May 2022 Recipe Swap

SodScrap

? This month's theme is "Thanks Mom" ?

Any recipe handed down through the generations.  Any theme, any recipe, handed down from anyone.  Mom, sister, aunt, neighbor.  You get the idea.  I often find that recipes that are shared are the best recipes!

To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality - (1200 x 1800 pixel) Recipe Card to sg.sodscrap@gmail.com by MIDNIGHT, Tuesday May 31, 2022.

Each month you submit a recipe you will receive a $2 gift certificate.  If you submit a recipe each month during the quarter you will receive a $5 gift certificate.  And, if you participate each month all year, at the end of the year you will receive a $15 gift certificate!

• PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (SodScrap_YummyFood) as the file name on your recipe. (I may change it to make it easier for me to track if you don't.)
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe. Please do!
  • Please post your recipe in the Recipe Card Gallery and post a link in this thread.
  • After I have compiled the recipes, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!  Please remember the link is active for 7 days.
  • Like 1

Sadly ALL  of my recipe books got thrown out from the flood. 

Once I realised I had lost all the recipes I had of my mothers, I did contact my siblings. My brother has a few but  my younger sister has one of our mother's handwritten recipe books so she is going to send it to me. If it arrives before the end of the month I will use a recipe from it for this swap. 

Here is Sweet Iced Tea. My Gran used to make this for any large family gathering, and then send extra containers of the syrup home with us. I still make it on occasion for family gatherings. Since I could no longer find Lipton loose leaf tea in stores, I had to start experimenting with other loose leaf teas and found the mix of Darjeeling and Black Ceylon seemed most similar to that old Lipton blend.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, A-M said:

Sadly ALL  of my recipe books got thrown out from the flood. 

Once I realised I had lost all the recipes I had of my mothers, I did contact my siblings. My brother has a few but  my younger sister has one of our mother's handwritten recipe books so she is going to send it to me. If it arrives before the end of the month I will use a recipe from it for this swap. 

How fortunate your sister has some of your mother's handwritten recipes!!  You don't realize what you have lost until something like this comes up and it reminds you of the loss and devastation.

• Like 1

I don't have many of my mothers recipes with me at the moment as they are in storage but I did find this one tucked away.  I always remember Mum making this when as kids we'd go blackberry picking in the autumn and what we hadn't already eaten she'd make into this :) 

Blackberry and Apple cobbler .....the fruit amounts do not have to be exact Mum used what she had :) 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

Whew!  I'm behind for certain this month!  I think I was a little overextended!??‍♀️ 

Me too, :whew:indeed!     Too many fun things going on here this month.  ?  I'm sorry I didn't get a few more recipes done.  :(