Scrap Girls World Tour 2022

April Showers

9 hours ago, April Showers said:

Thursday, September 15th 
We’ve lost a few members of our group in the park! The rangers are out searching for them. We’ll head to our next destination as soon as they’re found.  What animals did you see and which were your favorites?
5-Post your “black OR white” layout in the World Tour Gallery 

Oh my goodness... I adore giraffes so have been spending so much time admiring them I haven't found even a moment of time to create this layout.  Maybe after I am forced to leave this destination I can refocus my attention to scrapping again.  :) 

• Like 1

I loved our time in the Safari, I am a real animal lover. When I was child my favorite trips were always to the forest, nature, and zoo. Once we traveled to another city just to watch a red panda, my dad drove kilometers just to please me. Anyway, I really had a good time with the giraffes, the big cats and some other beautiful animals.

• Like 1

Friday, September 16th   
You weren’t supposed to ride the animals in the park! Who was that stuck in the tree taking photos of the giraffes? The rangers weren't happy. Fortunately, Belle got us out of the country in a hurry. We made a quick overnight trip to Morocco and we’re hiding out in Marrakesh. The city was founded in the 11th century and is known for its treasure trove of mosques, palaces, and museums. At its heart is the medina, the original walled settlement around which the rest of the city was built. It is a maze of narrow streets and diverse markets with cobblestone streets that are traversed by pedestrians and donkey carts instead of cars and have changed very little in the hundreds of years since they were first laid out. 

image.png   image.jpeg  image.jpeg  image.jpeg
Start a layout using color inspiration from the Marrakesh Markets. 

• Like 1

I must confess that I was one of those that tried to ride some animals, but they were so fast, lol. I was the one climbed the trees to take some good pictures, and at the end I got some nice ones of those sweet giraffes, thanks to Belle for the rescue. Here's my page

1061078002_Onsafari.jpg.25beb6d52a64342bbc1ae59ba9f4195d.jpg

http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/203158-sept-22-wt-on-safari/

• Like 2

I confess I was feeding the giraffes...I like to see the purple tongue!!! I had permission from the ranger. Then I was trying to find the elephants for a photo shoot but went down the wrong road the kind ranger was patrolling found me so led me back. I really loved the safari.?Thank you Belle for taking us there. it's on my bucket list but will never happen.

Ok off to the market...so pretty and the smell of all the spices....yum.

• Like 2

Marrakesh is gorgeous and so colorful, I can understand why it's the layout challenge!   The photos reminded me of the market in the animated "Aladdin" movie, I wonder if that's what it was patterned after?   I kept looking around for Aladdin and his monkey friend and bought some fruit and nuts and pretty things.   The spices are awesome.    

What did everyone else do? 

• Like 1

I was finally able to pull my focus away from those beautiful giraffes and I admit to feeding them... I just couldn't resist! :) 
I finally finished my black/white, overlay, animal print layout and hope I didn't push the envelope too much since my black is really more of a dark gray. 

1 hour ago, KristiM said:

I was finally able to pull my focus away from those beautiful giraffes and I admit to feeding them... I just couldn't resist! :) 
I finally finished my black/white, overlay, animal print layout and hope I didn't push the envelope too much since my black is really more of a dark gray. 

If I can use tiny tortoise shell buttons for my animal print, you can definitely use dark gray for your black. :D

• Like 1

Saturday, September 17th 
The tile work around the city is fabulous, and the variety of patterns is astounding. These zellige tiles are something you can see everywhere in the city — on fountains, interiors, exteriors, pillars and more.  

image.jpeg  image.png  image.png
Include a patterned paper in your layout. 
Post your “Marrakesh” inspired layout in World Tour Gallery 

• Like 1

I'm still wandering around the souk and finding lots of things I'd love to bring home. Just look at all those colors! I'm seeing a few other Scrap Girls, too. Who is that trying out some spiced food? It looks delicious! Maybe our ship's chef will make us something special tonight. Now to examine each of the tiles.....    My scrapbook page might have to wait until later. :) 

Sunday, September 18th
Our next stop is in Provence, France where we'll be staying in a lovely Chateau. 
After a visit to the lavender fields, you may choose between a winery tour or a perfume making class.  image.jpeg  image.png
Create a layout using one of these photos as inspiration 
Use colors, subject, mood, or any part of the photo. 

• Like 2

That sounds like a great place to stay and I think I will take the Perfume making tour as I do make my own Air Freshener. 

• Like 2