PSE Typing in Caps

MariJ

Last night my text in PSE 20 starting typing in all caps.  The caps lock is not on.  I've tried different fonts, resetting the tool. resetting all tools and restarting PSE and it still types in all caps.   I've done some research and apparently in PS you can reset in a "character panel" which PSE doesn't have (or I can't find).  
In my PSE preferences this is how "Type" is set.  I reset this (it stayed exactly the same) and it's still typing in all caps.

428340221_ScreenShot2022-09-18at9_49_27AM.thumb.png.fc996533fa9166e39c5166e79844ec7f.png

I read about trying "Command+Shift+"Y" on a Mac to reset type,  it wouldn't even let me use the command.   I also have "reset tool" and "reset all tools" and restarting PSE multiple times.    
I really so do not want to have to reset PSE preferences, it's always so difficult for me to get it back the way I like it.

Does anyone know why this happened or how to fix it?  I don't want to have to reset preferences in PSE if I don't have to, it's always a big issue for me to then get it back the way I like it.
Thanks so much for any help, I'm SOOooo frustrated at this point!

That happened to me once. I did everything that you did. One day it just came right by itself.  If you don't want caps, try typing in Word or One Note,  copy, paste your journaling. I wander if that will work. I usually use One Note for my journaling anyway because it has a spell check. I very seldom type directly onto my layout.

@Belle  I thought I remembered that happening to someone and you're right!    I just went to try again.    I opened a new document and wrote a line and lo and behold, it's fixed!   Who knows why?   I'd reset text tool and all tools a little while ago, then walked away from it.   Who knows why, it works now!  Thanks, Belle for your help and thoughts! ?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ladyscrapalot said:

I don’t have an answer for you but if you end up having to reset your preferences maybe take a photo of your preferences. Time consuming and a pain but at least it should be a bit easier because you’ll know how you had it. ??☺️

Thanks, Kelly for some reason it's working ok now, but that's a good idea!  ?

• 3 weeks later...