Gallery: Uploading to Multiple Folders

KristiM

I am sorry if this has been answered before but I did some searching and can't find the answer I am looking for.  
When uploading to the Gallery is there a way to upload to multiple folders?  
For instance if I am doing a challenge layout but it is using a collab kit I would like to upload it to the challenge gallery as well as personal folders I have created to give credit for each designer.  The only way I have been able to figure out how to do that is to upload the image 3 separate times which seems very unnecessary.  I know I can use the "credit" space when uploading to note the designers as well as my layout description but that doesn't seem as appropriate as adding to folder for that designers.  

I find it hard to figure out the best way to give the designers credit when I can't upload directly to a folder where all of their layouts go and I can't "tag" them.  If I just wanted to browse through a gallery for one particular designer to see what others have created using their kits I don't see a way to do that.  

My other sort of related question, I have created 2 personal folders for designers for whom I am on their creative teams, but for some reason I have another folder showing up in my choices called "Faith-spiration© w/Amanda's Digital Studio" which I have never uploaded to and don't understand why it shows up in my member gallery folder options.  

As long as you include the designer's name in the description of your layout, it will be easy to find in a search.

Go the the gallery tab of the forum, click on the search box. The default is "Everywhere.: but you can click on "More Options" to refine your search. If you choose "Images" it will only show gallery images. You can enter the designer's name, but often the initials will show more results because some members put the file names of the products used..

There is no requirement on the forum to have CT images in particular named galleries. You could put all your CT images in a single album or in the challenge galleries, and as long as you put the designer's name(s) in the description, it will come up in a gallery search. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, April Showers said:

@KristiM Marilyn is correct. There isn't a way to have an image show in multiple galleries. You should be able to tag a designer in your description. We have done it before, but I can check to make sure it still works.

I know other sites use this same software and their gallery has a "tag" option turned on in the gallery so you can tag them, but only the "credit" option is available here which doesn't work the same way.  Also being able to upload into a common gallery with the designer's name would help keep the designers' CT layouts all together, but that also isn't an option here.  

2 minutes ago, April Showers said:

As long as you include the designer's name in the description of your layout, it will be easy to find in a search.

Go the the gallery tab of the forum, click on the search box. The default is "Everywhere.: but you can click on "More Options" to refine your search. If you choose "Images" it will only show gallery images. You can enter the designer's name, but often the initials will show more results because some members put the file names of the products used..

There is no requirement on the forum to have CT images in particular named galleries. You could put all your CT images in a single album or in the challenge galleries, and as long as you put the designer's name(s) in the description, it will come up in a gallery search. 

Thank you... that is helpful!  I didn't think about simply doing a search for the designers' name.  
I always feel it is important to give the designers proper credit even when I am not uploading for a CT assignment so wanted to make sure I was doing things the best way here.  

44 minutes ago, KristiM said:

I know other sites use this same software and their gallery has a "tag" option turned on in the gallery so you can tag them, but only the "credit" option is available here which doesn't work the same way.  Also being able to upload into a common gallery with the designer's name would help keep the designers' CT layouts all together, but that also isn't an option here.  

It simply isn't turned on in the forum. I can look into it.

@April Showers I'm curious (and kind of excited if so)..... Would tagging also mean we could do a search for a certain type of layout in the search bar? For instance, I remember when I was doing my daughter's wedding photobook there weren't all that many layouts loaded in the "Wedding" Gallery for me to look at for inspiration, but I later discovered so many more around various other ScrapGirls galleries. Many had been done for challenges and loaded in those galleries. Since many layout titles in the challenge galleries relate to the challenge rather than the subject of the layout, they don't really come up in a specific subject search. It might be cool to be able to tag and search layouts we put in challenge galleries for actual subjects, like wedding, pets, school, travel, etc. I really hope so! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Celestine said:

@April Showers I'm curious (and kind of excited if so)..... Would tagging also mean we could do a search for a certain type of layout in the search bar? For instance, I remember when I was doing my daughter's wedding photobook there weren't all that many layouts loaded in the "Wedding" Gallery for me to look at for inspiration, but I later discovered so many more around various other ScrapGirls galleries. Many had been done for challenges and loaded in those galleries. Since many layout titles in the challenge galleries relate to the challenge rather than the subject of the layout, they don't really come up in a specific subject search. It might be cool to be able to tag and search layouts we put in challenge galleries for actual subjects, like wedding, pets, school, travel, etc. I really hope so! 

I have a tab open with the details for how to turn it on, but I need to finish up a few other things before I can spend time on it. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 5:32 AM, Celestine said:

Would tagging also mean we could do a search for a certain type of layout in the search bar? For instance, I remember when I was doing my daughter's wedding photobook there weren't all that many layouts loaded in the "Wedding" Gallery for me to look at for inspiration, but I later discovered so many more around various other ScrapGirls galleries. Many had been done for challenges and loaded in those galleries. Since many layout titles in the challenge galleries relate to the challenge rather than the subject of the layout, they don't really come up in a specific subject search. It might be cool to be able to tag and search layouts we put in challenge galleries for actual subjects, like wedding, pets, school, travel, etc. I really hope so! 

I can set it up so that you can tag that way. Though it would only be for layouts going forward. While you can edit previous layouts to add tags, it will bring them to the front page of the latest layouts in the gallery. Using the search feature, like I mentioned in an earlier post will find layouts with "wedding" (or whatever your search for) in the title or in the details. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, April Showers said:

I've turned the tags on. I've set it up with limited tags, all the designers are included as well as some events, holidays and seasons. If there is something you'd like, let me know. I just wanted to make it easier to find similar items. I plan to add more tags to the list as needed. 

Thank you so much!  Going to go tag some of my layout now! :) 

Thank You @April Showers!!! You selected a perfect set of tags to get us started! I went back to two baby layouts I loaded this month, one of which did not have baby in the title or anywhere in the comments, and it worked just fine on a search. However, I noticed that the two layouts I edited did go to the front of the images feed on the Forum home page even though they did not move to front of the gallery on the Gallery page. I guess editing a layout bumps it to the front on the images feed, but not the gallery?

11 hours ago, Celestine said:

Thank You @April Showers!!! You selected a perfect set of tags to get us started! I went back to two baby layouts I loaded this month, one of which did not have baby in the title or anywhere in the comments, and it worked just fine on a search. However, I noticed that the two layouts I edited did go to the front of the images feed on the Forum home page even though they did not move to front of the gallery on the Gallery page. I guess editing a layout bumps it to the front on the images feed, but not the gallery?

I found that when I edited the details, the layout went to the front of the forum, but when I only added tags, it didn't.

Also, the newer galleries had tagging turned off by default. The older galleries had it on when they were set up. I believe I've edited them all, but I don't know about the member galleries because there are so many. If you find a specific gallery that the option to tag doesn't show for, let me know and I'll try to turn the option on.

• Like 2

I had a question in the comments section of one of my tagged layouts on how to "Tag," so I thought I would recap in this thread.

There are two ways to tag your layouts.

1) Go to one of the ScrapGirls Galleries or your personal image gallery (under your profile login icon, click Profile, then See My Activity, then Images). Click on the layout to open it. In the info and comments bar on the right there will be a "+Add tag" button. Click on that button to see the pre-set available tags and add one or more. If the "+Add tag" button is not there, then you have loaded the layout into a gallery that has not been turned on. Notify April, and she should be able to turn it on for you. Note that adding a tag in this manner does not bump your layout to the front of the images feed on the Forum home page.

2) Open your layout from one of the ScrapGirls galleries or your personal image gallery. Under the manage image settings icon in the upper right, click on the down arrow and select "Edit Details." This will open a new window with an "Add Tags" button. Click on that for the pre-set tag options and select one or more. As before, if the add tag option is not there, you have loaded your image into a folder that has not been turned on for tags, and you will need to notify April to get it turned on. Editing the tag in this manner will bump your layout to the front of the images feed in the Forum home page.

• Thanks 1