Scrap Girls World Tour 2022

April Showers

2 hours ago, alsoarty said:

I hope you have Oxygen ready for us... I for sure will need it. A friend recently returned from there, and her and her friends had elevation illness.... but I'm in !

Xunantunich is only about 420 feet above sea level, so a few thousand feet lower than where you live, so you should be fine. :) 

Elevation sickness is common at Machu Picchu where the elevation is 7,970 feet above sea level. 

• Like 3

Wow @Florida granny so it was you, I wouldn't have expected it. I heard music closeby so that must have been @Jane in N.Z party. Im glad that @Mikelle got help getting on she really needs a vacation after all her wonderful challenges lately. I am so tired from our travels that it was an early night for us, good rest so now I am ready to have fun and make mischief on this fine vessel. The pool is very cold at this camp area so I think I will get in the hot tub by my stateroom...anyone want to join me...I have hired a bartender to serve us...party now!!! @alsoarty elevation can be tough. Even after 2 weeks at 8,000' from our  house at 13' to 14,118' on Pikes Peak really slowed us down...sapped our  strength, it was amazing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MariJ said:

Hmmmmm.. I wonder where everyone was today, I heard some partying last night!    What adventures we are having, everything I toured today was awesome and so interesting.   The rest of my time has been spent poolside.  ?‍♀️

I spent the day poolside. Watching the grandkids swim. ;)

• Like 3

Tuesday, September 6th 
Climbing all those steps and cave paddling yesterday left some of us a bit exhausted, so today we're heading to the beach.  

image.jpeg
If you’re still feeling adventurous, try snorkeling the Belize Barrier Reef. It is one of the largest in the world and has more than 100 types of coral and some 500 species of tropical fish. 

image.jpeg
Don't forget to get a photo at the Belize Sign Monument   

image.png

Add an Alpha to your layout 
Post your “Adventure” layout in the World Tour Gallery 

• Like 2

@H Keith He sounds like a winner. Cheers! 

I had a lot of fun in the waters here so decided to do a layout of some oldie photos of our grandkids when they first used my underwater camera... that was an adventure for sure!  Here's my Adventure.

Now to find that bartender. I saw some drinks with little umbrellas going by. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H Keith said:

Sorry ladies but I got sidetracked with a handsome middle-aged tourist.  He is a widow and I am widow and we both love food.  Tried the local cuisine and relaxing under an umbrella at the beach.  Cheers 

Ooohhh, sounds like fun!

I spent the day at the beach and snorkeling, saw lots of beautiful sea life and Andrea!  I thought that was you!  @alsoarty

Captain April, I hope you feel better soon!  @April Showers

I'm exhausted after this day, think I'll shower and sit on the deck awhile watching the water.........

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 8:01 AM, April Showers said:

Friday, September 2nd  
Before we head to our first destination, it's time for the Meet and Greet Pool Party. We have a few questions for our chit-chat day, feel free to ask your own as well. 

• Where is your dream vacation destination? You can have more than one. Let us know, even if you’ve already been there.  
  • When you travel, how many suitcases to you usually take? 
  • How many languages do you speak? What are they? 
  • What is the longest trip, tour, vacation, get-away, you have taken? 

Since I came a little bit late, I'm searching for my room, what it was beautiful and with internet. Time to go around, listen some music and enjoy some good food.

• Where is your dream vacation destination? I would love to visit Hawaii and Vienna (actually attend the New Year concert, that will be my dream come true)
  • When you travel, how many suitcases to you usually take? Just the necessary, and things that I can't buy during my destination. I try to bring with me just the basic.
  • How many languages do you speak? What are they? Finnish, English, Italian, French, Spanish and a little bit of Portuguese. Same like Andrea, I became hooked with the turkish shows and now I'm trying to learn Turkish, I heard is very similar to Finnish, especially some sounds, so I'm feeling very interested.
  • What is the longest trip, tour, vacation, get-away, you have taken? 1 month in the Lapland and Norway, I really loved that vacation, although it was pretty cold (autumn almost winter), and the windy almost frozen our heads (we forgot to bring with us hats), anyway, the landscapes were amazing, almost took from a fairy world.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, GraceJ said:

• How many languages do you speak? What are they? Finnish, English, Italian, French, Spanish and a little bit of Portuguese. Same like Andrea, I became hooked with the turkish shows and now I'm trying to learn Turkish, I heard is very similar to Finnish, especially some sounds, so I'm feeling very interested.

Wow Grace, that's really impressive!  

• Thanks 1

On 9/4/2022 at 10:37 PM, alsoarty said:

HERE is my first layout - music. (I chose this song, because it is my favorite Turkish song, that I discovered when watching a wonderful show, Mukize Doctor (Miracle Doctor)... it was the wedding dance at the end of the movie. I fell in love with it and now I have to listen to it at least once a day. Beautiful waltz. If you search on YouTube for Yağmurun Elleri - Yeni Türkü you can listen to it in Turkish.

What a beautiful waltz. @alsoarty  after listened it, I remember a turkish song that I like, in youtube you can find it M.F.Ö - Güllerin İçinden.
P.S.: I added Mukize Doctor to my list, currently I'm bingewatching Aşk Yeniden (Loving again), I started few days ago.

• Like 1

I spent the day on those beautiful Maya ruins and in the local museum, then to the beach to relax and have some walk. I found a nice place with shadow, and the view was amazing, so I took a book that I have in my bag and I read for a while, perfect for relax. Here's my page for adventure

• Like 1

Wednesday, September 7th
Today we’ve arrived in Buenos Aires, Argentina! The city entices visitors with a unique combination of European and South American appeal. With its broad boulevards, neoclassical architecture, and a slew of avant-garde museums, this cultured metropolis has earned the moniker "Paris of South America." 
image.jpeg
Our first stop is a visit to the Cemitério de Recoleta 

image.jpeg
This cemetery has over 6,400 mausoleums and is a crash course of architectural style through the ages. With marble statues and decorative iron gates this city of the dead is full of breathtaking art. Some of the mausoleums are relatively new, while others show their age in dust and disrepair. Peeking inside the crypts, you can see dusty, wooden coffins, carved marble coffins, shrines to the dead, relics, photos, and flowers. All clues to who is buried there and who was left behind.  
Start a Heritage Layout. You may use the architectural styles in the photo as inspiration, but it is not required 

• Like 2