Scrap Girls World Tour 2022

April Showers

On 9/20/2022 at 7:17 AM, MariJ said:

Oh my I've always wanted to visit Amalfi and waking up here this morning was a beautiful sight to see!    I think I'll check out the tours today, I'd like to see the fishing villages, tour the coast to take photos and of course, sample the foods!

What's everyone else thinking of doing, maybe we can go as a group?    Heard of anything good?  

I'm with you, would love that. I just charged my camera batteries so I'm ready. I hope we get a few more to join us. Waterfront restaurant for lunch with a glass of local made wine please.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MariJ said:

Ahhhhh, Capri!   I've always wanted to visit here, too.  We are waking up in the most gorgeous places each day, thank you Captain April!  

Our tours yesterday were a lot of fun, Andrea and I took so many photos!  ?  @alsoarty

Does anyone have any ideas of what to do today?   I'd like to do some touring, but I'd also like to find a spot where you can swim in these beautiful waters.   Such stunning colors all around us.   I wonder if the water is warm?   

We've been having such a wonderful time, but I'm getting tired!   So I guess it's first off to breakfast, hope to meet some of you there and make some plans.

On another note:  I heard some loud partying last night, do you think any ScrapGirls were involved????    ?

:having-a-party:?‍♂️?

I may or may not have seen a few ladies tanning on the beach, in true Italian style… Topless. They say the best tan you can get is there or in Greece. Just saying.

• Haha 1

We’ve headed north into Germany and have stopped off at Burg Elyz Castle. 

image.jpeg
This fairytale style medieval castle in the west of Germany, is a stunning fortress which could be straight out of a storybook. 
Tell the story of what is happening in your layout by adding some journaling. 
Post your “3+ Photo” Layout in World Tour Gallery 

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to touring the castle and checking out the view from up there. Imagine decedents of the original family still live there!!!. They sure built sturdy castles that are still standing to this day. I'll see you at the pool @MariJ I want to have some German pastry...they make the best...not too sweet and I love their coffee too. I love the beach but will stay away from the topless one and use the pool here.

• Haha 2

Oh Capri... what a beautiful place!  Years ago I read the book to my boys "Red Sails to Capri" which is a children's book that tells the story of the rediscovery of Capri's Blue Grotto in 1826.  It was a great book and ever since then I have thought it would be a fabulous place to visit.  

Unfortunately I have a very busy weekend coming up and will be away from my laptop for 3 days so am going to be hard pressed to get my last layouts done to complete my World Tour, but will do what I can to catch up next week.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, April Showers said:

We’ve headed north into Germany and have stopped off at Burg Elyz Castle. 

image.jpeg
This fairytale style medieval castle in the west of Germany, is a stunning fortress which could be straight out of a storybook. 
Tell the story of what is happening in your layout by adding some journaling. 
Post your “3+ Photo” Layout in World Tour Gallery 

Oops. I better take that layout down and add the journaling….

• Haha 1

Friday, September 23rd
We’re stopping in Dubai, United Arab Emirates for a bit of rest, relaxation and pampering before we head to our next destination. 

image.png  image.png
Established in the 18th century as a small fishing village, the city grew rapidly in the early 21st century with a focus on tourism and luxury, having the second most five-star hotels in the world, and the tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa, which is over a half a mile tall. 
Start a layout that includes a strong vertical element or border.  

• Like 1

I don't know much about Dubai but I'm ready to learn!   I had no idea it boasted the tallest building in the world, for sure I want to see that.   But, first breakfast and then I think a spa day and time at the pool.   Anyone want to join me?   ??swim?‍♀️

• Like 2

Here is my 3 photos page.

Thank you April for all that you are doing for this World Tour. I see you spending allot of time with the Captain planning our next stop I know it will be a fun destination.

I have  friends who went to Dubai twice and they loved it.  They have many tall buildings and very classy hotels with wonderful food they said.

Wow we are nearing the end of our tour and everyone has been so good. I know this has been a most enjoyable trip and I want to go longer, anyone else??

• Like 2

On 9/21/2022 at 7:47 AM, April Showers said:

Wednesday, September 21st  
Today we’re heading to the island of Capri to admire its natural wonders like the Blue Grotto and the Augustus Gardens. The color Capri is named after the color of the Blue Grotto as it appears on a bright sunny day. 

image.png
Add something blue to your layout. 

Capri is on my wish-list. Here in Finland an italian serie was subtitled, and was on tv for years, repeating and repeating and none got tired, the name is Capri (2006) and is about a girl named Vittoria Mari, who lives in Milan, but she is beneficiary in the will of a noble woman Countess Isabella Galiano, she traveled, and discover that she is adopted and her biological mother was the daughter of the cook -Reginella-. She felt in love with Umberto Galiano, but Massimo Galiano -Umberto's brother- is visibly in love with Vittoria, but some girl named Carolina Scapece, daughter of a rich and mafioso type man is in love with Massimo. Well the story of Massimo is a little bit complicated, but in short he is widow, has a boy that is living with his grands; his wife -Julia- passed in an accident, but people blamed him, and with the time even by himself he has accepted that his wife passed for his mistake. Domenico Scapece -Carolina's father- wants to get Villa Isabella (Vittoria, Massimo, Umberto and Reginella's house), and is planning to use whatever kind of method, but his daughter plans to marry Massimo and in such way unite her father's hotel and Villa Isabella, but the problem is that Massimo loves Vittoria, that by that time is the girlfriend of his brother, better said more than girlfriend because they share same room and are actually couple.
Well I won't tell the end of the tv show in case that someone would like to see it. Not sure if it's subtitled in English, but the entrance of the series, shows the isle and the landscapes are very pretty.

• Like 2

@GraceJ Wow, that's quite a story about Capri. I wonder if we can see it here?

I thought our ship was luxurious --  just think of all those staterooms we have -- but those hotels in Dubai are amazing. @MariJ I'm definitely down with you for a spa day. Sign me up! @Boatlady I agree about wishing our trip wouldn't end too soon. It's been a lot of fun so far, thanks to captain April and the rest of the Scrap Girl passengers!

• Like 1