Scraplift Yourself iNSD Style!

Today's iNSD Scraplift Challenge has a big twist! The twist for today is we’re going to Scraplift ourselves!  The  Scraplifting Yourself Challenge is a way to get layouts done quickly by letting your favorite layout do double duty!  Pick one of your completed layouts as an exact template for a new layout! No PSD file you say? No problem! Your favorite layout can be used as a sketch making the creative work flow for a new layout seem lickity split!

Here are a few helpful hints:

1)      Open your chosen  file to scraplift, either a PSD or JPG

2)      Be sure to SAVE AS a new name!! Make sure the original is closed. Or, you can open a copy. Just be sure to preserve the original!

3)      If You’re using a PSD file:

a.       Replace photos with new photos

b.       Change title and journaling to suit new layout

c.       And Voila! You’re done!

4)      Or, for a more advanced challenge, do the above, plus:

a.       Adjust embellishments

b.       Change papers

5)      You can be as exact or creative in the Scraplift Yourself Challenge as you want!  Simply plugging in new photos to your old layout with new journaling and new photos is OK!! Or your old layout can be a jumping off place for something entirely new!

6)      Did I mention to SAVE AS a new name, or open a copy?

7)      If you’re using a JPG, you can use it as a sketch. An easy and fun way to scraplift yourself quickly and easily is to put it as the top layer on your new layout. You can turn the visibility off and on as you replicate it.

Can't wait to see what you create from your own beautiful pages! If you'd like to show us your original, we'd love to see that too!

The freebie for the Scraplift Yourself challenge is HERE

ABR_HCEZ3.jpg

• Like 1

Here's Mine

Here are the steps I did for my layout:

First thing I did was SAVE AS a new name to preserve the original file.

1)      I turned off all the photo layers and then deleted them, but left the mask layers present.

2)      Clipped my new photos to the masks in the exact locations as the original layout.

3)      Changed the stamps to garden themed stamps but left locations the same

4)      Using the existing tapes along the left edge as masks, I clipped new papers to them.

5)      Changed the journaling

6)      For the purpose of illustration, I left the primary ribbon and string bow unchanged to show how your own cluster can be used in a new layout and look great.

7)      Changed the background papers.

?      Voila! A new layout. Total time spent on this layout was less than an hour.  

And HERE is my original.

15 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

Fun challenge! Amy, remind me, please, how to find the layouts I've posted? (I feel I should know how to do that, but, gulp, I don't. )

I just learned this a few months ago myself! Go to your user name at the top right of the page and click on that > profile>see all activity>images (You'll find this on the left of the page once you click on all activity) Hope this makes sense!

26 minutes ago, mimes1 said:

I just learned this a few months ago myself! Go to your user name at the top right of the page and click on that > profile>see all activity>images (You'll find this on the left of the page once you click on all activity) Hope this makes sense!

Well, what do you know? It worked!! Thanks so much. (happy dance, here)