Anyone Using Acdsee, Question For You!

Guest dawnsmemories

Guest dawnsmemories
Ok - I just downloaded the free trial as everyone was so positive about it. I have muddled through quite a bit and started organizing. My question is, if I find somehting I then want to use in a digital layout, do I then have to open the file in PSE4 or is there a way to click on it within ACDsee and it open into PSE? Or is this just a way to view and then open things as usual, but it may be easier to find as you hav ethe exact name?

Thanks for your help!
Dawn

Dawn,

You can open files in your Photo Editor from within ACDSee.

To set this up, first go to Tools>Open In Editor>Configure Editor. From the Dialog Box that opens, select "Add." This will allow you to browse to your Photo Editor's (PSE?) .exe file. For PSE, you should be able to go to Program Files>Adobe>Photoshop Elements 4.0. Now, you can double-click on the icon that says "PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe". It will be at the end of the folder's list of contents.

Now, click "OK" in the dialog box, and making sure that PSE4 is highlighted, click "Set As Default" from the right side of the box, and then click "OK".

Now, when you find a file that you want to work with in PSE4, just right click on the file in ACDSee, and choose "Edit" (it will be the second choice down from the top). It should automatically launch PSE4, if it's not already open, and open your file in it.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you get lost!

:dancingcow: Good answer HeidiD!! :dancingelephant: (these dancing animals are too cute! I grew up on a dairy farm -- our cows never danced though)

And once you set that up -- the default editor as Heidi gave instr's for -

There are a couple of other options:

1) select one or more items & use Ctrl E and they'll open in PSE (the E stands for Editor)

2) and when you scrap - you have both windows open, so you can also click on the thumbnail & drag it into pse.
(that's what my sister does - I use Ctrl E -- both work)

Guest dawnsmemories
Thank you so much! I am printing them now and will work on it after 24!!!! Season premiere and can't miss it!
Dawn

[quote name='dawnsmemories' post='83889' date='Jan 14 2007, 06:57 PM']Thank you so much! I am printing them now and will work on it after 24!!!! Season premiere and can't miss it!
Dawn[/quote]

My sister & I [url="http://www.digiscrapinfo.com/files/files.php?cat=2"]wrote tutorials for ACDSee[/url] & they can be found here at [url="http://www.digiscrapinfo.com/forum/"]our new website[/url] & you can also ask questions there. Although HeidiD can probably help here too! :)

I had ACDSee on this computer and took it off. I didn't realize all of it's capabilities at the time. I messed around with it I think for about a week and decided I didn't have time to learn it too. Apparently it is much easier than I thought, may have to reinstall it one day.

[quote name='momentousangel' post='83920' date='Jan 14 2007, 07:37 PM']I had ACDSee on this computer and took it off. I didn't realize all of it's capabilities at the time. I messed around with it I think for about a week and decided I didn't have time to learn it too. Apparently it is much easier than I thought, may have to reinstall it one day.[/quote]

We've tried to make it easy for people. (I've answered so many questions on it - I finally wrote them down! and shared with everyone)

Archived