Scrap Girls World Tour 2022

April Showers

Here is my Marrakesh colorful layout.   We sure did a lot of shopping while we were there! 

A choice between lavender fields or wine? Oh dear! Hmmm....  I think I'll take the winery tour as I love learning how wine is made.  Andrea @alsoarty , will you bring me back a lavender sachet or two? And I'll bring you some grapes!

• Like 1

I love the idea of going to Provence in France and staying in a Chateaux.....hope there are no ghosts ?
What to choose is difficult as I love going to Lavender fields but don't fancy making perfume but making soap instead would be good. I rather fancy the vineyard tour but not sure about the colours,,,,such a hard decision. Can wee do both :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

I love the idea of going to Provence in France and staying in a Chateaux.....hope there are no ghosts ?
What to choose is difficult as I love going to Lavender fields but don't fancy making perfume but making soap instead would be good. I rather fancy the vineyard tour but not sure about the colours,,,,such a hard decision. Can wee do both :) 

You can combine the photos for inspiration. I'm fine with that. :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Here is my Marrakesh colorful layout.   We sure did a lot of shopping while we were there! 

A choice between lavender fields or wine? Oh dear! Hmmm....  I think I'll take the winery tour as I love learning how wine is made.  Andrea @alsoarty , will you bring me back a lavender sachet or two? And I'll bring you some grapes!

@Florida grannySure. I'll pick up a bunch!

Monday, September 19th  
Whether it was the perfume or the wine, some of us awoke with headaches this morning. Our host has a few herbal remedies to try. A bit of lavender oil may help as well. You can find me relaxing and reading a book by the chateau’s pool.  
Post your “Provence Inspiration” Layout in World Tour Gallery 

• Like 1

Here's my Provence layout. I was inspired by the beautiful light in both photos.

Ah... this is the most relaxing day we've had so far on our World Tour. I love the scent of lavender and the poolside service. @MariJ I'll definitely join you for pancakes! I think they might even be special French crepes! (Or maybe both?) Yum! That lavender honey is a special treat, too.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, alsoarty said:

@Florida granny I saved the essential oils I sent to my son for baby Finley - and boy is she sleeping!

HERE is my lavender page.

This is the original photo sent by my son this morning.

947778F7-6AE7-4950-8812-3341307D3247.jpeg

Isn't it wonderful how little ones can fall asleep any time in any position? :D She's absolutely adorable!

• Like 1

I chose the winery photo for my inspiration. I had actually completed and posted another layout but then I remembered that I might have a photo from Napa. So I deleted my other layout and did this one.

I had trouble with the size again. However I found a way to fix it. Long story short, I started a new layout and dragged all my layers from the layout that was too big. I was able to resize it like I always do and upload it. Not sure why it does it in the first place but I'm happy I way to work it out.

Tuesday, September 20th   
Last night we sailed through the Mediterranean and have arrived at the Amalfi Coast. This region preserves the old Italy; one rich with unique architecture, culinary influences, and fabulous landscapes. Enjoy pastel-hued fishing villages, amazing views, and plenty of Italian food. The Amalfi Coast stretches over 25 miles connecting picturesque villages, lemon terraces, vineyards, and stunning cliffs with beautiful views over the azure blue sea.  

image.png image.png 

image.jpeg
A single photo can’t show all the beauty of this region.  
Start a layout with at least 3 photos. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

I chose the winery photo for my inspiration. I had actually completed and posted another layout but then I remembered that I might have a photo from Napa. So I deleted my other layout and did this one.

I had trouble with the size again. However I found a way to fix it. Long story short, I started a new layout and dragged all my layers from the layout that was too big. I was able to resize it like I always do and upload it. Not sure why it does it in the first place but I'm happy I way to work it out.

Grrrr, Gremlins on the cruise ship too?   I'm glad you figured out a workaround but how frustrating!   ?

• Haha 2

Oh my I've always wanted to visit Amalfi and waking up here this morning was a beautiful sight to see!    I think I'll check out the tours today, I'd like to see the fishing villages, tour the coast to take photos and of course, sample the foods!

What's everyone else thinking of doing, maybe we can go as a group?    Heard of anything good?  

• Like 1

My inspiration for the Provence, France challenge was the beautiful skies.  
My photos are from last fall's vacation to Dauphin Island, AL where the sunrises (and sunsets too) are spectacular!

I loved visiting the lavender fields and it made me feel so relaxed.  I also enjoyed my perfume making class, but they gave us an option to make some scented lotion so I created a lavender vanilla blend.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MariJ said:

Oh my I've always wanted to visit Amalfi and waking up here this morning was a beautiful sight to see!    I think I'll check out the tours today, I'd like to see the fishing villages, tour the coast to take photos and of course, sample the foods!

What's everyone else thinking of doing, maybe we can go as a group?    Heard of anything good?  

I’m up for anything. I’ll follow - you lead the way…. My camera is at the ready!

• Like 1

I do like that lovely blue waters of the Blue Grotto.

Sadly I have been called away on family business but hope to return and catch up on the tour in a few days. 

Ahhhhh, Capri!   I've always wanted to visit here, too.  We are waking up in the most gorgeous places each day, thank you Captain April!  

Our tours yesterday were a lot of fun, Andrea and I took so many photos!  ?  @alsoarty

Does anyone have any ideas of what to do today?   I'd like to do some touring, but I'd also like to find a spot where you can swim in these beautiful waters.   Such stunning colors all around us.   I wonder if the water is warm?   

We've been having such a wonderful time, but I'm getting tired!   So I guess it's first off to breakfast, hope to meet some of you there and make some plans.

On another note:  I heard some loud partying last night, do you think any ScrapGirls were involved????    ?

:having-a-party:?‍♂️?

• Like 1