Scrap Girls World Tour 2022

April Showers

Saturday, September 24th 
We have arrived in Chennai, India. This region was previously known as “Madras” and produced the lightweight, handwoven cotton fabrics that bear its name. The plaid, striped and checked patterns are made with semi-permanent vegetable dyes known for bleeding which give the fabric its signature soft, muted colors. A textile can only be called “madras” if it comes from this Indian region.
 image.png

Add some plaid to your layout (don't post it yet).

• Like 1

Wow, I never realized the significance of "Madras" in fabric and seeing all the different ones here in Chennai and I didn't know about the dyes either!  Such interesting learning here on this fun cruise!   I walked around and saw so many pretty versions, I just had to buy some even though I have plenty of fabric at home!   It's really so colorful and seems so much prettier than other madras fabrics I've seen.

Who was partying last night, were any ScrapGirls involved?   I heard splashes, did anyone jump in for a midnight swim?
Maybe we should take a headcount this morning!   :having-a-party: ?‍♀️ ? ?

• Like 1

Sunday, September 25th  
Before we leave India, let’s head to HigginBothams, India’s oldest bookstore. This sprawling bookshop is touted as India’s first ever. Housed in the heritage Majestic Building, this bookshop opened its doors in 1874, though Higginbotham purchased the original store in 1844.

image.png

Add a quote to your page. 
Post your “Vertical + Plaid” Layout in the 
World Tour Gallery 

• Like 1

I have caught up with all in such an interesting place in India... such interesting old books.

My 3 plus photo page is in the gallery  HERE

• Like 1

Wow April thank you for taking us to that fabulous bookstore it was amazing. Who was that climbing on the bookshelves trying to the upper books, I wonder if it the same person that was in my photo in my page.

Here is my Vertical-plaid page

• Haha 2

I hear  of a lot of people travelling to Vietnam.  I do not think I have had any desire to go but now on this tour I have been. 

My Vertical and Plaid with word art layout.... Our Old Home

Vietnam never seemed a place to visit, but when I was in Australia so many people vacationed there since it is close, unlike to USA.    It will be interesting to see the country. 

Anyone have any plans today?  With our cruise heading towards its end, I'm going to breakfast at the pool, I hear the special is banana pancakes, yum!  ?   I'll look into some tours while relaxing, anyone have any ideas?   Maybe we can plan a group tour!  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MariJ said:

Vietnam never seemed a place to visit, but when I was in Australia so many people vacationed there since it is close, unlike to USA.    It will be interesting to see the country. 

Anyone have any plans today?  With our cruise heading towards its end, I'm going to breakfast at the pool, I hear the special is banana pancakes, yum!  ?   I'll look into some tours while relaxing, anyone have any ideas?   Maybe we can plan a group tour!  

This area is known for its amazing hikes and is popular with photographers as well. 
You could always help harvest the rice- it should be ripe in September. 

• Like 1

One of our friends visited Vietnam a few years ago and said it was spectacular. I will join you for breakfast @MariJ then a photo shoot hike would be great I sure hope we can get more to join the activities.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, April Showers said:

This area is known for its amazing hikes and is popular with photographers as well. 
You could always help harvest the rice- it should be ripe in September. 

Oh I like all three of those ideas, I'd better get moving so I can fit them all in!  C'mon Debby, lets see who else we can grab to go with us!   @Boatlady