Applying more than one style to a layer?

I recently upgraded to Photoshop CC (from CS6) and I've noticed a few basic differences.  One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to apply more than one preset style (asl) to a layer.  In the old versions of PS, all I had to do was apply the first style, then press "Shift" while applying the second style.  This doesn't work anymore in PS CC - how do I apply more than one style to a layer?  For example, right now I'm trying to apply one of FlorJu's art journal styles AND a shadow style to a layer.  Can I do this without duplicating the layer?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/layer-effects-styles.html

At almost 7 minutes in, she explains how to do it. Briefly, you apply one style in the usual manner, by clicking on the style preset. Then, hold shift down, and drag and drop the second layer style you want to use onto that layer in the layers panel or even directly onto the object on your layout.

Thanks for asking this question - I'd tried to figure this out for myself over a year ago, and gave up. No Google search yielded what I wanted, so I just started adding shadows manually, which is the usual scenario where I wanted to have a second style applied. I'm excited to know how to do it in CC!

• Like 1

Well this is exciting news! Thank you for hunting it out @Cheri T

I just tried this, and dragging and dropping from the button view of the styles palette WORKS AMAZING! This just made my day and opens up a whole new world! :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/3/2022 at 5:40 PM, Cheri T said:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/layer-effects-styles.html

At almost 7 minutes in, she explains how to do it. Briefly, you apply one style in the usual manner, by clicking on the style preset. Then, hold shift down, and drag and drop the second layer style you want to use onto that layer in the layers panel or even directly onto the object on your layout.

Thanks for asking this question - I'd tried to figure this out for myself over a year ago, and gave up. No Google search yielded what I wanted, so I just started adding shadows manually, which is the usual scenario where I wanted to have a second style applied. I'm excited to know how to do it in CC!

TY!!!