Anniversary Idea

angleigh

Ok ladies...I've started thinking about what to do this year for our Anniversary event, but then it hit me.  Why not see what you all would like to do?  So let me know, are there games you really enjoy?  Something you'd like for us to do?  Now is the time to let me know!

• Like 1

A few years ago, I was participating on another forum (I am still a member but barely active there these days), and they had a game I liked. I don't recall what it was named, but it was like a chain game. I think they usually did it with colors, but it would be fun with embellishments as well. We've played something similar with the hunting games for certain embellishments in kits in stores. Like find a kit with a squirrel, then the person who finds the kit puts it up and says "find a kit with a boat" and so on.

Someone would start the post: Do a layout with pink and green. Then the next person would say, "I'll take pink and green and the next assignment is red and white." Then after scrappers take their assignments, they go back and edit their post with a link to their layout in the gallery. They can play as often as they want all month, but can't take another assignment until the previous one is done and can't go twice in a row. Each LO is a chance to win the gift card.

This game could be played with colors, embellishments, types of patterns, techniques, ScrapSimple products, etc.

I remember doing "whack-a....." whomever pages which were fun.  Or, maybe a challenge could be to give everyone the same figure or photo or whatever to see what each person does with it.

It was also really fun to have unexpected things popping up on the Forum.    Sorta like you did during Sale-A-Bration Angie where you popped in and had a winner for a game.

Still thinking....  

Perhaps some you could use Anniversary gift ideas by year. I found an article that list the traditional, the modern gift by year they also listed 2 color and gemstone by anniversary year. For example, year one the traditional gift was paper, the modern is clocks, the colors are gold or yellow and the gemstone is gold. 

• Like 1

I also really liked the little Collections that were offered during the early Anniversary days - "Super Seven" for the seventh Anniversary,  "Fab Five" for the fifth, etc.   Each one had a corresponding number of pieces to the year's number.  Which might be too high now, ? but I have quite a few of those and love them!