Scrap Girls World Tour 2022

April Showers

3 hours ago, Boatlady said:

Still out sight seeing , it's been great hanging out with special SG friends.

I managed to make this page of curves

It's fun being out and about and touring and having good times all together.   I'm already dreading the time our ship will dock and we'll have to part....  :(

Wednesday, September 28th
We traveled north into China to the Zhangye Danxia Landform Geological Park which contains the Rainbow Mountains, a geological wonder of the world. These well-known Chinese mountains are known for their otherworldly hues, which resemble a rainbow drawn on the peaks of rolling mountains. The awe-inspiring landscape features precipitous red cliffs, most of which are over a thousand feet high, and multi-hued ridges of weathered strata, sometimes stretching to the horizon. some of the red rocky outcrops are strangely shaped into towers, castles, and even humans and creatures like birds. This type of geomorphology is unique to China and was formed during the Cretaceous age 66 million years ago. Geologists believe it is a result of movement in the Earth’s crust, which makes rock layers appear in different colors, sizes, and patterns. 

image.jpeg  image.png  image.png
Use one or more of these Rainbow Mountain photos (or even their name) as the inspiration for your layout. 

• Like 1

Amazing mountains, I didn't know about them, now on my bucket list of places to go, thank you so much Captain April, you are the best, all those places you've chosen were incredible! I had a bunch of fun!! this was the best cruiser of my life for sure! how much I wish that one day would be possible to do a real cruiser with you all, for sure tons of fun. Here's my Rainbow Mountain inspired layout, the paint splatter is on the paper that looks like blue.

Uh-oh..    ScrapGirls are notorious for recoloring and painting - I wonder who could have messed with those mountains?   ?     They do look beautiful though.   I'm looking forward to a few more tours today, it's gorgeous here.    Anne Marie @A-M shared some great photo tips so I'm looking to take more photos.     We'll all have a lot to scrap in the coming months!

• Like 1