Scrap Girls World Tour 2022

April Showers

20 hours ago, alsoarty said:

Yay Belle! We get to have a ‘braai’ right? With Henry as the chef. I’m excited! And make sure you have plenty of Boerewors, that’s what I miss most from South Africa. These ladies don’t know how yummy it is. ?

Well since I didn't know what Boerewors were I looked up...that looks delicious. Our son raises 2 pigs every year...this year his sausage was the best ever...here is some he gave us. I'm going to give him the recipe I found online so maybe he will make some Boerewors because it sure sounded good.

306343297_10222782108601465_3891826519209381836_n.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, A-M said:

It was not me who fed the Hyrax as I do not believe in giving people food to animals as it often is not good for their digestive systems. 

My page being predominately black.... Matty

3 hours ago, Florida granny said:

You ladies are making me hungry! :) It's a good thing we have such talented chefs on the ship...  plus Henry, of course.

Here's my South Africa page: I went with white.

We actually another day or two in South Africa... I'm sure you can work tomorrow's challenge into your page though. ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Boatlady said:

Well since I didn't know what Boerewors were I looked up...that looks delicious. Our son raises 2 pigs every year...this year his sausage was the best ever...here is some he gave us. I'm going to give him the recipe I found online so maybe he will make some Boerewors because it sure sounded good.

306343297_10222782108601465_3891826519209381836_n.jpg

You would love love love boerewors. I'm going to try and make some myself. I have the machine to stuff the skins, now I have to buy the spices.... BBQ (Braai) smells so fabulous when you have boerewors on it. It's the ONLY food I miss from SA.

• Like 1

Wednesday, September 14th 
Belle has some great connections and has arranged for us to go on a Safari in Kruger National Park! image.jpeg

Kruger National Park has one of the largest collections of wildlife on the continent. The predators of the park include lion, leopard, cheetah, hyena, wild dog, and the crocodile. Some of the more popular large mammals found in the park include elephant, black and white rhinoceroses, eland, giraffe, greater kudu, cape buffalo, hippopotamus, roan antelope, sable antelope, and the waterbuck. 
Add an animal print somewhere on your page. It could be as small as a brad, a simple ribbon or whatever you choose.
Note: This is still your "Black or White" layout. :) You won't be asked to post it until tomorrow, but I won't be having you add anything else to it. 

• Like 3

Chic Instincts has some pastel zebra prints.

I used a tortoise shell button embellishment for my page. 

Vintage Safari is on clearance and has a nice zebra button.

Get the Party Started also has some non-traditional animal prints.

Alligator and snakeskin textures work too. Anne-Marie's layout has some already. :)

• Like 1

@Belle so sweet and kind from you invite us to your pretty house. I loved it.
@April Showers so glad to know your hairdresser is also "suomalainen". Gladly I'll try to dance with you all girls, I really love to dance.

@alsoarty I was dancing with the penguins too.
What a cute animals and I'm really enjoying the safari in Kruger.
@Boatlady I'm drooling, that boerewors look delicious.

• Like 2

Wow, what a great safari! Thanks @Belle for arranging it for us. We sure got to see some wonderful animals! Even though someone (not naming names) thought we should try to ride a zebra :rolleyes: I'm glad we were all relatively well behaved. 

... animal print added to my layout. I'll obediently (this time) wait to upload the revised version. :D 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, April Showers said:

Wednesday, September 14th 
Belle has some great connections and has arranged for us to go on a Safari in Kruger National Park! image.jpeg

Kruger National Park has one of the largest collections of wildlife on the continent. The predators of the park include lion, leopard, cheetah, hyena, wild dog, and the crocodile. Some of the more popular large mammals found in the park include elephant, black and white rhinoceroses, eland, giraffe, greater kudu, cape buffalo, hippopotamus, roan antelope, sable antelope, and the waterbuck. 
Add an animal print somewhere on your page. It could be as small as a brad, a simple ribbon or whatever you choose.
Note: This is still your "Black or White" layout. :) You won't be asked to post it until tomorrow, but I won't be having you add anything else to it. 

Oops! Did not Read properly....

• Like 1

Thursday, September 15th 
We’ve lost a few members of our group in the park! The rangers are out searching for them. We’ll head to our next destination as soon as they’re found.  What animals did you see and which were your favorites?
5-Post your “black OR white” layout in the World Tour Gallery 

• Like 1

My favorites were the monkeys - I like watching them play!   Those penguins were a lot of fun, too!   And Jane!  I thought it was you with the zebra but I wouldn't tell.   ?  @Jane in N.Z

Thanks Belle for hosting us in your beautiful country.  I loved meeting your family whom I feel like I know from your pages.
Sad to leave this lovely place, but I wonder where we'll end up next?    @Belle

• Like 1

It was amazing to see all those animals in the wild! Thanks, Belle, for inviting us, and thanks Captain April for bringing our ship here. Probably my favorite animals were the leopards; I liked seeing their spots. :) And I enjoyed seeing @Jane in N.Z on the zebra --- too bad my camera stuck and I didn't get a picture!

My layout was revised by adding an animal print flower to my cluster.

• Like 3