Scrap Girls World Tour 2022

April Showers

Sounds like a restful day when we've been so busy.   But, I'm sure we can get into trouble on this ship!    I wonder what everyone else is up to, I'm going to hunt up some breakfast, I hear there's an awesome Sunday buffet.    Then I'll sit at the pool awhile, anyone have any ideas or know what's happening on the ship today?

• Like 1

I am having a nice restful day other than a walk around the deck for some exercise. 

I enjoy leaving some love so off I go to the gallery. 

I really loved the tango dance, actually in Finland we love so much the tango, I don't know if you know this, but every year we have a tango festival, named Tango Markkinat, during summer, many guys go there and sing, and one is elected as the tango king, in such composition are chosen as well the best composers and dancers, and everyone can see the competition on tv.
So the tango class was a real pleasure, and walking around the streets it was pretty interesting. I really loved so much their architecture and some kind of drink called mate.

• Like 2

Monday, September 12th 
We had smooth sailing across the Atlantic. We’ve landed in Cape Town, South Africa and are going to crash in Belle’s granny flat. Thanks for inviting us all Belle!
image.jpeg
Today we’ll visit Boulders Beach where you can swim and interact with more than 2,000 African penguins.  
Start a layout with Black OR White as a primary color. 
Note: Your layout doesn't need to be black and white, it can have color, The background doesn't need to be solid black or white. Your layout just needs to have black or white (or even off white) as a dominant color.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, GraceJ said:

I really loved the tango dance, actually in Finland we love so much the tango, I don't know if you know this, but every year we have a tango festival, named Tango Markkinat, during summer, many guys go there and sing, and one is elected as the tango king, in such composition are chosen as well the best composers and dancers, and everyone can see the competition on tv.
So the tango class was a real pleasure, and walking around the streets it was pretty interesting. I really loved so much their architecture and some kind of drink called mate.

Thanks for sharing that with us. My hairdresser is from Finland, I'll have to ask her about it the next time I see her. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, April Showers said:

Monday, September 12th 
We had smooth sailing across the Atlantic. We’ve landed in Cape Town, South Africa and are going to crash in Belle’s granny flat. Thanks for inviting us all Belle!
image.jpeg
Today we’ll visit Boulders Beach where you can swim and interact with more than 2,000 African penguins.  

Everyone is welcome. When we were small, we used to go to Simon's Town on holiday every year. We had a cottage in what was called Froggy Pond and the beach we went to was Boulders Beach. That was before the penguins moved in. Today the people and penguins share the beach. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Belle said:

Everyone is welcome. When we were small, we used to go to Simon's Town on holiday every year. We had a cottage in what was called Froggy Pond and the beach we went to was Boulders Beach. That was before the penguins moved in. Today the people and penguins share the beach. 

That's so interesting, Belle - local history from a native, so cool!  It's wonderful to meet with you and really sit and talk and to actually see your gorgeous home, we've only ever seen in photos.   Nice to meet your family, too.   Thanks for the hospitality!  ?

• Like 1

Maybe Grace will give us a few tango lessons when we are at Belle granny flat. That is so hospitable of Belle to let us come visit I hope everyone can behave.

Belle loadsharing but be a real inconvenience for you...it interrupts your scrapping and your Henry's cooking

B&W page...yes that will be fun but I am hoping we get to see penguins....maybe they will be in Belle's pool.

Happy Scrapping.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2022 at 4:26 AM, Belle said:

Sunday 11 September. LSL done. Now to go make my water layout. Our loadshedding has started today again. Will be off 3 times today for 2.5 hours at a time. ?

That really sucks. My sister and family there hate when that happens. They have a generator thankfully.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, alsoarty said:

Yay Belle! We get to have a ‘brass’ right? With Henry as the chef. I’m excited! And make sure you have plenty of Boerewors, that’s what I miss most from South Africa. These ladies don’t know how yummy it is. ?

Sounds VERY intriguing and yummy too - can't wait!  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, April Showers said:

Note: Your layout doesn't need to be black and white, it can have color, The background doesn't need to be solid black or white. Your layout  just needs to have black or white (or even off white) as a dominant color.

Also, I added a little clarification to the challenge. We don't want to make it seem harder than it is. 

• Like 1

Tuesday, September 13th    :penguins:
I was obvious you enjoyed swimming and um, dancing with the penguins yesterday. 

Let’s take a cable car ride up to the top of Table Mountain, one of the New Seven Wonders of the world. We can sit and enjoy the views eating at Table Mountain Café. The peak is often shrouded in clouds with are referred to as “tablecloths.”  
image.png
Note from Andrea: Do not feed the cute (but obnoxious) Hyrax (Dassies in Afrikaans) that live on the top of the mountain. It is clearly marked "DO NOT FEED THE ANIMALS. " Did I see someone breaking this rule already? 

image.png

Add an overlay to your page. 

• Like 2

It was not me who fed the Hyrax as I do not believe in giving people food to animals as it often is not good for their digestive systems. 

My page being predominately black.... Matty

• Like 2