May 2022 Forum Game - Who I am

SodScrap

Prompt 9 Thursday May 12 

What’s your work?  Show us what you do!  

Mine will be later today as today (or it might be tomorrow!) is a different day for me, so I will show that instead of my usual "day at the desk".  I'm not going to lie, I am really looking forward to the creative layouts on this one...

1 hour ago, SodScrap said:
Prompt 9 Friday May 12 

What’s your work?  Show us what you do!  

Mine will be later today as today (or it might be tomorrow!) is a different day for me, so I will show that instead of my usual "day at the desk".  I'm not going to lie, I am really looking forward to the creative layouts on this one...

Hmmmm..   This will take some thought as often I wonder, "What DO I do?!!!"  ?

And so true Conda - this game has produced such amazingly creative layouts - it's amazing and fun to be a part of and watch!

2 hours ago, SodScrap said:
Prompt 9 Friday May 12 

Hey Conda, wait - isn't it Thursday today?   I just looked at my calendar since I never know what day it is.  But it IS the 12th!  ?   No worries, one day just runs into another.....    

I have caught only glimpses of everyone's  LOs for this game, and I am so intrigued! I hope I get a little bit of time to really look through the Hodge Podge Gallery and catch up! It has been a crazy couple of weeks and next week won't be any better. We went from an abnormally cool spring and weather in the 40s to weather in the mid-90s in just a few days. I made the mistake of buying all my plants already, so between appointments and a sick dog, I've been rushing to get flowers and herbs in the ground and in pots before they burn up. I had to come inside for a break - it is so, so hot. Yesterday was 96 and "felt like" 103, according to my weather app. Today will be the same. Ugh. This is July weather, not mid-May in the Midwest! But, my water is gone and it isn't going to get any cooler out, so back I go.......?

3 hours ago, MariJ said:

Hmmmm..   This will take some thought as often I wonder, "What DO I do?!!!"  ?

And so true Conda - this game has produced such amazingly creative layouts - it's amazing and fun to be a part of and watch!

I wonder what I do also.  I mean, I know what I SHOULD do, but it doesn't matter how MUCH I do...there is always more to do.  Like a dog chasing my tail!

3 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

I agree with Marilyn! I'm currently unemployed but not retired either. This will definitely be a challenge for me..... :dunno:

So, your job is...job-hunting.  Can you drive a semi?  If so, you are hired!!!  We need a driver desperately.  The last person that applied didn't even have a driver's license.  WHAT????

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Celestine said:

I have caught only glimpses of everyone's  LOs for this game, and I am so intrigued! I hope I get a little bit of time to really look through the Hodge Podge Gallery and catch up! It has been a crazy couple of weeks and next week won't be any better. We went from an abnormally cool spring and weather in the 40s to weather in the mid-90s in just a few days. I made the mistake of buying all my plants already, so between appointments and a sick dog, I've been rushing to get flowers and herbs in the ground and in pots before they burn up. I had to come inside for a break - it is so, so hot. Yesterday was 96 and "felt like" 103, according to my weather app. Today will be the same. Ugh. This is July weather, not mid-May in the Midwest! But, my water is gone and it isn't going to get any cooler out, so back I go.......?

Your weather sounds like ours.  It's miserably hot here but was miserable wet and cool last week, which makes this week worse!!!

3 hours ago, MariJ said:

Hey Conda, wait - isn't it Thursday today?   I just looked at my calendar since I never know what day it is.  But it IS the 12th!  ?   No worries, one day just runs into another.....    

?

Caught up! Here's today's prompt: Work   (Fortunately, since I don't really "work" I had time to put this together. I'm ignoring the dishes, the laundry and the dust, LOL)

Since you are talking about weather, we've had low humidity, mild days, a real spring. I know it will change into our usual hot humid summer, but right now the windows are open and we are really enjoying our spring.

1 hour ago, SodScrap said:

The last person that applied didn't even have a driver's license.  WHAT????

WHAT????   Are you kidding me, what are people thinking???  (Or, maybe not!)

And @SodScrap @Celestine I'll add myself to the crazy-weather train.   On Sunday I was in FLEECE lined pants, turtleneck and heavy fleece top.  And a winter jacket when outside and I was COLD.   The past few days have been warm, not as hot as you but right now I'm sitting outside on the step having lunch in shorts and a tank top, go figure!   ?

I'm getting really behind, actually I've done just 1 page, lol., sorry, hope that I can catch up and do my pages during the weekend, so far great ideas, and, layouts. About the selfie, well I'm gonna use my avatar, hope it will be ok.

Nice weekend dear ladies ❤️

You guys.  I am loving this.  Things I must confess regarding our likes/dislikes...

1.  My bed IS made.

2.  In regards to "I dislike opening the mail":  I went to the post office yesterday and I had a notice for a package.  Packages are exciting, right?  I hand the postmaster the slip and he brings out a large envelope from the insurance company.  So, I do not like opening the mail OR dealing with insurance.  The confession:  it remains unopened

3.  I cannot log into my accounting software, so I "can't work".  This means I can take the rest of the day off, right???  

4.  I have to go to the post office................I'm outta here.  Think I will work on my last two layouts and pretend I don't have a job.  Anyone???

1 hour ago, Florida granny said:

Here's my transportation.

@SodScrap You made me laugh out loud reading about your Post Office adventures. But, yes, you may take the day off from work. I give you permission. :D 

I opened the mail I picked up today AND that pesky envelope of insurance papers-they are filed away.  WHEW  I thing I earned and award or something.  

5 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Work Whoo boy, I really struggled with this one. First I couldn't decide how/what I wanted to do. Then I just couldn't get it to look right. Then I was feeling all the feels. After giving up I tried one more time and well this will have to do.

Transportation I had fun with this one. All is better today. :)

I am laughing outl loud at your description of your creative process, Kelly!  ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SodScrap said:

You guys.  I am loving this.  Things I must confess regarding our likes/dislikes...

1.  My bed IS made.

2.  In regards to "I dislike opening the mail":  I went to the post office yesterday and I had a notice for a package.  Packages are exciting, right?  I hand the postmaster the slip and he brings out a large envelope from the insurance company.  So, I do not like opening the mail OR dealing with insurance.  The confession:  it remains unopened

3.  I cannot log into my accounting software, so I "can't work".  This means I can take the rest of the day off, right???  

4.  I have to go to the post office................I'm outta here.  Think I will work on my last two layouts and pretend I don't have a job.  Anyone???

LOVE this Conda - and hey!  It's Friday.   So, nope - have fun!   (Now aren't you glad yesterday was actually Thursday?  After telling you that yesterday I thought today was Saturday, oops.  ?)