Sale-A-Bration 20 Questions (Sunday Game)

SodScrap

Today’s game is a fun and simple one!  To play:  Copy/paste the questions below into a new post in this thread and answer them.  They are all scrapping-related.  I can’t wait to read everyone’s answers.

Remember to update your post in the Sale-A-Bration tracking thread showing that you have participated in this game.

All games/challenges close 6/29 at midnight EST

One lucky participant will win a $5 gift certificate  

1 Do you use a desktop or laptop?

2 Favorite place to scrapbook?

3 How often during the week do you find time to sit down and scrap?

4 What software do you use?

5 How long does it usually take you to create a layout?

6 Do you have a favorite beverage or snack you have to have when you sit down to scrap?

7 Is there one digi technique you would really like to learn?

8 Do you love to use mask? If so, do you find yourself blending photos or papers more?

9 Do you like big and bold patterns or do you find yourself staying away from them?

10 If needed do you recolor items to fit your layout or find the correct colored item from another kit?

11 If you could sit down and scrapbook with 1 person who would it be?

12 Do you stick with 1 kit when scrapbooking or do you mix and match?

13 Where do you find inspiration for layouts?  Do you look through a gallery and scraplift or go to places like pinterest?

14 Layout templates…love them or leave them?

15 Do you budget what you can spend monthly on kits or if you love it do you automatically purchase it?

16 Do you like bright and colorful or more neutral colored kits?

17 Do you keep your kits organized by the kit or do you break them up and have all papers in one place, flowers together, etc.

18 Do you use styles?  If so what’s your favorite type of style to use?  What styles do you wish we had more of?

19 Who are some of your favorite SG’s designers and why (maybe it’s because of their clean design style, maybe you love their papers, maybe you love the colors they design in)

20 Show me 2 things 1: a layout you created that you are most proud of  2: a layout someone from the gallery or a product page that you are in love with.  Please leave a link to the gallery or product page that you found the layout.

1 Do you use a desktop or laptop?  I use a laptop for scrapping.

2 Favorite place to scrapbook?  On the couch with my feet up!

3 How often during the week do you find time to sit down and scrap?  It varies!  Sometimes, never.  This week, I spent one evening organizing my supplies instead of scrapping.

4 What software do you use?  I use Photoshop Creative Cloud

5 How long does it usually take you to create a layout?  Longer than it should.  It usually depends on how long it takes me to decide on photos.

6 Do you have a favorite beverage or snack you have to have when you sit down to scrap?   I don’t usually snack while I scrap.  I get distracted too easily, lol.

7 Is there one digi technique you would really like to learn?  I would like to learn how to do extractions.

8 Do you love to use mask? If so, do you find yourself blending photos or papers more?  Probably papers. 9 Do you like big and bold patterns or do you find yourself staying away from them?  I love patterns!!

10 If needed do you recolor items to fit your layout or find the correct colored item from another kit? I would find a different collection.

11 If you could sit down and scrapbook with 1 person who would it be?  I am blessed to have been able to sit down with MANY of the ScrapGirls in person to scrap.  I have to think on this one some more.

12 Do you stick with 1 kit when scrapbooking or do you mix and match?  I stick with one collection!  I especially like the value packs that have ALLLL the extra goodies.

13 Where do you find inspiration for layouts?  Do you look through a gallery and scraplift or go to places like pinterest?  I find my inspiration in the gallery.

14 Layout templates…love them or leave them? LOVE love LOVE them!

15 Do you budget what you can spend monthly on kits or if you love it do you automatically purchase it?  Ummm…people budget for this?  Maybe I should rethink my life…?

16 Do you like bright and colorful or more neutral colored kits?  Both!  It really depends on the photos.

17 Do you keep your kits organized by the kit or do you break them up and have all papers in one place, flowers together, etc.  Definitely keep them all together.

18 Do you use styles?  If so what’s your favorite type of style to use?  What styles do you wish we had more of?  I love styles.  I use them a lot for photo frames and edges.

19 Who are some of your favorite SG’s designers and why (maybe it’s because of their clean design style, maybe you love their papers, maybe you love the colors they design in). Ohhh…like choosing a favorite child!  I love Angie’s designs, she has the best clusters and flowers, oh and her collage papers are a favorite too!  Brandy and Amanda have amazing blending and colors.  I have never met a Connie Prince design I don’t like.

20 Show me 2 things 1: a layout you created that you are most proud of  2: a layout someone from the gallery or a product page that you are in love with.  Please leave a link to the gallery or product page that you found the layout.

1. This is a recent favorite of my little Bo Man
  2. This layout from Florida granny jumped out at me yesterday: http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/201579-june-25-ww-sale-a-bration-challenge-plaid/?do=findComment&comment=891387 Using Tami Miller’s Remember When 

1 Do you use a desktop or laptop? laptop

2 Favorite place to scrapbook? in my easy chair

3 How often during the week do you find time to sit down and scrap every day

4 What software do you use? PSE 21

5 How long does it usually take you to create a layout? about an hour

6 Do you have a favorite beverage or snack you have to have when you sit down to scrap? no I like to get up and take breaks (to the kitchen of course.)

7 Is there one digi technique you would really like to learn?  I need to learn more about blending

8 Do you love to use mask? If so, do you find yourself blending photos or papers more? photos

9 Do you like big and bold patterns or do you find yourself staying away from them? love me some bold

10 If needed do you recolor items to fit your layout or find the correct colored item from another kit? recolor

11 If you could sit down and scrapbook with 1 person who would it be?  Jane in N.Z. I like her sense of humor and all her
layouts are so fun and creative.

12 Do you stick with 1 kit when scrapbooking or do you mix and match? I do both

13 Where do you find inspiration for layouts?  Do you look through a gallery and scraplift or go to places like pinterest? 
I often look through a kit, especially the word art  and elements to get ideas

14 Layout templates…love them or leave them? I stay as far away from templates as I can. They irritate me and take too much time.

15 Do you budget what you can spend monthly on kits or if you love it do you automatically purchase it?  Total free rein, if I like
it I buy it. It's often that something sparks my mojo. 

16 Do you like bright and colorful or more neutral colored kits? Bright and bold

17 Do you keep your kits organized by the kit or do you break them up and have all papers in one place, flowers together, etc.
By kits.

18 Do you use styles?  If so what’s your favorite type of style to use?  What styles do you wish we had more of?
My favorite style is resize for web. Saves me a lot of steps. Wish I had one that did the layout for me. lol

19 Who are some of your favorite SG’s designers and why (maybe it’s because of their clean design style, maybe you love their papers, maybe you love the colors they design in) I like Aimee Harrison as she always includes some paint and grunge.

My Layout
Product

1 Do you use a desktop or laptop?   Laptop, I've never had a desktop!

2 Favorite place to scrapbook?    With a laptop, that would be anyplace I happen to be at any moment.  I've scrapped in a lot of rooms in my house, in others' homes and even in an airport or airplane!

3 How often during the week do you find time to sit down and scrap?   I am a very early riser so I try to scrap every morning. 

4 What software do you use?   PSE 2020

5 How long does it usually take you to create a layout?    OH....  Loaded question.   That could be forever as I an a very slow scrapper and roam through my stash for what I want to use and then move things a little bit here..  A little bit there.   ?   So very hard to answer, but is it enough to say....   LONG? 

6 Do you have a favorite beverage or snack you have to have when you sit down to scrap?   When I'm scrapping early (5:30am) I always have my trusty cup of tea with me.   Otherwise, usually nothing.

7 Is there one digi technique you would really like to learn?   Oh, there was just something we were talking about in one of these threads.  Oh!  It was scrapping with BW or Sepia photos.   Although I'm not sure now that's a technique?   I'll keep thinking.....
Actually, I'd love to learn to use actions.  I used to use them in PSE and it was easy and I have a bunch of them, but in PSE20 I have no idea what to do with them so they go to waste.

8 Do you love to use mask? If so, do you find yourself blending photos or papers more?   I almost always blend my photos and use some sort of blended background or a template that lets me blend papers.   I love the soft look.

9 Do you like big and bold patterns or do you find yourself staying away from them?   Oh NOOoooooo...  I typically totally stay away from any kind of pattern, especially big and bold ones.   Even if I like them, I have a hard time making them look good and I admire others who do it so well.

10 If needed do you recolor items to fit your layout or find the correct colored item from another kit?   Normally I will recolor but since I'm basically a one-collection scrapper I don't often have to recolor since the designer has already done it for me!

11 If you could sit down and scrapbook with 1 person who would it be?   Can I say Jody?  She and I always wanted to scrap in person since we did it constantly together online - sending layouts and pics back and forth for suggestions.   We actually only technically scrapped together sitting side-by-side once in Australia in the early morning before anyone got up.   Otherwise we were too busy.  Other than that I'd love to sit down and scrap with all of my ScrapGirls friends.

12 Do you stick with 1 kit when scrapbooking or do you mix and match?   I start with one collection and then if I need a specific piece I will search to see if I can find it somewhere else.

13 Where do you find inspiration for layouts?  Do you look through a gallery and scraplift or go to places like pinterest?   Truly, I find inspiration from my photos and subjects - they jumpstart my creativity and I get ideas from them.   I love looking at other scrappers beautiful layouts but I have a hard time translating that into creating on my own.

14 Layout templates…love them or leave them?   HAHA, Conda - you will laugh.   Remember I used to be "allergic" to templates?   Now, I start almost every page with a layout template, but I mostly like the blended ones - Syndee has some great ones!

15 Do you budget what you can spend monthly on kits or if you love it do you automatically purchase it?   I always wait for sales.   In my whole ScrapGirls' life I've never bought anything that wasn't on sale.  ?

16 Do you like bright and colorful or more neutral colored kits?   I always think I like bright and colorful, but they don't always work for me.   I like neutrals, but sometimes find them hard to use.   AAaaRRRG - what a (non) answer!   I think I mostly like colorful but soft collections.   

17 Do you keep your kits organized by the kit or do you break them up and have all papers in one place, flowers together, etc.   I keep all collections together,  I think I'd go batty if I had pieces all over the place.   I loved that SG designers always tagged items so all I had to do was search in my Mac finder for whatever I needed.   "Element 1" or "Paper 2" frustrates me and I don't want to do the tagging so I avoid those.

18 Do you use styles?  If so what’s your favorite type of style to use?  What styles do you wish we had more of?   Oh yes!  I've become quite the style-scrapper. I find I use Syndee's Shadow Me on every page and I mostly look for styles that will soften white frames or perk up my titles.   I wish there were more styles that would "antique" items.  I love Syndee's Postcard one but it only works in PS, not PSE.

19 Who are some of your favorite SG’s designers and why (maybe it’s because of their clean design style, maybe you love their papers, maybe you love the colors they design in).  I always liked Brandy Murray's Collections and have a lot of them because she gives you lots of different embellishments - fasteners, frames, edgers, alpha, etc.   Not just the same flowers over and over in different colors.    I also like Laura Louie's whimsical and happy collections.

I went back in my Gallery to 2014 and then stopped because trying to choose my layout I'm most proud of was like picking a favorite child!
I finally went with this one - a simple challenge on Leap Day 2020 asking what photos you took on Leap Day 2016.   Looking through my photos the week before and after that date found me an exact one from 2/29/16, but also photos from the week before and after that brought back a slew of memories.  It was hard to write the journaling and fit in the photos, but I did it and was proud of the results.

Leap Day 2020 & 2016 Weekend Challenge
I just this morning saw Jane's "Mood" layout for Sale-A-Bration.  I am constantly in awe of how Jane blends backgrounds and uses elements in such a  beautifully Art Journal way and how she scraps her feelings and grief so bravely, graphically -- and gorgeously.  ?  @Jane in N.Z
Mood Layout Jane in NZ

1 Do you use a desktop or laptop? laptop

2 Favorite place to scrapbook? at the dining room table

3 How often during the week do you find time to sit down and scrap? probably 4 hours/day on average-love retirement

4 What software do you use? Photoshop Elements

5 How long does it usually take you to create a layout? at least an hour- sometimes it seems forever

6 Do you have a favorite beverage or snack you have to have when you sit down to scrap? coffee in the am- otherwise iced tea in summer- hot tea in winter

7 Is there one digi technique you would really like to learn? extracting!!!!!!!

8 Do you love to use mask? If so, do you find yourself blending photos or papers more? I don't use masks often

9 Do you like big and bold patterns or do you find yourself staying away from them? I like them

10 If needed do you recolor items to fit your layout or find the correct colored item from another kit? I'd probably recolor. I usually stick to one kit when scrapping

11 If you could sit down and scrapbook with 1 person who would it be? Oh my goodness. How to choose? Probably Aimee Harrison. I love her collections and style plus she is super nice and not to far from me. We are both in MI!

12 Do you stick with 1 kit when scrapbooking or do you mix and match? I stick with one kit.

13 Where do you find inspiration for layouts?  Do you look through a gallery and scraplift or go to places like pinterest?I always use templates so I would say it's the photos that inspire me. I do look at the galleries and pinterest and instagram. I may decide to purchase a template by finding a layout.

14 Layout templates…love them or leave them? Always use them!!

15 Do you budget what you can spend monthly on kits or if you love it do you automatically purchase it? I purchase if I think I'll use it. I'm always looking for sport and pet kits. 

16 Do you like bright and colorful or more neutral colored kits? Both for sure!

17 Do you keep your kits organized by the kit or do you break them up and have all papers in one place, flowers together, etc. I keep the kit together. I do have one file of favorites like stitches, staples, doilies etc where the pieces come from different sets.

18 Do you use styles?  If so what’s your favorite type of style to use?  What styles do you wish we had more of? Shadow styles. I guess I'm not sure about others. 

19 Who are some of your favorite SG’s designers and why (maybe it’s because of their clean design style, maybe you love their papers, maybe you love the colors they design in) Brandy Murry, Angie, Aimee and Tami Miller. I just love what they create. I really like a lot of the designers but those 4 are my top.

20 Show me 2 things 1: a layout you created that you are most proud of  2: a layout someone from the gallery or a product page that you are in love with.  Please leave a link to the gallery or product page that you found the layout. I'll be back with this one.

1 Do you use a desktop or laptop? I currently have a desktop.

2 Favorite place to scrapbook? Since I have desktop I scrap at my desk.

3 How often during the week do you find time to sit down and scrap? It depends on my mojo. Sometimes everyday, sometimes once or twice a week.

4 What software do you use? I recently starting using the Creative Cloud

5 How long does it usually take you to create a layout? Probably longer than it should. Most of my scrapping is for challenges so I have to find the right photo and then I go from there depending on the challenge.

6 Do you have a favorite beverage or snack you have to have when you sit down to scrap? Usually flavored water to drink. If I'm hungry I'll take a break and get a snack which I'll eat standing up to stretch a bit.

7 Is there one digi technique you would really like to learn? I love to learn new techniques but if I have to pick one right now I would say I wish I could recolor ScrapSimple products better

8 Do you love to use mask? If so, do you find yourself blending photos or papers more? I love using masks especially for photos. I'm trying to use masks for blending papers more but some of the designers provide great blending papers.

9 Do you like big and bold patterns or do you find yourself staying away from them? Unless they are for a challenge I tend to stay away from them, they overwhelm me.

10 If needed do you recolor items to fit your layout or find the correct colored item from another kit? I guess it would depend on the item. if it was a simple item like a button or ribbon I would try to recolor it.

11 If you could sit down and scrapbook with 1 person who would it be? It would be fun to scrap with anyone but I think it would be nice to sit by one of the members of the creative team and try and learn a thing or two. 

12 Do you stick with 1 kit when scrapbooking or do you mix and match? I have to say mix and match

13 Where do you find inspiration for layouts?  Do you look through a gallery and scraplift or go to places like pinterest? I would say the gallery mostly.

14 Layout templates…love them or leave them? I don't hate them but I rarely use them

15 Do you budget what you can spend monthly on kits or if you love it do you automatically purchase it? Unless there's something I need specifically, I'll budget it in.

16 Do you like bright and colorful or more neutral colored kits? yes :)

17 Do you keep your kits organized by the kit or do you break them up and have all papers in one place, flowers together, etc. Mostly together. If a kit comes with a mask I put those in a separate folder as well as alphas and word art.

18 Do you use styles?  If so what’s your favorite type of style to use?  What styles do you wish we had more of? I most often use Syndee's Shadow me and when I did the ATC challenges I used Amanda's paper borders.

19 Who are some of your favorite SG’s designers and why (maybe it’s because of their clean design style, maybe you love their papers, maybe you love the colors they design in) I think the designers at Scrap Girls are awesome. A few of my favs are Amanda Fraijo-Tabin, I love her paper blender templates and I have several of her styles. Kimeric Kreations, I love her graffitis and vibrant colors.

20 Show me 2 things 1: a layout you created that you are most proud of  2: a layout someone from the gallery or a product page that you are in love with.  Please leave a link to the gallery or product page that you found the layout.  This will probably make Conda laugh as I'm not a big user of templates but I'm proud how this one turned out.  I'm also a big fan of @Jane in N.Z especially her Lucy pages

1 Do you use a desktop or laptop? Just recently switched to a laptop since my desktop was getting past its prime 

2 Favorite place to scrapbook? Usually in the office with the two pups keeping me company 

3 How often during the week do you find time to sit down and scrap? This varies widely, usually at least once a week I will make time, I try more often but some weeks it just doesn't happen and other weeks I find myself scrapping most days

4 What software do you use? I use photoshop for the scrapping but LR for photo management

5 How long does it usually take you to create a layout? Another one that varies a lot, some a half hour and sometimes 3 or 4 hours so probably on average an hour or so

6 Do you have a favorite beverage or snack you have to have when you sit down to scrap? It had been a Coke - my guilty pleasure for sure but I am trying to cut back on those so trying to enjoy just good ole water now

7 Is there one digi technique you would really like to learn? I really want to improve my shadowing technique 

8 Do you love to use mask? If so, do you find yourself blending photos or papers more? Definitely blend photos more than paper

9 Do you like big and bold patterns or do you find yourself staying away from them? Love all the patterns I can get

10 If needed do you recolor items to fit your layout or find the correct colored item from another kit? I will recolor if it is an easy job otherwise will find another kit

11 If you could sit down and scrapbook with 1 person who would it be? I used to scrap with friends in person - back when we did paper scrapbooking - I would love to be able to sit and scrapbook with them again (we have all moved to different places a few times over)

12 Do you stick with 1 kit when scrapbooking or do you mix and match? I do a bit of both, but mostly stick with one kit - though will try and challenge myself to mix and match at least a couple layouts a month because there are so many amazing options 

13 Where do you find inspiration for layouts?  Do you look through a gallery and scraplift or go to places like pinterest? Galleries are a big source of inspiration and newsletters designers and stores send out as well as Pinterest 

14 Layout templates…love them or leave them? adore templates

15 Do you budget what you can spend monthly on kits or if you love it do you automatically purchase it? sort of a budget lol - I try and keep a general goal of what to spend in mind and try to take advantage of sales of course 

16 Do you like bright and colorful or more neutral colored kits? I love all the kits - I love the colorful kits for some photos, but neutrals for other photos, mood makes a big difference on what I go for

17 Do you keep your kits organized by the kit or do you break them up and have all papers in one place, flowers together, etc. Definitely by kit - I am probably a little crazy with my need to keep things organized, they are by store, then designer, then kit and the folder needs to be changed to the kit preview

18 Do you use styles?  If so what’s your favorite type of style to use?  What styles do you wish we had more of? I use styles for shadows often, and sometimes for glitter/metallic effects. I wish I had more styles that were for textures

19 Who are some of your favorite SG’s designers and why (maybe it’s because of their clean design style, maybe you love their papers, maybe you love the colors they design in) This is a hard one - but I have a few I notice I go to often - Blue Heart Scraps has some amazing patterns/prints and lots of great themed elements with a mix of general elements (so always find the kits really versatile), and Aimee Harrison has great florals and patterns and really rich colors, Connie Prince has kits that mix and match super well and some great heritage kits

20 Show me 2 things 1: a layout you created that you are most proud of  2: a layout someone from the gallery or a product page that you are in love with.  Please leave a link to the gallery or product page that you found the layout.  I am really proud of this layout  because I don't often showcase a photo I took just because I thought it was pretty - and this was a photo taken just because well those sunflowers were too gorgeous not to take a picture of, we were on our way home from soccer camp and I had to stop and pull over to get a picture. I really like how the photo was highlighted. And I really adore this page by GraceJ  it is so inviting and just felt like you were looking out a window into this beautiful relaxing scene, it was a beautifully done page.

1 Do you use a desktop or laptop?  Mostly desktop but I use a laptop when we travel.

2 Favorite place to scrapbook? my desk

3 How often during the week do you find time to sit down and scrap? Well, I'm retired, so I have time pretty much every day.

4 What software do you use? Mostly PSE 2020 but I have software on PSE 2014 and sometimes switch to that.

5 How long does it usually take you to create a layout? That's a tough one; maybe a couple of hours if it's going OK. Otherwise, I stop and try again later.

6 Do you have a favorite beverage or snack you have to have when you sit down to scrap? No; I just scrap.

7 Is there one digi technique you would really like to learn? I'd like to re-learn some of the early techniques I used years ago and forgot.

8 Do you love to use mask? If so, do you find yourself blending photos or papers more?  I love masks and will blend either photos or papers or both, depending on the page

9 Do you like big and bold patterns or do you find yourself staying away from them? I don't like bold patterns and seldom use them unless their colors are so subtle that you don't really notice the pattern.

10 If needed do you recolor items to fit your layout or find the correct colored item from another kit? Definitely both. I also love ScrapSimple elements where I just pick my own color.

11 If you could sit down and scrapbook with 1 person who would it be? I'd love to scrap with a near-by friend.

12 Do you stick with 1 kit when scrapbooking or do you mix and match? I used to use a variety of kits but as my stash has grown I find it easier just to stick with one and if I can't find what I need there, then go to other kits. I often will go to Brandy Murry's kits because she offers a wide variety of elements, verticals, horizontals, scatters, etc.

13 Where do you find inspiration for layouts?  Do you look through a gallery and scraplift or go to places like pinterest? I find lots of inspiration in the galleries here.

14 Layout templates…love them or leave them? Love 'em! (Of course I'll change them around a lot, lol).

15 Do you budget what you can spend monthly on kits or if you love it do you automatically purchase it?  I'm so bad; if I love it, I'll buy it.

16 Do you like bright and colorful or more neutral colored kits? I choose kits based on photos I plan to scrap but my preference is neutrals. In fact I have to talk myself out of using white backgrounds all the time.

17 Do you keep your kits organized by the kit or do you break them up and have all papers in one place, flowers together, etc.  I definitely keep them together.

18 Do you use styles?  If so what’s your favorite type of style to use?  What styles do you wish we had more of? Except for shadows, I forget about style most of the time. I just went through my stash today and realized how many wonderful styles I have. Obviously, I need to start using them more!

19 Who are some of your favorite SG’s designers and why (maybe it’s because of their clean design style, maybe you love their papers, maybe you love the colors they design in) Brandy Murry is still my favorite because her (mostly older) collections are so rich in variety that I can find whatever I need for a page in just one place. Then I like other designers for their different artistic styles and for certain elements: Angie Briggs for her grunge blending and realistic weeds/flowers/branches etc.; Susie Roberts for her classy style; Carol W for her beautiful watercolors; Amanda Fraijo-Tobin for her gorgeous colors.

My favorite layouts are my bird layouts, not because they are my best necessarily, but because I enjoy making them the most. Here's one: Peaceful .  
      2. I'm an unabashed admirer of the pages posted by @Jane in N.Z . This is her latest and words are inadequate to describe how wonderful her art is.

1 Do you use a desktop or laptop?  Laptop

2 Favorite place to scrapbook?  Recliner Chair

3 How often during the week do you find time to sit down and scrap?  1 to 2 hours Daily

4 What software do you use?  PSE 2022

5 How long does it usually take you to create a layout?  45 minutes to 3 hours

6 Do you have a favorite beverage or snack you have to have when you sit down to scrap?  Ice Tea

7 Is there one digi technique you would really like to learn?   Actions

8 Do you love to use mask? If so, do you find yourself blending photos or papers more?  Love to use masks for blending photos and papers

9 Do you like big and bold patterns or do you find yourself staying away from them?  Depends on the layout for big and bold patterns

10 If needed do you recolor items to fit your layout or find the correct colored item from another kit?  I've done both.   Don't have a preference.  It depends on the layout.

11 If you could sit down and scrapbook with 1 person who would it be?  Linda Sattgast

12 Do you stick with 1 kit when scrapbooking or do you mix and match? Mix and Match

13 Where do you find inspiration for layouts?  Do you look through a gallery and scraplift or go to places like pinterest?  Gallery

14 Layout templates…love them or leave them?  Love Templates

15 Do you budget what you can spend monthly on kits or if you love it do you automatically purchase it?  I try to budget but I don't  stick to the budget.

16 Do you like bright and colorful or more neutral colored kits?  Both

17 Do you keep your kits organized by the kit or do you break them up and have all papers in one place, flowers together, etc.  Organized by Kits

18 Do you use styles?  If so what’s your favorite type of style to use?  What styles do you wish we had more of?  i use drop shadow styles but I am not experienced in other types of styles.

19 Who are some of your favorite SG’s designers and why (maybe it’s because of their clean design style, maybe you love their papers, maybe you love the colors they design in)  Love Sylvia Romeo because of her style, papers, embellishment and tools.

20 Show me 2 things 1: a layout you created that you are most proud of  2: a layout someone from the gallery or a product page that you are in love with.  Please leave a link to the gallery or product page that you found the layout.  proud of my layout  Newsletter 6/21/ Mood Challenge - Sale-a-bration 2022 Gallery - Scrap Girls Digital Scrapbooking Forum       favorite layout from someone in the gallery Building a Beautiful Life (scrapgirls.net)  Dad's Tools Collection Biggie (scrapgirls.com)

1 Do you use a desktop or laptop?    desktop

2 Favorite place to scrapbook?   where we are living at the moment its on the settee 

3 How often during the week do you find time to sit down and scrap?  about 5-6 usually as I'm awake early 

4 What software do you use? PSE2019

5 How long does it usually take you to create a layout? about 1/2hr -2 hours (sometimes longer if I'm fiddling trying something new)

6 Do you have a favorite beverage or snack you have to have when you sit down to scrap? as its usually morning just a cup of tea

7 Is there one digi technique you would really like to learn? thats a hard one but not good with actions 

8 Do you love to use mask? If so, do you find yourself blending photos or papers more?  love masks and use for both

9 Do you like big and bold patterns or do you find yourself staying away from them?  Love them and will use them if the photo needs them or AJ page otherwise not

10 If needed do you recolor items to fit your layout or find the correct colored item from another kit? I'll re-colour if I need to

11 If you could sit down and scrapbook with 1 person who would it be? Thats hard but I'd love to learn some of ladyscrapalot's and mimes1 techniques but also I'd like to sit and scrap with SG friends and chat while scrapping :) 

12 Do you stick with 1 kit when scrapbooking or do you mix and match? mix and match

13 Where do you find inspiration for layouts?  Do you look through a gallery and scraplift or go to places like pinterest? usually just what pops into my head but occasionally I'll go to gallery standouts and of course SG's is a great source of inspiration

14 Layout templates…love them or leave them? love them

15 Do you budget what you can spend monthly on kits or if you love it do you automatically purchase it? I budget and have a huge wish list 

16 Do you like bright and colorful or more neutral colored kits? both but I tend to notice the bright kits first

17 Do you keep your kits organized by the kit or do you break them up and have all papers in one place, flowers together, etc. organised by the kit

18 Do you use styles?  If so what’s your favorite type of style to use?  What styles do you wish we had more of? I use glitters, drop shadows, bevels and strokes mainly but also have a mix of others. I don't have a favourite

19 Who are some of your favorite SG’s designers and why (maybe it’s because of their clean design style, maybe you love their papers, maybe you love the colors they design in) There are so many favourites, love kimeric her vibrant colours and graffiti, Brandy Murry is an old favourite together with Amanda as their designs are so versatile. I could keep going with many more. 

20 Show me 2 things 1: a layout you created that you are most proud of  2: a layout someone from the gallery or a product page that you are in love with.  Please leave a link to the gallery or product page that you found the layout. 1. I don't have a special LO but I am proud of this one I created  2, I love this one from Ladyscrapalot

@MariJ @ladyscrapalot @Florida granny @mimes1 @englishrose I have just been reading everyone elses answers and I am truly amazed and thankful how you ladies love my LO's I'm so honoured

1 Do you use a desktop or laptop? Desktop

2 Favorite place to scrapbook? At my desk

3 How often during the week do you find time to sit down and scrap? Most days

4 What software do you use? My Memories

5 How long does it usually take you to create a layout? About 1.5 hours on average

6 Do you have a favorite beverage or snack you have to have when you sit down to scrap? Coffee or tea or flavored water

7 Is there one digi technique you would really like to learn? How to create my own (good) masks.

8 Do you love to use mask? If so, do you find yourself blending photos or papers more? Hmmm...both I guess

9 Do you like big and bold patterns or do you find yourself staying away from them? I don't gravitate to bold patterns, but I'm not really afraid of them, either.

10 If needed do you recolor items to fit your layout or find the correct colored item from another kit? I rarely recolor.

11 If you could sit down and scrapbook with 1 person who would it be? I would love to scrapbook with most of the ladies on this forum, so I don't choose!

12 Do you stick with 1 kit when scrapbooking or do you mix and match? Since I'm on the Creative Team, I do a lot of single kit scrapping, but when I have free rein I rarely stick to one kit.

13 Where do you find inspiration for layouts?  Do you look through a gallery and scraplift or go to places like pinterest? I have organized my Pinterest board with a lot of subcategories for scrapping inspiration (i.e. "Pattern-rific" or "Clean and Simple"), but I am always pinning ScrapGirls Gallery layouts there as well. I go to Pinterest for kick-start inspiration, just browsing through, and a way to work with a kit or a photo will come to me.

14 Layout templates…love them or leave them? I am an infrequent user of layout templates, but the longer I scrap the more some seem to make it into my shopping cart. I tend to forget about them, though, so bad on me.

15 Do you budget what you can spend monthly on kits or if you love it do you automatically purchase it? I wait for the sales.

16 Do you like bright and colorful or more neutral colored kits? Both, although I would say my "color" palette tends more toward earth tones than bright. Being on the Creative Team has encouraged me to use colors I probably wouldn't gravitate toward naturally, so I find that fun and interesting.

17 Do you keep your kits organized by the kit or do you break them up and have all papers in one place, flowers together, etc. I actually do both since my PC has a lot of memory.

18 Do you use styles?  If so what’s your favorite type of style to use?  What styles do you wish we had more of? No, styles aren't part of my scrapping software.

19 Who are some of your favorite SG’s designers and why (maybe it’s because of their clean design style, maybe you love their papers, maybe you love the colors they design in) An impossible question to answer. I appreciate something about each of the designers and how her style influences my own. I'm pretty sure I've got at least one kit from all of the current designers. I wander a lot, LOL.

20 Show me 2 things 1: a layout you created that you are most proud of  2: a layout someone from the gallery or a product page that you are in love with.  Please leave a link to the gallery or product page that you found the layout. 1) This Bride layout was one of my personal favorites. 2) I always enjoy looking at how mimes1 organizes her layouts and titles with such singular creativity, and Birds and Me is one that really illustrates that.

1 Do you use a desktop or laptop?  Desktop

2 Favorite place to scrapbook?  At my desk on my desktop! LOL

3 How often during the week do you find time to sit down and scrap?  Everyday, usually in the evening after my mom goes to bed. Sometimes I can leave a layout open during the day and I can pick at it. 

4 What software do you use?  CC22

5 How long does it usually take you to create a layout?  Some come together pretty fast, others not so much. On average I would guess a couple of hours?

6 Do you have a favorite beverage or snack you have to have when you sit down to scrap? Definitely coffee. 

7 Is there one digi technique you would really like to learn?  I'd like to understand blending better. I love the basics and use them all the time, but I'd like to graduate to more advanced, more artistic techniques. 

8 Do you love to use mask? If so, do you find yourself blending photos or papers more?  Yes, I use both  - the more blending the better! 

9 Do you like big and bold patterns or do you find yourself staying away from them? Big and Bold is good! 

10 If needed do you recolor items to fit your layout or find the correct colored item from another kit? I do both - if the element is already on the page and I like it, and later decide it's not the right color I would recolor. If I'm looking for just the right thing in just the right color, I would find whatever suits. That's a non answer if I ever saw one! Haha.

11 If you could sit down and scrapbook with 1 person who would it be?  That's kind of like making me choose my favorite kid. So many neat ladies at SG with so many interesting styles, and so many friendships made and more being developed!  I can't pick just one. Sounds like we need a meet up so we can all scrap together. 

12 Do you stick with 1 kit when scrapbooking or do you mix and match? I almost always mix and match. 

13 Where do you find inspiration for layouts?  Do you look through a gallery and scraplift or go to places like pinterest? I look at the gallery mostly, but I also go to Gallery Standouts. I've been doing more challenges this year, and I've scrapped photos that never would have been otherwise so thats inspiring to me too. 

14 Layout templates…love them or leave them? LOVE them. Almost always start with them, but switch them up and combine to make each layout unique. 

15 Do you budget what you can spend monthly on kits or if you love it do you automatically purchase it?  I pretty much automatically purchase - Don't tell Mark. My secret is safe in my small, tiny EHD!

16 Do you like bright and colorful or more neutral colored kits?   I tend to go BOLD! 

17 Do you keep your kits organized by the kit or do you break them up and have all papers in one place, flowers together, etc. I keep all my collections in tact. I'll store add ons or related components with the main collection.  

18 Do you use styles?  If so what’s your favorite type of style to use?  What styles do you wish we had more of?   I do use styles. My most used is shadowing styles. I use them on virtually every layout. 

19 Who are some of your favorite SG’s designers and why (maybe it’s because of their clean design style, maybe you love their papers, maybe you love the colors they design in)   I love the blended watercolor style of Carol Wenxin, I love the traditional style, with the super cute dolls,  of Blue Heart Scraps! I have practically every single thing Amanda FT has ever created, and Angies blended papers are the best. Kimeric is also one of my favorites. I love the color palettes she uses and the grunge elements. I could go down the list and name a unique favorite thing from pretty much every designer! 

20 Show me 2 things 1: a layout you created that you are most proud of  2: a layout someone from the gallery or a product page that you are in love with.  Please leave a link to the gallery or product page that you found the layout.  A layout I'm proud of: Here, and a layout I love is @Jane in N.Z Jane's layout Here

1 Do you use a desktop or laptop? Both, but primarily desktop

2 Favorite place to scrapbook? sitting in front of the television 

3 How often during the week do you find time to sit down and scrap? It comes and goes- sometimes every night, sometimes a few night a week.

4 What software do you use? Photoshohp

5 How long does it usually take you to create a layout? 15 minutes to an hour, it depends on how decorated I want it

6 Do you have a favorite beverage or snack you have to have when you sit down to scrap? not really 

7 Is there one digi technique you would really like to learn? I'm pretty basic with my techniques- I suppose I would like to get better at extracting.

8 Do you love to use mask? If so, do you find yourself blending photos or papers more? Not too often.

9 Do you like big and bold patterns or do you find yourself staying away from them? I stay away from them. 

10 If needed do you recolor items to fit your layout or find the correct colored item from another kit? I would recolor it if it wasn't too complicated. 

11 If you could sit down and scrapbook with 1 person who would it be? hmmm, good question- I guess it would be Brandy Murry. I love her work!

12 Do you stick with 1 kit when scrapbooking or do you mix and match? Usually I do, but it depends on if the kit has everything I need. 

13 Where do you find inspiration for layouts?  Do you look through a gallery and scraplift or go to places like pinterest? When I purchase a kit from Scrapgirls, I look through the samples that the designer's provide and pin my favorite ones to Pinterest. That way when I am ready to use that kit, I have inspiration. 

14 Layout templates…love them or leave them? Love them! 

15 Do you budget what you can spend monthly on kits or if you love it do you automatically purchase it? I have a credit card that has a $200 limit. It provides cash back rewards. So, as long as I stay within that limit, I am good. I just pay it off each month. 

16 Do you like bright and colorful or more neutral colored kits? I really do not like bright and colorful. I favor more muted or natural colors. 

17 Do you keep your kits organized by the kit or do you break them up and have all papers in one place, flowers together, etc. I keep kits together. 

18 Do you use styles?  If so what’s your favorite type of style to use?  What styles do you wish we had more of? I love styles! I use Paper Borders in almost EVERY kit!  I would love more styles that provide different frames around photos. 

19 Who are some of your favorite SG’s designers and why (maybe it’s because of their clean design style, maybe you love their papers, maybe you love the colors they design in) Brandy Murry, Angie Briggs, and AFT Designs are my top 3. I love more natural looks and realistic items. I don't like the "cartoony" items. 

20 Show me 2 things 1: a layout you created that you are most proud of  2: a layout someone from the gallery or a product page that you are in love with. I think that this is a page that I am very proud of. I love how the colors match perfectly, and the page really shows the feeling I wanted to get across. This is one of my favorite pages. @SeeWhatSueSaw does such a great job with color and composition. I love her work! 

1 Do you use a desktop or laptop? Desktop

2 Favorite place to scrapbook? My study

3 How often during the week do you find time to sit down and scrap? Too often to count but at least once a day so long as I'm near my computer.

4 What software do you use? PSE9

5 How long does it usually take you to create a layout? If it goes well, about an hour

6 Do you have a favorite beverage or snack you have to have when you sit down to scrap? I sometimes eat entire meals in front of my computer!

7 Is there one digi technique you would really like to learn? I'm never very confident with shadows.

8 Do you love to use mask? If so, do you find yourself blending photos or papers more? I blend photos more often than papers

9 Do you like big and bold patterns or do you find yourself staying away from them? I love them but they scare me!

10 If needed do you recolor items to fit your layout or find the correct colored item from another kit? I quite often recolour

11 If you could sit down and scrapbook with 1 person who would it be? tough one - I think it would be Brandy Murry - I love her style.

12 Do you stick with 1 kit when scrapbooking or do you mix and match? It depends. sometimes a collection will fit the bill exactly, but more often I pick and choose from different places.

13 Where do you find inspiration for layouts?  Do you look through a gallery and scraplift or go to places like pinterest? Inspiration comes from many places; scraplifting is the easiest but usually my LOs look nithing like the original inspiration.

14 Layout templates…love them or leave them? Most of them are in square format and as I scrap in A4 they're not of much use.

15 Do you budget what you can spend monthly on kits or if you love it do you automatically purchase it? No a budget as such but I try not to go over board

16 Do you like bright and colorful or more neutral colored kits? Horses for courses. Bright primary colours for pages about the grands or fun events, neutrals for heritage pages.

17 Do you keep your kits organized by the kit or do you break them up and have all papers in one place, flowers together, etc. Tried breaking them up in the early days but it was too slow. Now I use Picasa and I can find anything I want very easily.

18 Do you use styles?  If so what’s your favorite type of style to use?  What styles do you wish we had more of? Not a fan of styles other than shadows. I occasionally use a gold or metallic style

19 Who are some of your favorite SG’s designers and why (maybe it’s because of their clean design style, maybe you love their papers, maybe you love the colors they design in) As I said earlier, I love Brandy Murry's style and I was fond too of Ginny Whitcomb's work. Aimee Harrison's whimsy and bright colours are a favourite when I'm scrapping childish things.

This is not the best LO I've ever done but it so expressed the mood I was in at the time.

Jane in N.Z's work for the Who I Am challenge in May was exceptional and I loved that she was able to keep that mood throughout the month.

1 Do you use a desktop or laptop?
Laptop

2 Favorite place to scrapbook?
On the couch in our front room.

3 How often during the week do you find time to sit down and scrap?
Almost every morning.  

4 What software do you use?
The Affinity Suite... Photo, Designer and Publisher
Similar to Photoshop but no yearly subscription.

5 How long does it usually take you to create a layout?
It varies, but most of the time I complete it in one sitting but often go back and tweak it the next day before sharing.  I'd say on average a couple of hours.

6 Do you have a favorite beverage or snack you have to have when you sit down to scrap?
Coffee or something else to drink.

7 Is there one digi technique you would really like to learn?
I love learning and am always trying to learn something new for scrapbooking. 

8 Do you love to use mask? If so, do you find yourself blending photos or papers more?
I only use masks occasionally.  I feel they lend more to an artsy style which isn't really my style but some time they are perfect for what I am working on.  If I do use them it is almost always for a photo.  

9 Do you like big and bold patterns or do you find yourself staying away from them?
It totally depends on what photos I am working on but mostly I don't use big bold patterns.

10 If needed do you recolor items to fit your layout or find the correct colored item from another kit?
Both... I will sometimes recolor using the color palette from the kit I am using but other times I will look elsewhere for something from another kit.  

11 If you could sit down and scrapbook with 1 person who would it be?
I honestly have no idea. 

12 Do you stick with 1 kit when scrapbooking or do you mix and match?
Again it depends, I am often doing layout for creative teams so then I stick with the new release kit as would be expected but if I am working on something else I may mix and match kits.  

Pinterest.. I love it!  So many great sketches and layouts shared there, but other times my inspiration comes from challenges.  

14 Layout templates…love them or leave them?
Mostly I don't use them as I find it is just as easy for me to use a sketch from Pinterest to create a layout as fits my photos, but if it is a Creative Team assignment for a challenge I will use a template.  

15 Do you budget what you can spend monthly on kits or if you love it do you automatically purchase it?
I don't have a budget but don't really spend that much monthly on kits but have a ton! ;) 

16 Do you like bright and colorful or more neutral colored kits?
It totally depends on the photos I am using.  

By kits... sorted by kit name or theme with the designers initials at the end of the kit name so I can find them easily.  I do have a few folders for basics that use over and over like staples, tabs, etc.

Affinity does not support styles. 

19 Who are some of your favorite SG’s designers and why (maybe it’s because of their clean design style, maybe you love their papers, maybe you love the colors they design in)
Blue Heart Scraps, Chere Kaye Designs, Aimee Harrison, Connie Prince; I love their style, not overly artsy, they create kits that fit my style.  

Here is a layout which I created and it's not so much the design that I am proud of but what the topic of the layout, the first time that my grandson read a book to me.  
https://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/community/gallery/image/286602-read/

I really like this layout by dunkie, the cute puppy and the clean lines.  
https://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/community/gallery/image/284444-bhs_loveyousmore-webjpg/

14 hours ago, SodScrap said:

1. This is a recent favorite of my little Bo Man
  2. This layout from Florida granny jumped out at me yesterday: http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/201579-june-25-ww-sale-a-bration-challenge-plaid/?do=findComment&comment=891387 Using Tami Miller’s Remember When
    Thank you so much for picking my layout!! :lovey-smilie:

1 Do you use a desktop or laptop? Laptop

2 Favorite place to scrapbook? Living room

3 How often during the week do you find time to sit down and scrap? Almost every day

4 What software do you use? GIMP 2.8

5 How long does it usually take you to create a layout? Around 2 hours more or less, but depends of the layout' style, for example a minimalist, around 45 mins.

6 Do you have a favorite beverage or snack you have to have when you sit down to scrap? Coffee

7 Is there one digi technique you would really like to learn? I love learning, and for sure I don't know yet everything about scrapbooking.

8 Do you love to use mask? If so, do you find yourself blending photos or papers more? Love to use masks

9 Do you like big and bold patterns or do you find yourself staying away from them? Depends of the pattern image, for example love big flowers, but for backgrounds I prefer solids, it's easier to add shadows, etc.,

10 If needed do you recolor items to fit your layout or find the correct colored item from another kit? I simply recolor items or papers.

11 If you could sit down and scrapbook with 1 person who would it be? Many talented girls, and so many digi friends that I would love to meet, I guess the first one that could reach.

12 Do you stick with 1 kit when scrapbooking or do you mix and match? Usually I stick with 1 kit.

13 Where do you find inspiration for layouts?  Do you look through a gallery and scraplift or go to places like pinterest? Galleries are better fountain of inspiration

14 Layout templates…love them or leave them? Love templates

15 Do you budget what you can spend monthly on kits or if you love it do you automatically purchase it? I simply purchase it

16 Do you like bright and colorful or more neutral colored kits? Both of them

17 Do you keep your kits organized by the kit or do you break them up and have all papers in one place, flowers together, etc. I keep them "organized" by kit, but my stash are a mess.

18 Do you use styles?  If so what’s your favorite type of style to use?  What styles do you wish we had more of? Sometimes, specially glitters that come in sheet, GIMP doesn't recognize asl files. So I really like that some designers includes the glitters sheets, like Aimee Harrison.

19 Who are some of your favorite SG’s designers and why (maybe it’s because of their clean design style, maybe you love their papers, maybe you love the colors they design in) I love the realistic style from Angie Briggs, Aimee Harrison, Helly and Laitha Art Studio. The watercolor and whimsical style from Aftermidnight Designs, AFT, CarolW Designs, Butterfly Designs and Sekada. The bold and versatile style from Blue Heart Scraps, Connie Prince, Cheré Kaye Designs, Trixie Scraps and Laura Louie, and the fun designs from Bee Creation, Veronica Springs and Adrienne Skelton.

20 Show me 2 things 1: a layout you created that you are most proud of  2: a layout someone from the gallery or a product page that you are in love with.  Please leave a link to the gallery or product page that you found the layout. I really love this layout that I made, I feel that I really reach what I wanted. I really love this sweet page made by @effie4037, especially the baby's smile.

Thank you so much for the fun game and for hosting dear Conda, wishing you a wonderful Monday!

15 hours ago, Celestine said:

20 Show me 2 things 1: a layout you created that you are most proud of  2: a layout someone from the gallery or a product page that you are in love with.  Please leave a link to the gallery or product page that you found the layout. 1) This Bride layout was one of my personal favorites. 2) I always enjoy looking at how mimes1 organizes her layouts and titles with such singular creativity, and Birds and Me is one that really illustrates that.

Thank you @Celestine - I'm honored that you enjoyed my layout. 

16 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

11 If you could sit down and scrapbook with 1 person who would it be? Thats hard but I'd love to learn some of ladyscrapalot's and mimes1 techniques but also I'd like to sit and scrap with SG friends and chat while scrapping :) 

@Jane in N.Z @ I'd love to sit and scrap with you and @ladyscrapalot too and tap into both of your creativities!

@SodScrap   This is such a fun game, Conda and I'm really enjoying reading everyone's responses.

And, I think I have to up my game!  I sure am impressed with everyone's layout-creating times.   I thought I was a slow scrapper, but my gosh, I'm even slower than I thought!

And, to all my dear SG friends, I wish we all could be in a room together scrapping and chatting.   Wouldn't that be the best?   ?

@barbaraj lol @ 14 Layout templates…love them or leave them? I stay as far away from templates as I can. They irritate me and take too much time.  * @MariJ used to feel this way also.

@MariJ I would have been surprised if this wasn't your answer: If you could sit down and scrapbook with 1 person who would it be?   Can I say Jody? She was so fun, but I never met her in person like you did!

@beatricemi 7 Is there one digi technique you would really like to learn? extracting!!!!!!!  * *Same girl, same!

@ladyscrapalot 10 If needed do you recolor items to fit your layout or find the correct colored item from another kit? I guess it would depend on the item. if it was a simple item like a button or ribbon I would try to recolor it.  *Me, I just never think about recoloring!!

@wvufan04 7 Is there one digi technique you would really like to learn? I really want to improve my shadowing technique *I have never tried to do my own shadows, I've always used styles.  Guess I'm a cheater.

@Florida granny 15 Do you budget what you can spend monthly on kits or if you love it do you automatically purchase it?  I'm so bad; if I love it, I'll buy it. *oh, we ARE kindred spirits!

@H Keith 11 If you could sit down and scrapbook with 1 person who would it be?  Linda Sattgast  *Oh, good choice, but I think this would be intimidating.

@Jane in N.Z 9 Do you like big and bold patterns or do you find yourself staying away from them?  Love them and will use them if the photo needs them or AJ page otherwise not. *You create amazing AJ pages!!  I just can't make them???

@Celestine 19 Who are some of your favorite SG’s designers and why (maybe it’s because of their clean design style, maybe you love their papers, maybe you love the colors they design in) An impossible question to answer. I appreciate something about each of the designers and how her style influences my own. I'm pretty sure I've got at least one kit from all of the current designers. I wander a lot, LOL.  *It's like picking a favorite child!

11 hours ago, MariJ said:

@SodScrap   This is such a fun game, Conda and I'm really enjoying reading everyone's responses.

And, I think I have to up my game!  I sure am impressed with everyone's layout-creating times.   I thought I was a slow scrapper, but my gosh, I'm even slower than I thought!

And, to all my dear SG friends, I wish we all could be in a room together scrapping and chatting.   Wouldn't that be the best?   ?

LOL.  Some of my layouts are quick(er) and some are slow(er).  You can't rush art!  LOL. ?

@mimes1 15 Do you budget what you can spend monthly on kits or if you love it do you automatically purchase it?  I pretty much automatically purchase - Don't tell Mark. My secret is safe in my small, tiny EHD!  *SAME  one fo the many great reasons to scrapbook digitally.  No one REALLY knows how much is on that 8TB EHD....

@Laura 5 How long does it usually take you to create a layout? 15 minutes to an hour, it depends on how decorated I want it  *I feel this is a lie, I have scrapped with you in person and cannot imagine you taking an hour on any layout.  LOL.  But, your longest is probably my shortest, so there's that.

@englishrose  13 Where do you find inspiration for layouts?  Do you look through a gallery and scraplift or go to places like pinterest? Inspiration comes from many places; scraplifting is the easiest but usually my LOs look nothing like the original inspiration.  *Ohhhh.  I feel this way.  Sometimes I hate to say it's scraplifted because it doesn't look anything like the original.

@KristiM 18 Do you use styles?  If so what’s your favorite type of style to use?  What styles do you wish we had more of?
Affinity does not support styles. *This would be hard for me!  I remember the "aha" moment when I learned to use styles.  Although if that had never been an option, I wouldn't miss them!

@GraceJ 12 Do you stick with 1 kit when scrapbooking or do you mix and match? Usually I stick with 1 kit.  *Same!!  I feel like they did all the work to coordinate everything so I take advantage of their talent!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SodScrap said:

@mimes1 15 Do you budget what you can spend monthly on kits or if you love it do you automatically purchase it?  I pretty much automatically purchase - Don't tell Mark. My secret is safe in my small, tiny EHD!  *SAME  one fo the many great reasons to scrapbook digitally.  No one REALLY knows how much is on that 8TB EHD....

I laughed out loud when I read your answer, Amy!  It's so true, no one knows how much scrapping stash we own since it's on the computer.
And, WOWIE!   8TB sounds like heaven!

@SodScrap hahahah! I have my moments, lol.  

@mimes1 I totally agree about "hiding" our purchases!  This is much easier than walking out of the scrapbook store with a tiny bag that looks almost empty but contains items costing about $100!