Scrap Girls World Tour 2022

April Showers

Oh wow, I must have fallen asleep in my state room - two entire days have passed!  I woke up half laying inside my chocolate fountain... I can think of worse places to wake up!  Here is my New Orleans layout (layout #1):

Chaos

I stretched the requirement for this one; I mentioned music in the journaling, at least, but since I had photos from New Orleans years ago, I decided to scrap those.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, scrapgran said:

My EHD & computer are refusing to talk to each other so until I can sort something out I won’t be able to continue on the cruise. Hopefully I get it sorted & can join in again at another port.

I haven't been able to scrap the pages, but stay on the cruise anyway Laraine, it's fun to be together! 

Wow, this sure is an interesting spot to visit, I learned a lot today.   I thought I saw a few of my cruise mates scurrying around the towns, what did everyone do today?

It's quite hot out now, so you know where you'll find me...   Poolside with a book and cool drink!
 ?‍♀️?? 

Hope everyone stays out of trouble, we don't want to get kicked out!  

4 hours ago, Belle said:

I'm not good at heritage layouts. This one is going to be hard for me. ?

Agreed!  I don't really have any heritage type photos that are digital but do have some that my mom gave me.  Maybe I can manage to scan some with my phone to have a halfway decent quality.  Though I may be able to come up with something else.  ...Thinking cap on... ;) 

6 hours ago, Belle said:

I'm not good at heritage layouts. This one is going to be hard for me. ?

2 hours ago, KristiM said:

Agreed!  I don't really have any heritage type photos that are digital but do have some that my mom gave me.  Maybe I can manage to scan some with my phone to have a halfway decent quality.  Though I may be able to come up with something else.  ...Thinking cap on... ;) 

I don't know about you both, but in my 60's my younger photos look like Heritage photos!   Belle, maybe your wedding photo or early photos of you and Henry for your Grandkids to see?  ?   Maybe scrap how you both met, you wouldn't even have to use a photo it could be a photo less page!

• Like 2

While I certainly don't have any problems coming up with photos for heritage layouts, I'm focusing on getting the albums from 2000-2002 completed, so I'm doing a layout of my grandmother's funeral (2001) and including some of her younger photos. 

Feel free to interpret the challenge in a way that works for you. 
It would have been clever if I'd thought to make the challenges fit the layouts I need to get done, but I have a folder with "started" layouts that are 12x24 pages with all the photos from the event dumped onto them. I save them as .tiff files so I can see the thumbnails, and when I need to do a page, I scroll through them to see if one will work with the kit or challenge. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I just got back from scuba diving--- so who put the shark toy? in my stateroom???? fess up who was it?

I saw H Keith having lunch with a very handsome man, they were in a very intense conversation and didn't even see me. It might have been the captain!!!:drive1:So who is piloting this magical vessel????

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, April Showers said:

It would have been clever if I'd thought to make the challenges fit the layouts I need to get done, but I have a folder with "started" layouts that are 12x24 pages with all the photos from the event dumped onto them. I save them as .tiff files so I can see the thumbnails, and when I need to do a page, I scroll through them to see if one will work with the kit or challenge. 

Ohhhhhh, that is a very smart idea and ranks up with my other favorite tip of yours - writing the Project Life journaling down and adding the photos later which worked very well for me!  I'm never quite sure about .tiff templates and if I should save them and how much room they take up.  I love this tip, April! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MariJ said:

I'm never quite sure about .tiff templates and if I should save them and how much room they take up.  I love this tip, April! 

They work pretty much the same as the psd files. If you can see the thumbnails of the psd files in finder, then it really doesn't matter which you choose.
With templates, I only save the .tiff files simply so I don't need to open them to see what they are. You really don't need to keep both formats. The .tiff format is a bit more open when it comes to using the files with other software, but it is easy enough to open a psd file and save as a tiff if needed.
For the file sizes, which one is bigger depends a bit on the settings you're using. I checked a few layouts where I've saved both, and one format isn't consistently larger than the other.  The .tiff format can handle larger files sizes (4GB) than the .psd format (2GB), but the largest file I found in my scrapbook pages was 1.23GB.  Most are 500-700MB.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, April Showers said:

They work pretty much the same as the psd files. If you can see the thumbnails of the psd files in finder, then it really doesn't matter which you choose.
With templates, I only save the .tiff files simply so I don't need to open them to see what they are. You really don't need to keep both formats. The .tiff format is a bit more open when it comes to using the files with other software, but it is easy enough to open a psd file and save as a tiff if needed.
For the file sizes, which one is bigger depends a bit on the settings you're using. I checked a few layouts where I've saved both, and one format isn't consistently larger than the other.  The .tiff format can handle larger files sizes (4GB) than the .psd format (2GB), but the largest file I found in my scrapbook pages was 1.23GB.  Most are 500-700MB.

Thank you April for the explanation, I appreciate you checking and typing this all out.  I will have to try seeing if the thumbnails show in Mac, not sure if they will.   It's helpful to know about sizes, too and that normally there  isn't much of a difference.    ?

Thursday, September 8th 
Buenos Aires is the birthplace of the Tango, so we’ve scheduled private Tango lessons for you today!  
image.jpeg
It takes two to tango, so add two different types of embellishments to your page. The quantity and type of embellishment is up to you. (Your page may have more than two types of embellishments, you just need to add two.)
Post your “heritage” layouts in the World Tour Gallery 

• Like 2

I love to watch tango dancers but cannot do it so I hope to find a club in Buenos Aries where I can get a drink and be entertained by them. Anyone else want to go???

Here is my Heritage page. I used an old building in Havana but turned it sepia to make it look even older. Building in Havana are so amazing its a shame some are disintegrating.

Going to sit in the hot tub before going to the tango club tonight.

• Like 1

I never knew how to Tango and normally I have two left feet, but Jane @Jane in N.Z - you are a great teacher and I had a blast dancing away once I got the hang of it.   I was exhausted so finally went to bed but it sounded like there were a lot of rabble-rousers dancing the night away.   ?   I think I still hear the music playing, what a party that was!

I wonder what's up for today?   I'm off to look for some breakfast, anyone want to join me?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MariJ said:

I never knew how to Tango and normally I have two left feet, but Jane @Jane in N.Z - you are a great teacher and I had a blast dancing away once I got the hang of it.   I was exhausted so finally went to bed but it sounded like there were a lot of rabble-rousers dancing the night away.   ?   I think I still hear the music playing, what a party that was!

I wonder what's up for today?   I'm off to look for some breakfast, anyone want to join me?

I need breakfast, I’m with you Jane!

• Like 2