hopefully I will get it figured out shortly....

@SodScrap This happened with two of my layouts. The first one just never came right, the second one did but I don't know how I fixed it. Someone suggested I could have saved it incorrectly. I know this happened to Amy as well. Seems like this is something new. Very weird.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dust.  I collect dust!! 😅

Belle, post your layouts in the Hodge Podge Gallery You are welcome to do whatever size you are comfortable with!  There will be 20/21 layouts since we are doing them on weekdays, with weekends f

I will not shop the sale in the design shop until my layouts are done.  Repeat after me...I will not shop the sale in the design shop until my layouts are done.  I will not shop the sale in the design

2 hours ago, SodScrap said:

Yes.  I use a script to save my layouts and it automatically does the right size, like ALL of the other layouts.  I've deleted the jpg and saved again.  The thing is, the size IS smaller (according to my brain figuring) so I'm not sure why it won't work.  I will message April.

Ack! Don't you love computers when they don't work??? :hit-head-with-hammer:

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

Ack! Don't you love computers when they don't work??? :hit-head-with-hammer:

UGH...it makes me feel a little, um, shall I say stupid??!!!  

When I opened it on my desktop it indeed was a different size that what I saved it but still small enough.  IDK.  April is working with me.  Poor April.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SodScrap said:

Prompt 6 May 9

Show us your Selfie

Here is this week's Freebie

I'm having difficulty uploading my layout.  I'm getting a size error.  I've deleted and resaved and no luck.  Hopefully I will get it figured out shortly....

You don't really want to see me at 6am I'm sure!!! My camera is so kind :rofl:

prompt 6

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to try and duplicate my avatar photo which dates from... uh... several years ago. :)  Amazingly I still own the hat and the sunglasses that I wear in that photo. In the end I decided not to do an extraction but just use the paper that I used for my avatar. I can't find the paper! It's one of the first things I bought (papers by Ro) and the collection is probably on a hard disk somewhere, but in the end I used a banana leaf photo that I took some time ago and I added some photo effects. 

Here's my selfie.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I have never taken a selfie because I don't have a phone that is capable of doing that. My cellphone is a flip-fone that is telephone only, no data option. It is very old and I only use it when I'm not home to call someone. When I get home will have to find someone's smart phone to borrow to take a selfie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Celestine said:

LOL - I have never once taken a Selfie. 🤳

You can do it...i look forward to seeing what creative thing you come up with!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Belle said:

@SodScrap This happened with two of my layouts. The first one just never came right, the second one did but I don't know how I fixed it. Someone suggested I could have saved it incorrectly. I know this happened to Amy as well. Seems like this is something new. Very weird.   

This happened to me this week with one of the 4x6's. The chocolate cake one. I couldn't figure it out so I deconstructed it, layer by layer, saving between each step, and checking the file size. There was no layer that was the proverbial smoking gun. I never could figure out why it was too big. Eventually, and after many hours, I reconstructed it, starting over with an entirely new file, chose different products, and it worked fine. I literally didn't do anything differently. When starting over though, I did check all the parameters when I created the new file and everything was as it should be. Gremlins maybe?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mimes1 said:

This happened to me this week with one of the 4x6's. The chocolate cake one. I couldn't figure it out so I deconstructed it, layer by layer, saving between each step, and checking the file size. There was no layer that was the proverbial smoking gun. I never could figure out why it was too big. Eventually, and after many hours, I reconstructed it, starting over with an entirely new file, chose different products, and it worked fine. I literally didn't do anything differently. When starting over though, I did check all the parameters when I created the new file and everything was as it should be. Gremlins maybe?

Today's layout worked just fine.  I didn't do anything differently.  Definitely Gremlins!

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

Today's layout worked just fine.  I didn't do anything differently.  Definitely Gremlins!

Those ScrapGirl Gremlins like to keep us on our toes.  Shhhhh, I don't want to wake them up!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to try and duplicate my avatar photo which dates from... uh... several years ago. :)  Amazingly I still own the hat and the sunglasses that I wear in that photo. In the end I decided not to do an extraction but just use the paper that I used for my avatar. I can't find the paper! It's one of the first things I bought (papers by Ro) and the collection is probably on a hard disk somewhere, but in the end I used a banana leaf photo that I took some time ago and I added some photo effects. 

Here's my selfie.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my selfie. Like most of you I do not like my selfies at all.  Those of you who did altered art inspired me to do the same. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Prompt 8. Home

Once again my layout would not work (Too Big) so I took just about all the flower embellishments off and then saved it the way Angie showed me. Save for Web and then resize. I don't know if it's because of the new way I did it or if it's because I removed a lot of embellishments.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MariJ said:

It’s so annoying when not only do you not know when something happens, but you don’t know why it then works again either.  

I see the way I saved it, the layout is a Gif and not a jpg. But if it works, it works.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...