Photoshop 7.0 Or Cs2?

staciemag

Hey everyone. I am new to digital scrapbooking and just went through Ro's tutorial for Photoshop 7.0, which I currently have on my computer. I just got the option to get CS2 for free from work (we have a group commercial license, and they'll give me one of the keys for free if I want it, since I need Photoshop to open particular files for my job). I'm just wondering what the big difference is between the two, if one is better than the other, or if one has more bells and whistles than the other.

What do you all think? Keep 7.0 or upgrade to CS2?

Thanks for your input! :)

Stacie

Upgrade! That price is too good of a deal!

Never had 7.0, but I really love CS2! Ro's tutorials work wonderfully with CS2 - that is how i got started in it. And Ro will have More Secrets for Photoshop available soon too.....

I love my CS2 and swear by it. I don't think I could live without it. I have used my dad's 7.0 and they are similar enough that you shouldn't have problems applying what you learned. The rest you can learn by playing around. That was how I learned CS2 after upgrading from PSE 4.0. As long as it's free, why not take advantage?

Guest sfcgijill
Yep, CS2 has more bells and whistles- it's the more recent version.

Sure wish someone was giving me the freebies! I would be jealous, but I'm just happy for you

Ahh. Okay. Good to know. Photoshop has so many different versions (6.0, 7.0, Elements 2-through-whatever-number-they-are-up-to-this-month, CS, CS2) that I wasn't sure which was considered the newest and the best.

I work for a gaming company, and I manage and oversee all the print assets, which means I have to look at the artwork and the design files our designers put together, and this means I have to have Photoshop (I know, poor me, huh? Heehee). I love that I'm finally putting this hard drive hog to more use now!. :)

Thanks again for all of your responses. I am now the proud owner of CS2. Woot!

Stacie

My take is if you have the opportunity to pick up the most deluxe version (especially when it comes to computers and software) GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!

Things become obsolete so fast that you are better off getting the best version if you can.

Good luck!

Archived