Sale-a-bration 2022 Slow Scrap (Wednesday game!)

Mikelle

On 6/23/2022 at 12:59 PM, ladyscrapalot said:

I thought of a different photo to use. I used Syndee's Vintage Postcard Action

marie's 90th postcard.jpg

I LOVE that action and your photo looks great!  I wish it worked in PSE, I used to have CS3 on my old computer so I bought the action and would use the old program just for that.  But, now I don't have PS on my computer so can't.   ?

• Like 1

SATURDAY'S TASK:

Add 6 to 10 UNIQUE embellishments to your layout.  By unique, I mean 6 to 10 embellishments that are different from each other.  An example: 3 different buttons, two different flowers, a bow, a ribbon, and a bird.  Feel free to duplicate any or all of your embellishments as many times as you wish!

Also, happy Saturday everyone!  ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Florida granny said:

@Mikelle  I hope your daughter has a wonderful trip! I can't wait to hear all about it when she returns. Tell her to bring sunscreen and sunglasses! (I swear the sun is stronger here than in many places.) 

Thank you, Diane!  I need to double check on the sunscreen - because she'll be swimming with the dolphins, there are specific types of sunscreen they can't use.  I did pick some up already, but not sure yet if it's the right kind.  She's sooooooo excited!

3 minutes ago, Mikelle said:

SATURDAY'S TASK:

Add 6 to 10 UNIQUE embellishments to your layout.  By unique, I mean 6 to 10 embellishments that are different from each other.  An example: 3 different buttons, two different flowers, a bow, a ribbon, and a bird.  Feel free to duplicate any or all of your embellishments as many times as you wish!

Also, happy Saturday everyone!  ?

URGH! ?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, englishrose said:

URGH! ?

7 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Agreed!!

Add me in to the URGH club.  I'm ready to give up and this is why I don't like slow scraps!   I had such a hard time adding a tiny cluster to my page since it doesn't lend itself to embellishments.  I have no idea what to do now!

• Like 1

@englishrose @ladyscrapalot @MariJ  I hear you! I don't usually embellish very much. But, don't forget we can change things all during the Slow Scrap, so if you need to move your photos, change your template or anything else to accommodate all the embellishments, it's fine. We aren't stuck! Good luck!  

I reduced the size of my dotted paper, so I like it better now. And I threw on a bunch of embellishments. They might stay here or they might move depending on what's next. :D (So far I've been able to use Happy Birthday by Brandy Murry.)

Sale-A-Bration Slow Scrap embellishments.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mimes1 said:

Add me to the Ugh club! And @Florida granny Diane thanks for your encouragment! I'll get cracking on this later this evening!

Ha ha ha. I know, right? All those embellishments??? You can do this, Amy!  :2468who-do-we-appreciate:  (I'm feeling a little smug (so far) due 100% to Brandy Murry's collection; otherwise I'd be Ugh-ing right along with everyone else. :D  )

• Like 1

I have never done a slow scrap but I am trying this.  I actually started a day or two ago but forgot to share my steps so here they are so far. 

I blended the damsel fly photo with a mask. 

Then I used an ombre paper and a plaid paper for the background.  The plaid paper is also blended with a mask. This step I was a but unsure about as I have never done a "blended" background so please let me know if this isn't what is expected.  

Then I added my frame and cluster.

Rosie & the Damsel Fly-1.jpg

06-19-22 Rosie & the Damsel Fly-2.jpg

06-19-22 Rosie & the Damsel Fly-3.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, angleigh said:

@MariJ  Your my surprise Sunday winner for this game! I'll be sending you a $5 Gift Certificate...check your email!

Wow, thank you Angie!  I actually saw the GC in my inbox now and didn't know what it was so I came to investigate.  What a nice surprise, thank you!

• Like 1

And here is step 4 with the added elements: a grunge, brads, tag, word art, & string.  
I sure hope I am doing this right. 

And it really is ok as was mentioned above that we can move things around as we go along if needed for the additional steps? 

06-19-22 Rosie & the Damsel Fly-4.jpg

• Like 1

Here's mine, this is so outside my comfort zone. I did swap out my cluster because I realized I was using one collection and I missed this cluster at first glance. Some of my embellishment are hard to see but I used 3 different plant sketches and changed them to white. Also the white tag was not part of the premade cluster.

sale_a_bration_slowscrap.jpg

• Like 1

Here is what I've done so far
TASK 1 and 2...... I did a sketch on my photo and blended 3 papers together
1601718755_SG_photoandpapersblended.jpg.b110447cf54bcd9e49490e2d0e9f94cf.jpg

TASK 3.....frame and cluster (I made my cluster)
30114600_SG_Frameandcluster.jpg.7c5d41c2b3e78916003b2d0c8f3db48c.jpg

TASK 4....... I used 9 embellishments (I didn't count the yellow candles as used it in the cluster)
SG_Embellishments.jpg.9cdf4b390e09a07162909fe9217f8c4b.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KristiM said:

And here is step 4 with the added elements: a grunge, brads, tag, word art, & string.  
I sure hope I am doing this right. 

And it really is ok as was mentioned above that we can move things around as we go along if needed for the additional steps? 

06-19-22 Rosie & the Damsel Fly-4.jpg

Hi Kristi, yes, absolutely you can move things around as you go.  This is supposed to be fun, not stressful, AND the goal is to end up with a layout at the end that you actually like.  Too, participation is what we want, not necessarily following the steps letter by letter.  BTW, your layout is awesome!  ?

• Like 1